2023 Daihatsu Indonesia Masters

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

ASG net play is so bad today.
    Let's see how far SYQ go

2. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I think SYQ is simply a better all-round player than Ginting. The only thing Ginting is better at is his speed.

3. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

you forgot to mention his horrendous serving.

service error in G1 cost him a deuce and the match.

how embarrassing on home soil…

4. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

He probably can't wait to just be a spectator, relaxing watching the game and sipping a cup of coffee while occasionally shouting indo...ne...sia...

5. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

CADW vs LKY with a lot of ea ea ea for both side

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Almost never see Kevin makes 2 service to the nets in a match, ever and he did that twice in interval G2. Probably gifted china 8 points on his own.

look real lazy and unmotivated. Cant blame Gideon when the first service of the g2 already get to the net.

7. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Wow, didn't expect LKY to lose here

8. magnumcyclonex

magnumcyclonex Regular Member

They must seem like good friends off court to hug at the net. LKY maybe not 100% fit this match?

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Gideon retire lol.

1 is injury ridden

1 lacks motivation

10. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Yes Gideon should retire…over the hill and not even recovered. Why bother even showing up…

11. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Stop showing KSS GF on camera .

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah like how can they beat KangSeo so easily and then lost to twin tower whom were beaten by KangSeo.

Gideon twisted his hip, weird injury - the kind of injury that you ll get at 32 i guess. Well Minions are probably the 3rd oldest pair player in the tour right now, if you dont take those semi retired like TWK/ TKM etc.

13. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

LZJ looks spent

14. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

Lowest point in LZJ's career as an athlete. He looked absolutely spent despite having just a few matches under his belt for the past 3 weeks.
    Lack of stamina, shot quality, and hunger.
    I have never seen him look this tired.

15. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

How weird for LZJ to be so tired. I understand naraoka’s fatigue but why is LZJ so tired?

Justin L likes this.
  16. cococo

cococo Regular Member

He didn't maintain his quality after going independent. I think having no coach and no reliable sparring partner has taken its toll on him.

I still believe he can come back but I think he should take a break and really fix this coach and sparring situation. The longer this goes on the harder it will be to come back up

Sent from my SM-A136B using Tapatalk

Gigabit likes this.
  17. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

Independent training regimen probably not as strict as in national body. Can take it easy compared from in BAM. Result = no stamina.

Gigabit, Khamenman and Cheung like this.
  18. om patel

om patel Regular Member

While the head coach of the Indonesian double boys, Herry Iman Pierngadi admitted that he had already known Marcus' condition with injury. Judging from some of the movements and body gestures, Sinyo had a limited play so wasn't so dominant in attacking.

With a high fighting spirit to win, the coach's team chose to take the blame for his foster child playing on the field. Finally during the second game, Sinyo had a chance to talk to the coaching team and was finally advised to step back.

“I saw Gideon already pulling his abs in the first game. Just in the second game at break, Gideon started talking and talking there was a stomach problem,” Herry said.

"I immediately remembered Gideon's rebound injury in Bali last year," the Fire Dragon coach said.

Herry does not know for sure what injuries Marcus sustained. Hopefully, Marcus can recover and The Minions can return to their best performance.

“Recovery takes time, I think with all the extra hard work I hope they can get back to how they were,” Herry said.

“Although not 100 percent, I hope they can still have the motivation to return to his best performance,” Herry added.

#BLUpdate
    Marcus Fernaldi Gideon suffered an injury and decided to withdraw mid-game of the third round of Indonesia Masters 2023. He admitted to stepping down due to concerns that his abdominal muscles will rupture as he once experienced at the end of 2021.
    "We have tried to try our best and in the middle of the way there is a problem, yes we have to accept," Marcus said after the game.
    Marcus admitted to opting out because he was worried about the repeated torn abdominal injuries he has suffered.
    "I also thought that I was going to be forced, afraid that it would be worse, afraid of tearing, afraid of bleeding. I used to be in Bali [end of 2021] his stomach has blood in the ultrasound. "
    "Now it's still the big 16, it's free to be forced. If you win, tomorrow you may not be able to play. I have also talked to Kevin, yes it's better recovery first don't force it," Marcus said.
    Kevin also supports Marcus' move to retire.
    “I think it’s the best decision for recovery first,” Kevin said.
    News: CNN

#118 om patel, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Hangover maybe ? :rolleyes:

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You didn't say they "cheat"? In your previous post, you used the word "deceived" ?! And here you called it "morally wrong"? In what way, which BWF rule did they violate? Why did the umpire allow it, are you also accusing the umpire of complicity in wrongdoing? Or, worse, charging BWF of immorality for setting up a rule that allows medical timeout ???

For goodness' sake, don't argue for the sake of arguing - what has SYQ's retirement to Momota one point before matchpoint got to do with medical timeout? By the way, the poor bloke had suffered, paid the price and punished for that indiscretion that was not in breach of any BWF Rules and Regulations but was slammed with a near one-year ban from international tournaments by CBA whose coaches you gratuitously criticised for promoting gamesmanship. What you are saying reflects badly on you instead for you've actually gone too far.

You've confused yourself and let your anger got the better of you and blathering away. Allow me to repeat and advise you and your ilk to show more respect for your idols who are above such petty shenanigans and accept defeat graciously as befitting their status. Enough said.

skhai91, volcom and justiceforlcy like this.