How to compensate for shoes too big

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by MaDuShI, Aug 26, 2022.

1. MaDuShI

MaDuShI New Member

Hello everyone,

I bought shoes (Yonex Aerus Z) that are half a size bigger than my usual size (EU44.5 while my usual size is EU44). During the tryout in the shop it felt ok, but now on court it feels way too uncomfortable, like I could fall at any moment from my feet slipping in the shoes.
    Does anyone have any trick or advice on how I could make the shoes fit better? I see a lot of threads about insoles here, would those help?

Thanks in advance!

2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    You can try double insoles. I did that for a while until my shoes softened enough to get the laces tight enough with thick socks and single insoles. The higher stack did feel a bit weird though.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

3. kenneth77

kenneth77 Regular Member

Alternatively, you could also try double socks

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Thicker socks/double socks
    Thicker insole
    Patterned insole upper or socks to add more friction so does reduce slipping inside the shoes.

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Bought some super edgy Mizuno in Japan (online shop) and it turned up being just a tiny half a size too big. Tried everything but here are the issues I encountered:

- adding an extra sole = risk of rolling my ankle and injuring myself as I was higher up off the ground and my ankles were not smoothly rolling anymore but twisting during sharp changes of direction. Badminton shoes are initially made to be closer to the ground, not higher. So that did not work.

- doubling the socks made my feet slip even more when playing singles. Doubles were okay as there were less sharp movements from front to back court but overall it was extremely uncomfortable and made it impossible to focus at 100% when playing challenging games. It additionally gave me huge blisters after playing singles. I played with blisters, in pain, for a good handful of sessions.

- using the thickest socks I could find was the best option, yet it did not entirely solve my blisters and "feet slipping in the shoes" issues. I bought 3 different pairs of socks until I find the "right" one.

Morale of the story: don’t loose time and money trying to find a solution. Get a new pair. Fatser, safer and easier. I had blisters, almost severely twisted my ankle for a few weeks until i give up and buy a cheap 65 euros pair fitting me better which felt like it was a huge upgrade from my beautiful 140 euros Mizuno. For badminton, the best shoes is the one fitting you perfectly, not the most expensive one. Learnt that the hard way.

intrepid and Cheung like this.
  6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Not sure if it solves your problem, but if I have too much foot movement in my shoe, then I used to do an heel lock/lace lock for tying up my shoes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.