Public school grade?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by AdamMorin, Jan 23, 2023.

1. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Hey everyone, I have 6 elementary schools and 1 highschool in my small town. I was asked by the gym teachers if I would consider patch jobs for their gym rackets.

They are your typical steel $35CAD rackets, nothing special. Meant to take a beating.

Is there any strings out there that are cheap, come in a reel that I can do patch jobs with?

I had a friend recommend a HiQua string, it's a 400m reel instead of 200. But I honestly don't know where to go or know how to judge the string online.

Anyone have suggestions that are available to get in north America? BG65 string would be probably 10x better than these strings and a waste of my money.

2. Kuantrz

Kuantrz Regular Member

3. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    If you're looking for inexpensive strings your best bet is to purchase outside of North America. When I first learned to string back in 2006 I purchased a 500m reel of Hi Qua BG-65 for around $40 USD (You'll have to factor inflation) on MBS.

The string is softer than YY BG-65 and very stretchy (constant pull a must). What i mean by soft is that it bends very easily whenever you try to thread it through a shared hole.

I know shipping make take some time but it's definitely inexpensive string to offer to individuals on a tight budget.