Is it true that LI-NING Cubic grommet last much longer?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by SSSSNT, Oct 9, 2023.

1. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Yesterday a shop tried to sell me a bunch of these. It's a lot more expensive than regular grommet but they claimed it last much longer and better for the racket. Is that true? Has anyone used these?

[​IMG]

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Very good grommets, I like using them around the 12 o'clock area for example. Due to the bigger and rectuangular head, they don't fit in all places on a racket or can cause the string to protude a lot from the frame.

If you buy them in the regular box, they are not that more expensive than the regular ones - search for "AXJ006-2", that's the Li-Ning product number of the box.

thyrif, KBM424, what07 and 3 others like this.
  3. raven1121

raven1121 Regular Member

Yes, they last forever even at 32-34 lbs... okay maybe like 5-6 stringings but still. Regular ones would be squashed in just 1-2 restrings.

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

I like how they are shorter then the circular one, many times you don't have to trim off the excess, even near the recessed portion of some rackets.

If you don't rotate the circular ones, the square would last longer, I swap them out after 3 to 4 string jobs. They last extremely long on those single pass sections near the 1 and 11 o'clock positions.

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

AXJK006-3

KBM424 likes this.
  6. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

The rectangular grommet can last longer as it is thicker but it can only be rotated 180degree. The circular one can use at least 4 times by rotating it 90degrrr.

KBM424 likes this.
  7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I actually also use them at the same position on the very few rackets from clients. I have the impression they are a slightly different material and harder. Run atm this and round ones on my own rackets and the stringbed feels different (slightly harder) on the racket with rectangular ones. Could also be just in my mind and placebo.

If you use them on shared holes in recessed parts of the frame which I normally flare you have no chance to turn them. This bothers me a bit. The round ones are more comfy when you turn grommets.

For OCD patients like me it is an additional pain the arse to align them even if the recessed part is wider than the grommet.

8. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Has anyone tried this with yonex 100zz does it protrude or be incompatible in some way.

I have no experience in replacing grommets. But i am planning to replace them in the future.

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Li-Ning Round | Yonex Original | Li-Ning Cubic

Single:

[​IMG]

Shared:

[​IMG]

You won't get any problems. Trust me. ;)

Ludwik likes this.
  10. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Nice. I'll order them once I need replacements. Do you think special grommets like these are worth adding as well? Screenshot_2023-10-23-18-55-07-92_2abacf34316c15a12c3cebabd203d65f.jpg

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    What tensions are you running?

Personally I don't recommend anybody special grommets, who don't need them. If you have a frame which is prone to sinking or has some signs of it, you can prolong the usage of the frame, but if you don't need - skip. If you need to use them - get a different racket IMO. Been there, done that.

speCulatius, Ludwik and s_mair like this.
  12. raven1121

raven1121 Regular Member

How tight were the Li-Ning single pass ones? I found that I had to absolutely force them in, so I just got the Yonex ones and they fit better.

13. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

At the moment. I only get my rackets strung at 28 lbs.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    It is vice versa. The cubic and round ones from LN are tight and snug but by pushing with fingers in. The cubic slightly easier. The Yonex single pass I can't push in my frames by fingers and need a tool to push them in. Reference: N7II.

15. raven1121

raven1121 Regular Member

LN grommets fit 100% in all my LN rackets yeah. 100ZZ is just slightly different and only for the single pass holes. I pushed it down against the table and the LN grommet still won't go in. Even if it did I wouldn't be able to pull it out to replace. It's the same result for two of the 100ZZ I had, but it may vary I guess.

16. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Hmmm. If the LN grommets don't fit in your YY racket I assume you wanna say that they are bigger?

A drilled hole in a frame is a drilled hole in a frame regardless who made the frame. How can it be that I get the LN get in with ease if they bigger and the YY ones not?

I never got any issues with LN grommets and went through 4-5 boxes of the round ones in total and replaced many grommets with them of many rackets I strung.

17. raven1121

raven1121 Regular Member

IDK, just sharing my own experience... YY has specific grommets for many models, so I think they may not be universal. My LN grommets are model AXJK006-1. I ended up buying the official Yonex from an authorized dealer for wayy too much $$.

#17 raven1121, Oct 24, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  18. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Quick update for everyone,

I've gone ahead and placed an order for the Li-Ning round grommets. Specifically, I chose the model AXJK006-4s since the AXJK006-1 wasn't available. These grommets are still round, but the only difference I noticed is in their appearance. One of the grommets (I believe it's the shared hole grommet) features the Li-Ning lettering and logo, while the single hole grommet has two logos. 993d09b1-fb37-4512-8ba9-1f8298473794.jpg 05ad7fb0-5e42-475c-aa42-a3804adc1aa4.jpg

raven1121 likes this.