2022 VICTOR Denmark Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Oct 14, 2022.

1. James blake

James blake Regular Member

Don’t sleep on kodai! Love his game

Lky tho. Been on a terrible streak since his world championship win. Would’ve never thought he’d take down viktor in 2 sets. Great to see though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yet again VA shows how unstable he is when things does not go according his plan, and giving up completely at 9:16 in G2 was just really lame, as Steen said it is only VA match to loose only... but luckily other matches were not given up so easily today :)

3. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Context wise, these two wins are totally different. At WC last year, he faced LKY in the very first match of the tournament. He won g1 comfortably, but panicked when things weren’t going well in g2, and couldn’t get himself of that dump till the end of the match. You could put things as simple as that. But here, Viktor had a good understanding of the playing conditions, after having played two good matches against high quality opponents for the initial rounds. In a way, you can say he was all ready for a LKY threat. However, LKY totally bamboozled with his game plan.

4. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

I really laugh at your badminton knowledge. I knew that naroaka was going to be dangerous. He did go to the Singapore open final and also just trash lu guang zu. Actually his game counters lakysa sen. The reason why ginting beat him the other day is because of his strong smashes. Lakysa sen is not known for that.

Also I did not reply previously when you said nty was an unknown b4 Commonwealth and that the 2 hk players are not that great . Just dun want to waste my time.

It's ok. I am not replying anymore. You can say whatever.

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Can’t blame him. Guy has never been in this situation for quite some time

6. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

Predictions? Lzj v lky

7. mohans

mohans Regular Member

LZJ. LKY will be LKY tomorrow

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Mas vs Ina in MD semifinal rounds…
    pre-thomas cup warm up match?

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Minions 1.7 vs Aaronsoh. Getting this at + money for the MAS pair i think the books get it wrong.

+ Minions should be more tired with yest battle. This taking into account Aaron arm isnt at 100%

10. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Malaysia has 4 reps in a 750 semi. Pretty crazy for me as a Malaysian ... Well even though i not certain how many will be left in the final, i think they are doing well

11. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I won't be that surprised if LKY beat LZJ as LZJ plays kind of similar with VA and I think LKY knows how to beat those kind of players.

But LKY always struggle against tactical players like Kunlavut,NTY and CTC. That's why he never won a SEA Games or Commonwealth gold medal yet because his path always got blocked by those players but somehow his luck of the draw is better at big tournaments.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The last time LKY and LZJ met, it was a close 3rd game with LKY hitting a drive to the net on his match point. He was wearing a sleeved shirt which may have hampered his execution.

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The mouth watering clash between reigning Olympic champion and former World Champion witness pretty lop-sided duel, Axelsen was ousted by his off-court sparring partner and best friend Loh KY. The Singaporean implemented precise tactic to apply perfect net shot that trapped his invincible rival into mistake, played faster to unleash his reflect offensive shot and didn't provide too many chances for home fave to direct lethal smash. The convincing victory over world #1 brought Loh to set up a meeting with Lee ZJ who experienced gruelling match to overcome Christie in three games, patience was the key in this match, what cruel draw at MS top-half section. Chinese ace Shi YQ avenges his defeat to TPE veteran Chou TC, took crucial opening game in thrilling atmosphere. Shi should clear Naraoka to earn massive point to push his world ranking which has been plummeted into #44 and eyes comeback into one of world's leading singles players.

upload_2022-10-22_10-26-5.png

China secures three semis spot in Odense following their several top rivals begin to show downturn performance, two skip this tournament, only world's top two become the primary hurdle, most serious threat for the Chinese armada in big event. Two-time World Champion Yamaguchi was unusually sloppy in third game after losing narrowly to the lefthander Chinese in second game, He BJ is suitable to play more attacking game rather than long rallies since she has no superb court coverage like her compatriots. Tai TY once again created costly blunder, leading all the way impressively with her incredible repertoire, took command throughout the match but succumbed at the end, dropped point casually and blew away momentum easily in crucial stage and automatically reignite opportunity and confidence for Intanon as the peculiar Taiwanese can't turn back on right track in deciding game. All Chinese final highly likely on the way as Chen YF is favoured to power past Thailand protagonist.

Looking at order of play arrangement, looks like the local organizer more prioritize singles category for prime-time slot.

upload_2022-10-22_10-15-2.png

14. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

No Singaporean in Singapore Open final matches
    No Indonesian in Indonesia Open final matches
    No Malaysian in Malaysia Open final matches

And now, no Danish in Denmark Open final matches.

That's why Chinese cancelled many tournaments this year, right ? LOL

mohans and Anks like this.
  15. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

@Banuka told ya, don’t underestimate Kodai.

16. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

LJZ announced it on his social after he was seen training with the ryuga1. said it was temporary.

just found out kodai has a 2-1 record vs sen. going back to their junior days.

17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Yes that’s why I said Lakshya won’t have it easy. Last time they met was back in 2018 YOG.

rakenrol likes this.
  18. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

disappointed with Lakshya after he defeated prannoy who is in red hot form recently.

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

dunno about that. LKY net play was crisp against VA. if he maintains that and keep LZJ lifting its gonna get ugly for LZJ

20. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

JYF must be one of the best flick servers. She's never been faulted and her flick servers are so unpredictable!