Oliver racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Tedski, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Wonder if there is any Oliver racquet user here, particularly interested in how their stiff scale compare to big brands like Yonex and Victor racquets. Even better if you have experience with their Omex 710 or Stream 600 Plus.

cheers

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Here in Germany Oliver is quite popular and I strung many of them.

The list of models I have strung:

• Dual Tec
    • Spectros 305
    • MicroTec 08
    • Phantom X9
    • Flexter PC
    • Fetter Smash (lol the name)
    • P800
    • P950

Stiffness-wise they are not wet noodles, but even in Yonex and Victors "Stiff" rating there is a variance. IMO they are close and just a bit more flexible.

All in all I wouldn't recommend Oliver. The cheaper models are quite good for entry/beginner level. The higher priced models are not worth the price. Despite the awkward stringing pattern on a few of them, which don't work well with my clamps, the quality of the material is not the best. Have seen a few (Microtec08 and Dual Tec) sinking at quite low tensions (10kg).

It seems you look for Extra Stiff rackets. Do you new FZ Forza? Their rackets are much better quality and x-stiff is really x-stiff.

Tedski likes this.
  3. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Thank you for the insight @ucantseeme , I wasn't particularly looking for x-stiff racquets but I do like racquets are on the stiff side with head light to even balance. Unfortunately I am not a friend of the "hold" feel, so lots of choice from Yonex are kinda off the table. I will look into FZ racquets but there isn't anyone local to my area is carrying FZ brand, so will be tough to get a demo.