Post ur Yonex Carbonex Racket!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Carbonex25SP, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    great,,, it's nice that there are still some fellow badminton lovers still using carbonex nowadays...
    :D
    Among my fellow folks in my local badminton community, only very small number still use Carbonex/Oval (Cab25, Cab8Tour, RSL Oval),,, 95-99% of them prefer modern ISO

So I assume your Cab8000 ti is from the 90's right?
    about the cab20 ti power, yea I heard from BC forum that's one of the hardest cab20 variant racket to master, maybe even harder than cab20 power, because both of them has very very stiff shaft, but even more the 20ti power is head heavier.
    :)

I love my 2UG5 Cab20 Tour Special (Cab20TRS) because it's the headlightest among all Cab20 variant (only 280-285 cm "ish" BP), whereas others in my possession such as 2U cab20 (lavender), cab20 tour, and cab20 power has 290-295 cm "ish" BP and stiffer than my Cab20TRS,,, too hard for my handling! hahaha
    I've tried the 2000's cabs such as cab20 (orange), cab21 (red), and cab21 special, and the solid feeling isn't as nice as my 1999 Cab20TRS,,, feel less punch from those 2000's rackets, thus that's why I thought the 90's Cabs has better feel/solid punch (but again,,, this could be my personal feel/experience).

Long Live Carbonex (and other Oval Rackets!) !!!
    :D :D :D
    *although only 1% possibility, I hope Yonex one day would endorse their pro players to use Carbonex again! now I only see the white Cab20 only for Japan Domestic Market (JDM),,, and it's been like that for the last 10 years I guess. The last international market Carbonex is the Cab50.

Cheung likes this.
  2. Yazfyl

Yazfyl New Member

The Cab 8000 Ti was bought 10 years ago and it was an impulsive buy. Was looking for shoes at the time and the racket was the last unit there. Mine is 3UG5. With a thin Li Ning towel grip direct over the bare handle the BP is about 285mm. String is a cheap unknown brand, lacking in control for being slippery. Might change to something like BG80 or MicroLegend later.

For a few years I also had a Cab 30 Muscle (2U). I also own a Yang Yang Tactic 8500 at the time and it was better for me so the Cab 30 MS was sold.

Oval head gives a completely different feel and so far haven't found any equivalent. Yet to try the compact head rackets.

ubootsg and ojayz like this.
  3. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    That's cool. I am glad that you enjoy the oval/carbonex racket.
    Unfortunately I haven't tried other oval than yonex carbonex,,, so I couldn't really compare it with other brand... but it's interesting that you mention Yang Yang racket is better than cab30ms, thus I believe there's actually many great oval rackets out there (but I don't know if other brands still sell oval rackets nowadays).

yea about the compact racket frame, the most recent "compact" isometric that I had owned (and tried) was astrox 88s and 88d (2018 old colour) 4UG5. It's not the most "compact" maybe,,, but still feel the punch isn't as nice as my cabs... Maybe because it's 4U, but I decided to bought the 4U version because I could never able to handle 3U head heavy racket after I tried 3UG5 Armortec 700 around 10 years ago.

Last month I just bought a Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash 3UG5,,, considered as "compact" by many... But I don't want to use it because it's a classic racket (for my collection only now) and I was very fortunate to grabbed 2 of those via online in Indonesia, because now I can't find any ArcZ-Slash around!
    I heard victor jetspeed was also classified as compact i assume, and lots of nice experience mentioned in this forum, but I never tried it, so I can't comment much.

Long Live Oval and Carbonex Rackets!!!
    Also Happy Weekend and Happy Badminton!!!

4. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I am using carbonex 30 as backup for my astrox 100zz and a carbonex 50 is somewhere in the store room:) ; I find carbonex 50 the hardest to play amongst all of them. Carbonex 30 really packs a punch when hit at sweet spot (not sure if due to 3U vs 4U Astrox) but certainly not as forgiving as Astrox

5. d1g1ts

d1g1ts Regular Member

Train pilot
    I have to string this oldtimer but can't find much information about this racket. Any carbonex owners have the same model an can post me a picture of the stringing bed?

Attached Files:

6. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    Can you post several pictures pf the racket such as fram, cone, bottom of the handle (with yonex logo), and serial numbers on the shaft and cone? Because I haven’t seen cab3 with such design yet

7. Yazfyl

Yazfyl New Member