Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Aayoosh

Aayoosh Regular Member

Thanks for the input. Ax77pro is another one I'm considering. I'm sorry I couldn't make out whether you're calling 77pro more HH or 7 Fury. I need something that can produce good smashes from the back court. Something around 295-300 BP works usually.

I also don't mind the flex as long as it doesn't start spraying the shuttle around the court making it harder to target lines in singles.

SlaShEr likes this.
  2. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    For me, just by holding them, both seems to have the same head weight. But 7 fury swings faster. Personally for me i can smash harder with my 7fury.

But there are times i go to my 77pro when my opponents have very good defense and i have to adopt to a more controlled game emphasizing on nicely placed push shots/drives..and also that wholesome feeling in your hand when you get to connect a good shot which only i can get from yonex's racket is quite addictive.

Aayoosh likes this.
  3. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Have you tried AX100ZZ? It's on another level compared to 77Pro ;)

4. Aayoosh

Aayoosh Regular Member

I haven't played with Yonex rackets for a while and you just reminded me of something I'd forgotten about. Li ning rackets don't produce the same feeling on clean hits definitely.

Yonex it is! So the next question would be in the Yonex thread on AX77Pro vs AX88DPro hah

5. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    I have the ax100zz in 4u/g6 too. I bought it when I was looking for a replacement for my victor mx80 (which is also fast and super stif). Its a solid racket, drives and stick smashes are fun with it, but i just realised that im far from my prime, too solid (stiff) for my aging wrist and elbow haha. If i'm in my early twenties it'd be my main racket.

6. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

This, but I would say with the exception of the Arcsaber series. I don't like the numb, muted feeling from the Arcsaber series

7. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

So I bought the Fortius 11 Power strung with Exbolt 65 at 26 lbs.

initial impression is that this is a very physically demanding racket. I think I'm quite a strong guy who regularly trains wrist and forearms, and I find quite hard to use. I have only played with it in one session so I may need to play with it a bit more. But I'm getting a slight buyer's remorse as the power is not what I envisioned it to be.

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

What racket do u use before? In 3U or 4U? With what string & tension?

9. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I use the 100zz in 4U strung with Exbolt 65 at 26lbs. My easy mode/warm up racket is the 77 Pro with the same string and tension combo. I bought both the Fortius 11P and Victor TKFE recently due to curiosity. I knew going in what I wanted with the 11P. I used a ZForce2 awhile back and liked it a lot, and regretted getting rid of it. I wanted a sledgehammer in the bag for when the mood takes me. I thought the 11P would satisfy that craving. Maybe it will in due time...

10. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Can you elaborate more? Are they way too head heavy or too stiff?

I myself am looking for a new racket as I think my Victor SW35 rackets are soon needed to be replaced. They are quite stiff and slightly head heavy. I'm qurious in the attacking rackets of Mizuno but no chance to try them out first as they are not sold here in Europe.

I'm interested in the attacking rackets of Mizuno and got my eye on the Fortius 11 Quick/Power and the JPX RE, but I normally prefere 3U rackets. The Fortius is quite expensive, and sadly e78 shop doesn't sell the JPX RE anymore. Have to buy them in Indonesia, but it's a hussle and they might not send them to The Netherlands. Besides, I'm afraid the JPX RE might be more of a medium stiff racket. I don't like that. The Axtrox 77 was not stiff (and head heavy) enough too.

11. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

It is both head heavy and stiff. And as with any rackets with those characteristics, any kind of overhead shots be it smashes or clears are nice to execute with the racket. It has a certain snap that makes you want to always hit hard and full power. Quite addictive.

But on defense I find the racket sluggish as expected, and if you are slow to react the shuttle can end up in compromised position on the opponent side of the court. This also includes really late backhands. I find in general that my other slightly-less-head-heavy-and-more-all-around rackets do better in game situations.

But I think the thing that I wasn't expecting now that I've played with it a bit more is the lack of vibration control. I normally use the 100zz and even that racket's solid core doesn't vibrate to the extent of the 11P.

I also have the Fortius 10Q and find it better suited to my type of game than the 11P. But if you're exclusively a rear court player this may suit you.

12. Whylikethis

Whylikethis New Member

Hi. Recently i bought a JPX Limited Edition Speed+ racket. After a few sesssion, the racket frame broke after a racket clash. Does anyone experince such things before? Or its just that racket frame is fragile?

:(

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Similar to my friend, but its a hard clash actually, so cant tell if its the racket fault or my friend fault.

Mine (not MZ) broke on hard smash. I guest minor clash but accumulated for long time do weaken the frame & eventually its giving up.

14. Whylikethis

Whylikethis New Member

Since mine broken I am now wondering whether MZ rackets are worth it.

Wanted to try their rackets and then it broke. Guess is bad luck / not skilled enough to wield the racket

15. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I ordered a Mizuno Caliber REG first gen. Wanted to see how non-made-in-Japan Mizuno rackets feel like, as well as Okuhara's first racket choice from Mizuno. :)

16. Whylikethis

Whylikethis New Member

Anyone used the Promax series before? Was looking at the FX7. Any thoughts?

17. Nehru0131

Nehru0131 New Member

Helloo
    Im need help
    Im interest with mizuno jpx reserve edition or fortius 11q/p
    Im auraspeed 100x user
    Is it still worth to buy jpx reserve edition remembering this 2021 model?
    Are the raket is good enough becouse the prize is high??
    Very dificult to find the review in mizuno brand

18. Voltricfankido

Voltricfankido New Member

I just got a Fortius 11 power. Have not got a chance to use it yet but it feels like a sledge hammer while it is fully recessed on the frame.

19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

What racket do you use before?

20. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I have a Fortius 10 power and it feels like that too. I don't think there's much difference between 10 power and 11 power.