Head hurts after training

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Eurasian =--(O), Sep 9, 2005.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I've just started on an intensive training program 5 days a week with some of the best players in Canada. After training I can get pale and a dark area forms under my eyes. I also get a feeling like I'm hungry even when I eat until I'm full an hour-2 hours before playing. I have been to a Cardiologist a couple years back b/c of blackouts but I am not getting blackouts with this issue apparently I wasn't eating enough. I was just wondering if anyone could identify this problem before I go consult a physician.

2. Eurasian =--(O)

i forgot to add this

it is also hard for me to be open minded when this happens. I can't think about the shots I should be playing

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Could be psychologically induced stress. Afterall, you are training among the elite players and training can be more rigorous than average club training sessions. If that's the case, then you might want to consider dropping out of your usual baddy routine temporarily and focus on the elite training solely.

Tell us more details... do you eat breakfast? When do you usually train? What's your regular diet and any recent change to it? Any notable characteristics in your family medical history? Are you getting enough sleep? Giving yourself enough time for recovery?

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    It sounds like you are lacking enough of oxygens??
    Don't work too hard!!

5. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

maybe u need more sugar??

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    could it be low blood pressure?

7. Eurasian =--(O)

this is my current schedule.

Monday Wednesday training 6-7 AM, school 9-12:50 training 1:30-3:30

Tuesday Thursday school 10-11 training 1:30-3:30

Friday, school 9-12:50 training 1:30-3:30 then weights after

I want to expand my training but am scared to do so until I get this problem in check. Also I've found im somewhat ancy during training. anyways thanks for whatever input you can give.

My family does have a history of diabetes but onset at like 50+

8. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Eurasian =--(O)...I think your schedule is pretty tiring IMO...Especially on Friday...First you have school...Then train in 40 mins...Only 40 mins off rest from school and you have to eat...OK...After you finsihing training...You go to weights...Dude take it easy...What happened to your weekends? You shouldn't train everyday, change your schedule for training every other day..It's better than way..To be honest with you..You schedule is really packed..You shouldn't do so much training especially right after school..Don't you get really tired after class?

9. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    remember to drink lots of water during your training.
    keep in mind, your body might need some time to adjust to the intense program. 5 continous training days, not to mention the double training on Monday and Wednesday. I don't know what kind of condition you are in nor do I know what you do at each traning session, but from what I have seen, it usually involve lots of intense exercise and drills. Training is not the same as playing, you might be able to play 5 hours a day, everyday, but that's because you can pace yourself. In training, you are being pushed to the limit, which you probably don't do all the time when you play. Couldn't you move one of your training session to Sat or Sun and give your body a day off in midweek to recover? Also, your Mon and Wed morning session seems a bit short. I would not want to wake up at 5am in the morning just for 1 hour of training. It'd probably take me a hour just to warm up. =P

again, lots of water.

P.S. I'm not a trainer, nor have I ever been train by one, so I might just be BSing. :)

10. greentribe

greentribe Regular Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before this intensive training, have you been in a basic training program? If never, training with advance players is hard to cope.
    To my knowledge and experience, I had this problem during my early stage of training. After six months, things changed slowly until almost a year then my body fully recovered and got stronger everyday. Getting hungry after training is normal, bring some banana or mandarine orange. Before training do not eat until you are full even 2 hours before. It is better to drink isotonic water when you are hungry before training. I drink glucose water also because I always have low sugar.
    When I read your schedule it was ok for me. You still have plenty of time to recover for the next training session.
    Lastly, my coach recommended my to take Pharolit, it is a powder thing mix with water which is mainly consume for diarrhea problem. It is useful to replace minerals and salts after draining too much sweat.

11. tr1n1trotolu

tr1n1trotolu Regular Member

student
    make sure to replace the minerals that you lost from sweating... water, salt and potassium (eat bananas). if your head hurts, probably you were moving fast and stopping often. the front side of the brain become subject to inertia and presses on your skull, so often that it gets inflammation (thus headache). about the darkness around the eyes, is it because you didnt have a good sleep? (insufficient?) lack of potassium will also make falling asleep harder. ..(lest you are dead tired:p) *plop*

12. Eurasian =--(O)

I'm in pretty good shape. Need about 6 - 8 hours of sleep a night. Only time I get tired during the day is when I'm bored lol.

13. loverush

loverush Regular Member

Drink more water... Headaches are a sign of dehydration. Your eyes may become sunk. Or you may feel light headed/dizzy.
    Since your training more, you proabbly sweat alot more and lose alot more water without increasing your water intake.

14. pengu1ns

pengu1ns Regular Member

er...
    I have low blood pressure which means if i exert myself too much too quickly i can get light-headed and i feel very thirsty. Also sometimes headaches. What i need is sugar beforehand, and during if possible, for example a bit of soft drink before i play and water with some juice in during sessions.
    This works with me so if you are having similar problems id try that. And try to lighten your load a bit, your week is pretty packed:p

15. terror

terror Regular Member

ive also got low blood pressure. suffer from headache for a whole day after playing badminton in the morning. tried drinking quite a bit of water in between games but sometimes it doesnt help... haha i just try down my opponents before i conk out myself

16. Eurasian =--(O)

its not so much a headache as my head just hurts. its like kind of a pounding. doesn't last very long. Its more the darkness underneath my eyes im more concerned about.

17. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Why don't you see a doctor?

18. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Go see your family doctor!

What you described sounds quite serious and you really need to see your doctor to check if there is any thing peculiar.

If your family doctor doesn't have a good enough explanation, I really would suggest going to a sports medicine doctor. They will have experience with problems associated with athletes than a general practitioner.

19. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I get the same thing - it's a combo of over exertion and dehydration.

When you haven't been training hard for while and then get back into it (like most the guys at the NETC) you body will need to adjust to the added stress.

Blood pressure can play into the brain drain.You blood presure elevates quite a bit during training (especially the way Ardy and Moody will run your ass off) and can cause headaches.

I can tell you that WATER IS KEY. Both before, during and after. I'M terrible at the during part and I pay for it.

I'd aslo give your body a week to adjust. If it persists, youmay have to go see a doctor.

20. terror

terror Regular Member

i get that at times but i always thought it was because i kept looking up for the shuttle. and i stare into those lights up there sometimes which is really irritating