Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

some initial reviews of AxForce 100 seems to say it's difficult to get the sweetspot when smashing. Ginting seems to feel it during Sudirman Cup.

about the grip, many singles player use that grip, because they don't play with high grip. i think it's a bit about efficiency, a tad lighter and a tad simpler to setup the grip.

pootisfoib likes this.
  2. TuanPunchMan

TuanPunchMan New Member

Just finished testing Axforce 100 3UG5 strung with Yonex 66 Ultimax at 11.5 kgs. I have been using Axforce 90 Dragon 3U, so I can give you my comparison of these 2 racquets:
    Stiffness: both are quite stiff but not as stiff as 100zz
    Balance: Axforce 100 is really head heavy. I can't drive nor do clear defense at all. Maybe i have not got used to its feeling
    Smashing, clear and backhand: Ax90 and 100 are similar in these areas. However Ax90 gives just a little bit better smash. Axforce 100 is faster, and has the contact feel similar to Axforce 80.
    I missed ax100's sweetspot so many times this session but this racquet has so much potential to be my next favorite racquet.
    P/S: Axforce 100 is the most beautiful and luxurious-looking racquet I've ever seen.

yenyesoh likes this.
  3. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

For you Axf100 better or 100zz? Which one is easier to use?

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Makes total sense. Not. :rolleyes:

skhai91, I3ugs, decoy and 4 others like this.
  5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Maybe the grip became heavier due sweat during the testing and made the racket more headlight?:eek:

I3ugs and s_mair like this.
  6. TuanPunchMan

TuanPunchMan New Member

Probably because I cant find the sweetspot of Ax100 so far

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's most likely at the same place as on any other racket.

And besides, hitting or missing the sweet spot makes a head heavier racket faster than a lighter one? Come on mate, that just complete nonsense.

what07, Xstringer, pootisfoib and 3 others like this.
  8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I appreciate good reviews, really but more often they are more confusing than clearing things up.

If somebody finished a testing phase, I assume somebody got familiar with the racket or came to the conclusion it is not a keeper. Regardless which case it's always important to know what racket is the current go-to and a go-to should always be the benchmark, a racket which works quite well for somebody.

If somebody is unable to drive or do defensive lifts with a racket, struggle to hit the sweet spot it gives me the impressions that this racket is difficult to use. Even it is not possible to figure out why the racket is so difficult to use in relation to the go-to it can be helpful to point that out.

Now I'm really confused how on earth somebody come to the conclusion that this racket has much potential and can be the upcoming favorite racket when he/she struggle with a bunch of shots and has multiple mishits?

pughon, Xstringer, pootisfoib and 3 others like this.
  9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Learn my leasson. Hearing & reading alot of great review for AVP. Good smash, good speed, etc. Buy it & end up hate ito_O:confused: Review are just pinch of salt. Far to many parameter & information that are not revealed & good from one not always good to others.

But i can think maybe he get a wishper when holding the racket. "Who am i what am i call my name call my name CALL MY NAME... SPEAK IT LOUD.... SUMMON ME & I WILL GRANT YOU MY POWER":eek:.

10. TuanPunchMan

TuanPunchMan New Member

Ah I confused you. What I meant was Axforce 100 has that smooth feeling when swinging, similar to Z force II. I used Tectonic 9 3U before, which does not seem too head heavy for me, but super sluggish.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Stop the gibberish. Please. You're only making it worse.

what07, pughon and raven1121 like this.
  12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I'm quite grateful for @Woesi s comparison between Tectonic 9, Aeronaut 9000 and Axforce 80. I use this as reference for how a good review and comparison should be. Not promising too much, providing some weight measurements and beeing honest that every racket has its downsides. This comparison made me not to buy any of this rackets and this is also an aim of a review. Don't overly hype people to buy rackets, stay true, be honest, be helpful.

I also need to thank @s_mair and @visor, their reviews made me buy the Jetspeed 10, loved it and would still use it if it didn't had the titanic feature.
    I'm also quite thankful for @Ch1k0 s review of the N7II which I still use since '17 and is still nowadays my main racket I have 4 times in my bag. :)

In terms of reviews Badmintoncentral had a period where the reviews were rare, but always helpful and honest.

yenyesoh, s_mair, pootisfoib and 2 others like this.
  13. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

@Zoap San please save us... review 100 Kilin :D

14. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Seen the price in Thailand. This racket is wayyy out of my budget lol.

alternat0 likes this.
  15. Sanjer

Sanjer New Member

Exactly what I thought when I saw the pre-order price. AUD $419!! You can almost buy 2 top-end Yonex/Victor for that price.

https://badmintonclick.com.au/produ...orce-100-83-grams-badminton-racquet-pre-order

I understand as a business you want to milk the consumers as much as possible. But Li-ning is taking a very risky approach. If players start moving to other brands due to price, it'll be hard to bring them back as they get used to different feel or specs.

16. LokiM

LokiM New Member

Hi
    Looking for reviews on Li Ning Axforce 100 and a probable comparision with Yonex Astrox 100zz / Victor Thruster K F Enhanced / Li Ning Axforce 80 (4U- Intermediate Level Player).

Thanks

17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Own none of them, but maybe this helps. All credits go to VN Badminton. Give them a like or follow them. Best source for compareable measurements. Forget Ckyew, Volant and the other """"""experts"""""" All videos have the timecode of the measurements.

AX100

AX80

TK F Enhanced

Astrox 100ZZ

s_mair likes this.
  18. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

yeh 420 aud is just ridiculous, just avoid it. almost 2 times y/v brand highend

yesterday was dm-ing someone to negotiate racket swap, my axforce90tiger being valued at aud150 by this guy (he's chinese). i said hey i got it 350 without string and he said in taobao (chinese ebay) ax90 is around aud180 equivalent.. might be my last lining purchase here but he's being funny eh we're negotiating in australia not china

19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Please keep in mind that the currency is AUD, not USD and a brand new racket which is always priced higher and is not compareable to something older. I won't take an australian shop as reference for the global pricing. At the end it is around 260€ there. The 1000Z is at 200€ there. Almost 2 times is exaggerated. It's 30%. At e78 it is 223€. I agree that the prices are high, but nobody is forced to buy Li-Ning. Even if the prices would be lower at the moment nothing really gets my attention from Li-Ning. But the same goes for other brands.

What does your experience with a single guy means? He also need to add shipping costs from china to australia. Just because a single guy wants to pay second hand a very low price it means nothing. What was your rackets condition? We also have here a buy/sell section. Maybe you can get here better offers.

what07 and pootisfoib like this.
  20. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

im not trying to compare local to global pricing. fyi ax100 e78+shipping here = 400 aud, local retailer 420, astrox 88d pro 250 aud. no almost 2 times is not exaggerated

about that negotiation, he lives here in aus but he wanna use china pricing (his homecountry) instead of local pricing that's all. everybody else in the local group use local lining pricing when trading. imagine u just purchased ax100 for €260. 1 week later for some reason you wanna sell it for €200 mint condition and a guy offers you €140, reasoning brandnew is €170 in his country