Yonex TOUR models (Arc7 AX77)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DuckFeet, Apr 1, 2023.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Can anyone share experience of using Pro Tour (game) Play here please? I've watched the CKYEW content, and it's leaning towards going for cheaper options, especially with current prices!

I've used a few, wondering whether I go for a Tour or Pro next, also dropping to 4u from my prefered 3u.

I've tried:
    88S pro 4u. Balance felt amazing from the first time i held it. Initially smash power reduced, but that got better. When it started feeling too light i went 3u.

88S pro 3u. My current goto. Fast and powerful enough. Really smooth and dampened feel. Love it.

88S Play. Felt cheap and light and lacking in headweight. Didn't manage to use it for a full game. Mainly put me off the Play models for my own use.

Arc11pro 3u. Very stiff. Amazing power from lazy swing. Control was awesome but I was frustrated with massive drop in smash power.

AX77 Play. Feels a bit light, nice balance. Really easy power. Definite contender for S pro replacement. To me it feels a lot like the original 88S, albeit more flexible. Just a really nice feeling of ideal setup for my swing, doing its job.

Arc7 Play. The real surprise, too light, too even BUT, the sound coming off fresh BG80, the accuracy and power generation so easy! Also a contender if I completely change my prefered spec and focus on aim rather than brute force smash. Really nice feedback, I'm not sure i want to dampen this with a Pro model.

Seems that going more flexible doesn't bother me if it's in 4u (and less head heavy).

So the question is, what to try next? Tour or Pro?! Leaningntowards the tour on the assumtpion I maybe can't handle the stiffness of Pro models. Now that match season is over I'm going to give the Ax77Play and Arc7Play a lot more time to test. 3u Arc11Play also on my list to try.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

2. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Have you considered a 3U 88s Tour?
    Haven’t seen reviews on that specific model/weight. But for me, it would be interesting if it’s only slightly lighter than the Pro.

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    There's a 4u S tour on ebay right now, but I don't want to pay the same for that as I did for 3 of my S pro! Not even for the science of it.

Have also tried the 99 play. Again, very lazy easy power, I just struggled to hold back the effort on the swing so control was sub par.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I tried out the 11 play and 7 play on the back of CKYEW reviews. Think I preferred the 11 over the 7, but I didn't persist with either that long and got rid of both. 11 play was great value for money, especially since in UK the plays are a quarter the price of the pros.

If I were to continue my 'not buying the pro rackets ' experiment, the next on my list was the 88d game. Saw a review where they preferred that over the tour.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

5. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I thought Arc11 Play only comes in 4u?

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Seems you are correct.

So the arc 7 play is universally liked by all who have tested it. It's my goto for now. I thi k I can hit harder with the s pro, but less consistently. The extra peak power doesn't seem to make a difference but the Play hitting hard enough easily, more often, does!

The 7 tour plays the same (light, easy power, very forgiving) but feels nicer. The rexis shaft flex seems more apparent somehow. The pro feels more solid, smoother, it's the one I shall go for. The owner of the Pro I tested said the same. I was using his string and grip setup so I need to restart with my setup when I have both. I think the Tour is a viable option, just don't think about nor try the Pro.

Given how enjoyable I'm finding the 7play, it's hard to justify spending an extra £100 per racket! If I wanted 5, to test strings or play tournaments, I'd take the Play. I only intend to have 1 though so I'm treating myself to the pro as it does feel better.

The AX77 Play has been universally disliked! But I strung that with 65ti, which I'm not a fan of. The balance feels closer to the S pro. Will try that again with new string but it's a bit more expensive than the Plays.

Arc 11 play. Lower build quality than the arc7 as it wobbles when spinning. One strung at 23lb 65ti was snapped up but the first person to try it. So I've put exbolt 65 in the other to try for myself.

7. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

I have try both arcsaber 7 pro and 7 tour, the 7 pro feels more solid punch and heavier than tour models,

8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Heavier as well? Interesting. Have you weighed them? They all feel so light that an extra gram or so would probably be welcome.

9. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I use the 88D Tour as a warmup racket before moving on to the 100zz....however, lately I've just been using the 88 tour throughout my whole session. it's been quite fun. there's that voice inside my head that says, "why don't you use that beast in your bag?" but my arm says, "hey this 88d tour is plenty."

I just ordered an 88D Pro, so it would be interesting how the Tour and Pro model compare.

10. b4053ng

b4053ng Regular Member

I hae eperiened with 2 model so far..
    IMHO
    88S Game vs 88S Pro, so far the Game version felt easier to use, slightly more speed but with little "less" power compared to the Pro, i don't feel to much difference between them TBH.
    99 Play vs 99 Pro, 99 Play is very much more forgiving version. Power wise, 99 Play have less than 99 Pro but 99 PLay is very very much easier to generate maximum power. Manueverability is easier with 99 Play, rather than 99 Pro that i feel a lot more sluggish.

pootisfoib likes this.