2022 SATHIO GROUP Australian Open (November 15-20)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Nov 6, 2022.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Kim GE blew away her chance to progress, steered opening game convincingly, 21-9 then manage healthy lead 14-7 in second game but unabled to convert the match into victory, lost narrowly 20-22, a predictable plot subsequently in deciding game, one-sided atmosphere as phychological impact approached the Korean, succumbed to Han Yue, 5-21.

2. cococo

cococo Regular Member

NTY is a confusing player, at times I find him a bit overrated, especially after he lost to players like Thammasin and CJW, but other times he plays so well,that he looks like the next LCW.

Anyway after beating Heo,very good chance for him to make it into the semifinals now. He beat LKY at the Commonwealth Games, but I doubt he will get past LZJ if they meet in the semis,so I don't think there will be a rematch this time around.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LZJ playing a risky game.

#23 nokh88, Nov 16, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  4. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

NTY is a player who at times purposely lose G2 after he is down more than 5 points. He will purposely don't run, missed out on long shots and just let opponent score. I find this seriously irritating behaviour of a player

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LZJ took 1st game 22-20. Was leading 19-16.

6. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I don't think he did it this match,he just lost the 2nd set by like 2 points.

I do note that he sometimes lose a game on purpose though,but I think he has his reasons. Partly because he is not very physically fit compared to a lot of players so I think he sometimes wants to conserve energy.

But the main reason is I think he is more of a strategic player,he lose a set on purpose at times so he can figure out the opponents playstyle and come up with a strategy to win.

7. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

did LZJ get injured? seems to have given up the last points of the 3rd set

8. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Is LZJ injured?

9. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

LZJ wants to play badminton or not? Genuine question because everything points to him being too content with himself. Maybe too rich already?

10. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

he called for the doctor i think during the midway on the 2nd set.

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Do you think that you have a bad day ?

Haizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have many bad days. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But still support to Nishimoto

nishimoto 3.png

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LZJ played like he is not interested. Very poor attitude. A let down to his supporters.

13. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

No fire at all, so robot like. It feels like he only comes to play a match and that's the end of it.

14. cococo

cococo Regular Member

He seems a bit lost in his playing style. He's very error prone as well but he still insists on hitting the shuttlecock to the back of the court everytime. It's not a good strategy.

I don't think the quality of his sparring is good enough as well ever since he went independent. Overall I feel he got a bit worse while his opponents have been improving. But he still has the physical advantage,but its not enough anymore. To reach the next level, he needs to improve his skills. I still think he can but he needs to make drastic changes to his training.

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i sense the fall of LZJ, but rise of NTY?

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    His net shots were poor today. It has been for a while now. Today, his smashes were so predictable and anticipated by LGZ, too many straight ones rather than cross court. Looked like he was not able to cover diagonally should his opponent return straight to the net.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ..and both won't win big tournaments.

For NTY, so long as he keeps his head down and always looking at the floor, he will remains the same.

Air tickets and hotel check outs on Thursdays and Fridays.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What a pity, Li Shifeng too eager to win, failed to convert his two matchpoints and in the deuces too, keeps smashing wide or long. A lucky escape for LKY.

I hope this experience gained and lesson learnt will enrich his game and help him mature earlier.

Simeon likes this.
  19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I used to think the same of NTY but he does come up with some good results. That’s why I call him the “silent assassin”. He’s good for a semifinal place.

nokh88 likes this.
  20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Lack of desire to win describes Lee ZJ surprising defeat to Lu GZ, the Malaysian can kiss goodbye for the jackpot ticket in Bangkok. The signal of his lackadaisical form was indicated from late stage of opening game, too easy to deliver point for his opponent through trivial careless shots and brought him into more tense ending, 22-20. The similar pattern relapsed again in second game and deteriorated in mid game of decider while Lu renewed his motivation till the end of match. A less appetizing quality displayed by current world number two, very unstable throughout the match. Well, a career breakthrough for Lu GZ to qualify in World Tour Finals.

A scary escape for Loh KY who had great start in the opener when all his offensive shots found right direction then the lanky Chinese woke up in second game, played more aggressive and pro active to balance the Singaporean speed and power, this tactic ramped up the pressure to trigger former world champion produced unforced errors when Li defense became stronger and began to anticipate well his rival shots. Then nail-biting scene which invites excitement arrived in late part of third game, Loh narrows the gap slowly and save two match points, experience contributes pivotal role to determine the winner. Another Chinese rival and more complicated test awaits Loh tomorrow, the rejuvenated Shi YQ who outplays Weng HY.