At500??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by herovc, Mar 14, 2004.

1. herovc

herovc Regular Member

What's the characteristic of AT500? I've heard alot about how head heavy yet light and stiff at700 is but there's not too many thread about at500.... Also, www.yonex.co.jp still didn't list AT500 on there site? Why's that? The reason I'm asking is b'coz I'm thinking of buying one and ppl told me AT500 feels like MP99 ..... even balance yet a bit head heavy for AT500. Is that true?

vc

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    that's also the thing I am talking about, the at500 is not on the JP site.

http://www.yonex.com/badminton_armortec.cfm
    but you can check out the US/Canada site here :)

3. TheGr8One

TheGr8One Regular Member

University Student (CS)
    Take a swing with one and you should find that the AT500 is indeed head heavier than a MP99. AT500 comes in 3U and 4U whereas MP99 comes in 2U and 3U. If they are both 3U, then they have approximately equal weight.

4. herovc

herovc Regular Member

Even the US/CAN site does not have full detail about AT500 in terms of power level or even material used?
    I've been searching for alot of racquets and have finally decided to buy the AT500 3U G4 since the price is more reasonable than the other high end yonex (CAD$175 including BG-65TI and grip.... was it a good deal??). Anywaz, I'll try it out this coming Tues and will give u all a full experience about it.

PS. B4 decided on AT500, I was also struggling on ISO TI SW SX. It was a very nice racquet and the swing does feel more comfortable than others. But price tag is not cheap (CAD$220). Anyhow, I think I'll have my friend buy it for me in HK since the price seems to be alot lower there. I really really wanna have an ISO TI SW SX......

O... one more question... is AT500 more of an offensive or defensive racquet?

vc

#4 herovc, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  5. chobits125

chobits125 Regular Member

can anyone tell me what sting is best fit for AT-500?:confused:

6. ymerej

ymerej Regular Member

Hi everyone, I've got both a 3U Armortec 500 and 3U MP99 and I must say they do not feel the same in the slightest. Nor do they perform the same. The Armortec is an overall heavier feeling racket. Felt more like a 2U racket. The MP99 is very light, agile and has a distinct repulsive snap and pop sound when smashing. Probably from the Ultimum Ti material.

The Armortec 500 needs more arm power to get a good smash and it takes time getting use to. Additionally, the Armortec has a metallic zing sound when hitting and the head feels more stable on off centre shots. I found that the Armortec 500 is more a control racket and the MP99 a powerful smashing machine. I have the MP99 strung with BG80 at 24lbs and the Armortec 500 with BG68ti at 24lbs.

Overall both are excellent rackets, the MP99 I felt is more suited to doubles since its easy to defend with and has excellent smashing properties. The Armortec I felt was great for singles as the control is supreme. Cheers

7. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

I felt that at300 and at500 got no difference....:(