New Li-Ning "N“ string series | N58, N61, N63, N65, N68, N69, N70

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by s_mair, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

I restringed N65 after its brock again (can choose any Nx). The durability quite low, on the lewel N1.
    In general N65 I like more than N1. N65 has better control and stability with time.
    It change its properties during first 2-3 play hours, became softer and repulsive with very good feel/control. After that 2 month it kept very stable.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You must be the first person around here saying that durability of No.1 is low. :confused:

raven1121, ucantseeme and Budi like this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Never once i use N1 & experience string snap. I always cut it myself if i want to restring yet using BG66UM, the reason i restring are always due to it snapping.

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. Barkov Maxim

Lifetime for N1 or N65 was close to two months. BG80 more durable in the same conditions. My statistic is small so far...

I understand the "high quality" of the test and this video in Russian, but it gives some information to think:

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

***BREAKING NEWS***

I've been in contact with e78 regarding the re-stock of No.1 and No.5 reels. And now please buckle up and don't panic:
    They said that Li-Ning has already stopped production of the No.x series strings about a year ago. So what's currently available are still the remaing old stock.

The Nxx series is about to replace the No.x strings from now on.

Can anybody else confirm this or has gotten similar information from a shop? I've been dealing with e78 for a couple of years now and they have proven to be very reliable. So it would be a massive surprise if that was comple fake news.

#45 s_mair, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    ucantseeme, Raju and Barkov Maxim like this.
  6. Barkov Maxim

Yes, in the Li-ning center seller told me the same information.
    They sell leftovers of Nx and replace it with Nxx.
    To be honest I like N65 more than No1... So it is not bad news.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    As long as Li-Ning don't bring the reels of N65 to Germany I don't panic. I have 7 jobs on my reel of No.1 and actually no trouble to order one. I think it is time to order a few sets of N65 and see how it feels. At worst I need to find a new go-to.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'll be stocking up some No.1 too to give them some time for all the post-pandemic dust to settle and to get some of my longterm No.1 clients accustomed to the thought of having to change strings. And for "the market" to correct their pricing strategy. In Asia it seems as if Nxx are a bit more expensive than No.x but at an acceptable level.

I still have another set of N65 at home to test. If it turns out that the first one wasn't just some magic lucky shot, then I'm in no way worried.

9. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I just converted one of my friends to LN1 annnnnnnnnnd theyre now all sold out in the UK. He is so upset!
    We going to get relatives to order few reels to bring over from HK.

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Update: Now I have only 2 jobs left on the reel. Did 3 jobs for friends and my better half and me also needed a restring. :eek:

N65 as reel still not available.:oops: Buying old stocks of No.1 is something what I want to avoid and the price of sets are insane. Actually interested to buy N68, because available. N61 seems to thin. @speCulatius @s_mair @Woesi or somebody else have you tried N68? How does it perform?

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Got a reply from Li-Ning Europe. Q3/2023 N65 will be available as reel. o_O Now the confusing part (@s_mair ) No.1 will also be fully available (all colors) in Q3/2023. For a string which is since a year out of production this is very confusing.

s_mair likes this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I’m far past the point of being surprised about anything Li-Ning does.
    Maybe they shipped the last remaining No.x stock to Europe. Or they have indeed picked up production again. I guess we just have to wait and see how this will turn out over the next couple of months.

Selling two competing string lineups in parallel (of which the more well known one is significantly cheaper) doesn’t make any sense long term. But again… it’s Li-Ning we’re talking about, so…

#52 s_mair, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Woesi and ucantseeme like this.
  13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    On the other hand Yonex did the same of selling several versions of BG66 beside Nanogy 98 and now Exbolt 65. IMO there is no must to have just one 0.65 string in the catalogue. I guess that they stopped the production of No.1 boost (it never came out as reel? or am I wrong) and there could also be a misundertstanding between you and e78, that they meant No.1 boost?

Woesi and s_mair like this.
  14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nah, that was crystal clear. We were also discussing No.5/7 and apparently they cannot even order any of them anymore.

But let’s just see what happens. At least it doesn’t look like a sudden death for No.1 around here which is a good thing.

ucantseeme likes this.
  15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Mhhh okay. What also makes me think is the fact that LN changed the package because chinese national team is sponsored since march 2021 by Yonex. If No.1 is not in production since a year and nothing is available anymore where are the last produced red packages? I think I could be just a shortage due covid in china.

16. Barkov Maxim

#56 Barkov Maxim, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

what ist this?

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    @Barkov Maxim are you in any relationship with Taan? Would you mind to provide some more informations about this string and do a review or something like that?

19. Barkov Maxim

I am not related to the TAAN.
    In my city we have a badminton equipment shop with free restring option. It is specialized on the Li-ning and TAAN.
    So, I can choose any string which is available in the shop for free and free restring...

About MAGE: it has quite ruff surface. The feeling is soft from very beginning (N65 initially MUCH more harder, a little bit softer compare to No1). Very repulsive but controllable, after some drills good drops and stable lifts.
    I have injured wrist now and smash with 40% of power.
    Today I did (unexpectedly) quite a solid smashs with some boom sound. It have nice predictable net game. Now I have two the same rackets with N65 and MAGE, last 3 session I play with MAGE (without any discomfort), this Saturday night I will try N65 again.

I plaied with N65 last Saturday and today with MAGE.
    N65 after two weeks became softer in feeling, it is quite good.

I would say the MAGE is more predictable and pleasant with high repulsion. If you have troubles with clears (like me now), MAGE works better.

#59 Barkov Maxim, Feb 16, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  20. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

E78 has stock now. Given a choice would you pick N65 or no.1? They're similar price for reels on E78.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk