Court mat issue

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Canadaguyy, Jan 7, 2024.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah environment is too cold. Next step to try would be a commercial heat gun. Again go slow and easy!

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

2. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

Will try it this weekend

3. augustas

augustas New Member

Just use a double sided tape. Preferably weak type tape. So it won't tear when removing and leave residue. Just watch videos how to instal carpets with double sided tape. Simple DIY squeegee slightly wider than you mat strip could help too.

4. Canadaguyy

We would have to pull the mat really hard for it to get flat again and then stick it to the double sided tape so not sure if it would work. Don’t think squeegee would help aswell, the part that is wavy was in the middle of the roll and it was rolled up for a long time. I believe it mightve not been rolled up correctly for it to cause waves like that.
    Ill try the heatgun method tommorow and if it doesn’t work i could give your solution a try.
    Thanks!

5. augustas

augustas New Member

Squeegee helps with double sided tape. You brush with it and taping at the same time. To get rid of waves and wrinkles.

6. Canadaguyy

I just got a heatgun, will try it tonight and if it doesnt work I will try your method

visor likes this.
  7. Canadaguyy

I used the heatgun and a electric heater to heat underneath and on top of the mats. It definetly helped in most places. There was one of the rolls that was very bad and we switched it with a spare that we had. Overall it is pretty good but the ends of the rolls are still wavy, will try taping it to see if it helps. If not, it should get better this summer once the temperature in the building goes up.

I3ugs and visor like this.
  8. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    you could try hot water on it too rather than the heat gun.. boil a pot.. pour it over it outside, of course warm it up first if its freezing. but this could warm it up ti pull out the last wrinkles.

Cheung and visor like this.
  9. Canadaguyy

Its been getting better as we play on it alot but theres one spot thats a bit worse then other spots so that could be an option for that spot. Will see what I can do, thanks for your help!