Yonex Nanoflare 1000Z

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NickifiedNg, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Totally agree, you even hardly see this type of speed in major tournaments by pro players. For casual non pro players it's basically impossible lol.

2. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm one of them, got a 3U ZForce 1st Gen racket when I was still fairly a beginner all because of LCW lol. End up alot of mishit and cause tennis elbow & sore shoulder. Learned my lesson, sold it and got myself a decent 4U racket which are easier to use.

3. makemymind

makemymind Regular Member

Its about 10 hours with 1000Z 4U with Exbolt 65 (previous choice was Ryuga "1" for about year or more). I think that 1000z will fit me at least. Can generate power, control is really good and my elbow and wrist will rest from Ryuga hammer ;-)

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I think most people just measure quality with value. You know, good quality always expensive. Dont expect good product on cheap stuff. They dont understand what they are looking for, what value it had in the product to measure, & what to expect.

Some product like low MPV cars vs luxury car, you get more comfort, driving experience, & all with more money. Ofcourse as the car price, its maintenance & sparepart also expensive & thats to be expected.

Other hand badminton racket value lies in its stability & consistency from its stiffer material. But to achieve that expect its harder to use which very little beginner understand this.

But well... Im happy there are some people with extra money that fall for it. I could get good deal for a new used P8 on half price:p

5. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

Hi,

Sorry, going back to the frame failure issue. Is it mostly on the 4U variant? Anyone experience it on the 3U?

yenyesoh likes this.
  6. gimmeracquet

gimmeracquet Regular Member

I have both 3U and 4U versions, I have been playing with them both for a month now. No problems so far. Maybe because I'm playing mostly single so I don't have racket clashes with anyone. Most of my beginner friends can't even tell the difference when they switch between expensive and cheap rackets, unless like between 3U and 4U, or like from 800LT to 100ZZ. In my opinion some people are overreacting a lot, for example when a person plays with 88DP a lot and then when he/she wants to switch to 100ZZ, suddenly the gap is "too big".
    And I hope some of you stop assuming that people who can afford all the premium rackets are stupid. Badminton is not an expensive sport to play, compared to some other popular sports.

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Its not stupidity when you dont know. Who was able to smash right after they are born? Its learning process & most beginner fall for those stuff. But it become stupidity when you know, insist on doing it, end up bad, & still repeatly doing it. Even a donkey wont fall to the same hole. Learn from our mistake & become better, but better yet also learn from others experience thus that what we did, hoping others wont fall to the same hole we had fallen into.

For the racket itself, as long you dont rob the bank, wanting expensive toy are ok but i just hope you dont injury yourself with the toy.

raven1121 likes this.
  8. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

So interesting. I came across two 3ug5 with no problem stringing at around 29lbs or even 32lbs with prestretch. Both survived and didn't have an issue, but when I was checking the frame before restringing, right at the 12oclock spot there seems to be "small hairline fracture" coming out from the grommet on the inside frame. Its hard to say this is a crack from within the frame or is it simply a cosmetic issue from the racquet it self and the fracture lines are only the frame. The racquets are not broken and it still plays well.

PS, I love playing with this racquet

raven1121 likes this.
  9. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

Another one 1000z from my group , no clash. Break suddenly aswell. [​IMG]

Sent from my V2151 using Tapatalk

10. gimmeracquet

I agree with you. If we know something is risky and still insist on doing it in an improper way, it’s stupid. But I meant, some people are really overreacting. Like at least 2-3 of my beginner friends who have only started playing badminton less than a year ago, are playing with 100ZZ now, hell even my gf who is a total beginner, is using 100ZZ and Ryuga as her main rackets. 6-7 year olds kids who are learning badminton at my club are using 100ZZ and 1000Z too. My point is, I understand and agree with you, but the rackets are not that big of an impact. We are unknowingly turning newcomers away from this wonderful sport.
    Back to the main topic, I’ve been using a 3U 1000Z with AB strings, 30lbs tension, and a 4U 1000Z with 95 strings, 28lbs tension. No problems so far.

Budi and heroclass like this.
  11. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    Maybe a stringer problem ? Bad clamping of the racket on the machine ?

12. coolchow

coolchow New Member

Anyone old enough to remember the nanospeed 9900? Is the 1000z basically just a new version of that? Headlight, extra stiff? It’s difficult to find 9900 nowadays so if it’s similar I might just get 2 1000z. Many thanks in Advance

13. gimmeracquet

I still have a Nanospeed 9900 now!
    These two rackets are similar in the sense that they are very stiff and not head heavy, but 1000Z is more of a balanced racket rather than a headlight one. And the head frames are quite different, design and aerodynamic wise.
    Pretty close experience for us non-professional players though. You can buy one to try first and see.

coolchow likes this.
  14. coolchow

coolchow New Member

This is great info, I will definitely get the 1000z just waiting for the restock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I have a 3u g3 NS9900. Liked it originally, but now I feel that the grip is too big for me.

NF1000z is a more enjoyable racquet :)

16. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    It looks so cool. :rolleyes:

I have started badminton after an year gap, using the Kalkul A3 right now. Any comparisons if possible from A3 users.

Why is my spidey-sense tingling?

17. Ponyo

Ponyo New Member

Would you mind doing a comparison between the 3u and 4u? I've played with 4u my entire life so I'm not sure how 3u will feel. I'm looking to get 3u since I'm worried the head-light nature will make it too floaty-feeling for me. I'm also coming from head-heavy rackets (99 pro and 100zz). How would you say 1000z compares to these in terms of power, control, hitting feel, etc. Is the 1000z shaft more flexible compared to these rackets? Thanks

18. Ponyo

Ponyo New Member

Might be a bit late but whatever. A thinner grip would make it less head heavy since the weight would become slightly more concentrated in the head when it’s removed from the grip. Imagine a plank perfectly balanced with equal weight on one side. Remove weight from one side and it becomes lighter, so the other side is heavier, thus changing the balance. I have a very head heavy racket, stock balance point is 325mm. I add a lot of grip and other stuff, reducing the bp to around 300.

19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Technically yes, when you measure the BP, take some weight on 1 end & the balance would shift but when you swing a racket, the axis is the same no matter how much BP altered. So, weight that changed closo to the axist had very much less affect & the opposite, it would had much effect when the weight changed far from the axist.
    If you want to spend some little money, try experiment it yourself. Buy some Power Tape (Yonex & Victor had it). Each tape are weight 2g & there is like 8 or 12 stripe (forgot how many each package).
    1. Put 4 stripe on the top end of the head & swing it.
    2. Remove the 4 top stripe, now put it on 2 stripe on each 9 & 3 o clock (so it still 4 stripe/ same weight) & swing it.
    3. Remove again, now put 4 at the T Joint & swing it.
    4. Last, remove the T stripe & now put 4 at your grip.

You will feel the head weight greatly on test1 & feel nothing on test2.
    If you had swing weight test machine, you will notice, test1 would add like 2 swing weight, while test 2 would ad like 1, test 3 are just 0.5, & test 4 add nothing.

Another simple logic, buy/borrow 3u ZForce. The headheaviest & hardest racket ever exist. Play with it while wearing 100gr weight wrist bracelet & see if ZF would turn into headlight with fast manouver.

20. gimmeracquet

Hi, fellow 99 Pro and 100ZZ user!

I always measure my rackets with the machine at the shop and keep a record of the specs in a file. All data were recorded with strings + cushion wrap + grap on. So here are the specs of my 3U and 4U 1000Z:

1000Z 4U: total weight is 93.8g, head weight is 44.8g, balance point is 298mm, swing weight is 89.5kg-cm2.
    1000Z 3U: with strings and grap on, total weight is 98.2g, head weight is 46.7g, balance point is 297mm, swing weight is 91.2kg-cm2.

It's difficult to descibe the difference in feelings between 3U and 4U rackets, because even between different 4U rackets, they dont' feel the same. Same as for 3U rackets. In my personal experience, switching from a stiff 4U head heavy racket to a flexible 3U head light racket is more seamless than switching from a flexible 4U head light racket to a stiff 3U head heavy racket, if that makes sense. You mentioned that you play with 99 Pro and 100ZZ, if you can play with them well, I think you can handle a lot of 3U rackets, not all, but a lot of them. Getting used to the weight at first might be a bit weird, usually you would notice the difference in your stamina consumption in the second game/set. Because a mere difference of 5-7 grams is not that noticeable within the first game/set for fit people who play often.

I would place 1000Z's shaft stiffness in between 99 Pro and 100ZZ, with 99 Pro the least stiff and 100ZZ the most stiff. 1000Z would be in the middle, I think very close to 88D Pro's stiffness. 1000Z in my experience is not really a head light racket, it is more of a balance racket with decent power and great speed.

With good techniques, I think it has a little bit more power and quite a bit more speed than Arcsaber 11 Pro. Before the release of this racket, I thought 11 Pro was the fusion of 88D Pro and 88S Pro, now that I have played with it for almost 3 months now, I think a strange way to put it would be 88D Pro + 88S Pro + 11 Pro = 1000Z, and the best thing about it is takes all the good things from those 3 rackets: power of 88D Pro (but not as much), speed from 88S Pro (faster speed than 88S Pro), and control from 11 Pro (not as easy to use, but comparable). Control is really good but needs some getting used to. Hitting feel is really responsive and crisp, just like many reviewers have said, you might feel great with it, you might feel weird too, as I have said it needs some getting used to. It is a very well balanced racket that is not too difficult to get used to, I think. Like you can play both singles and doubles with it.

There have been so many people who got their 1000Zs broken, as it is a stiff and crispy racket. I haven't encountered it yet with both my 3U and 4U, but keep that in mind.

visor likes this.