My new weapon - apacs nanopower 7000 review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by crazy_smasher, Feb 20, 2005.

1. lohtw

lohtw Regular Member

Pardon me, but I repeated a question already asked above. Simple map of Jusco Permas Jaya http://www.jusco.com.my/JuscoHome/html/profile/storeinfo/jusco_pj.htm

2. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Dear lohtw,

Just want to tell you a sad story. The apacs has launched their new nano series racquet which is totally difference from what we get (nanopower 7000)

visit this : www.apacs-sports.com

How do you know about the racquet shop at Taman Sentosa (Hong Li)? I was told that this shop only attend Singaporean. What is your comment about his attitude? :rolleyes:

For you info, I believe your nanopower 7000 is the latest version if compare to mine because my racquet "cap" - the cone shape cap between the shaft and handle only printed "apacs" without any extra pattern on it and I believe yours have it.

My opinion is that you should visit the BL sport instead of Hong Li. Because you are paying the same price but with less goodies (I mean the bag)

Anyway, this is only my personal opinion. Hope you are happy with your new toy.

3. lohtw

lohtw Regular Member

Hi there LouisW,

Dun worry too much about it:) APACS seems to have a lot of "clones" for one Yonex model, especially the "armortec" series. I am not surprised they will come up with new models of "nanopower".

Got to know Hong Li from this forum. They do carry a lot of APACS products. In addition you can get Fleet and Yonex there. I dun know about attending to Singaporeans only but I do see some Malaysians coming in to string their rackets. I went there with my brother and 2 other friends and spent almost an hour in the shop. We were left mostly alone to choose the rackets. I won't say their service was excellent but still okay.

I think my nano does not have extra pattern as well :eek: In fact it doesn't even have the sticker to show it is 4U or 3U. (btw Hong Li sells mainly 4U APACS rackets). Same fate ....

I tried the nano two days ago and found it reasonable. Net play was fine but I feel the smashes were not as powerful as compared to my Winex ArmorTx 800DE. In fact the Winex racket is very much better. Maybe it was the first time I was playing with it, or maybe my thumb had a blister, I cant play well with it. (Trying to find excuse :p )

Will take your advice and go to BL next time. But that be until one of my rackets broke cos missus is not too happy with the 8 rackets lying around :p
    Thanks

4. wawan

wawan Regular Member

yup.....i know....most agree with you....
    and that is y I'm looking for 10&10 phone number to check on price for yonex genuine racquet there....

thanks mate for your advice....

5. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Hi Wawan,

Try Classic Sports Trading Mr Soh instead. He is located in SAFRA Toa Payoh, selling at good prices. I just bought a nanopower 7000 from him strung at 28Crossx26Main with BG85 + grip, at S$60. He is also selling Nanospeed 7000 SP version at S$250, AT800 Offensive at S$225...

Call him at 6253 8858

6. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Well... just for your information, I am also having the Nanospeed 7000 from YONEX.

7. wawan

wawan Regular Member

thanks dude...
    you have been very helpful....

btw....is there any special package with the AT800 price of SG$225?
    i mean maybe big bag,grip,string,socks or maybe shirt also....?

errr...sorry for not knowing singapore's map here....is SAFRA Toa Payoh far away from Bras Basah Complex?

hope can help me on this....thanks

8. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    >>AT800 price of SG$225?

AT800 at SG$225 comes with string and grip. You may choose the string and the stringer will string for you. He have been stringing for the past 20 years, currently using a good machine too. And... he plays 4 - 5 days per week. In fact, S$225 is quite a good price, Gala is offerring at S$269 and 10 & 10 at S$250.

>>errr...sorry for not knowing singapore's map here....is SAFRA Toa Payoh far away from Bras Basah Complex?

Well... I drive, so to me... it is very near. From Bras Basah Complex, it is merely 15 minutes drive.

Or.... you may try to locate it from this map:

http://www.safra.sg/facilities/TP_Map0304.doc

Thanks.

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Does this shop really exists? I could not find it when I was there. Is this a residence?

10. ditorajo

ditorajo Regular Member

Do you (or somebody else) mind to post some pictures of it?

11. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

sorry, sealman

I'm not too sure cause the address did appear in their name card.

12. madman

madman Regular Member

Apacs Nanopower 7000 Revisited

I bought this racket about 6 months ago, right after breaking my MP100. After 2 games, my conclusion was that this racket sucks and I gave it a lousy rating on this site. However, after using this as a spare racket (I bought a Ti10 and an AT800DE in these 6 months), I have grown more and more fond of it. Maybe it is because I have found the correct way to play with this head light racket. So, I would now set the record straight. Apacs Nanopower 7000 is indeed a good racket given the low cost of owning it. Very fast response and more than adequate smashing power.

13. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

I got myself a Apacs Nanopower 7000 after testing it from a friend..After playing with it for a game, I'm gonna just write a sort review on it..

Got it from Classic Sports at Tp Safra with BG66 at 22lbs

Anyway, very paiseh, gotta borrow Crazy Smasher's format cos too lazy to make my own...:D

Appearance:

Paintwise, almost identical look to yonex nanospeed 7000.
    Stiff shaft, rather light iso head frame, long length, thick frame, small grip size. Paint howver is not as well applied as the real yonex ns7000.

First impression:

The racket is very light and agile...however, had to use my arm swing to generate power and compensate for the stiffness. Control was good and I managed to react to every shot.

Fast Attacking Clears:
    With some wrist action and arm swing, I managed to hit excellent clears to the baseline. They were accurate and had a consistent flight path. Light nature of the racket allowed for the use of a fast swing.

Defensive lifts (from smash)

Being light, lifts and blocks were executed effortlessly.The isometric frame comes very handy here as a off centre hit will still generate a good clear.

Net pushes:
    Pushes were good and accurate..managed to direct most shots to the rear corners of the court..

Net taps:

With the racket being very light, taps were very easy both on the forehand and backhand. In fact, managed to do backhand taps which I could not do before due to my previous racket being heavier.

Half-court smash:
    Smashes were not as smooth as my previous racket. As usual, wrist snap and arm swing is necessary for a good smash. Managed to get some smashes with my normal power. Accuracy is good though...

Rear-court smash:

Don't have the skill to try this shot but probably needs fast wrist action and fast swing to execute this shot.

Drop shots:

Drop shots were tight and accurate.

Backhand clear:

Managed to get some decent backhands due to the light nature of the racket, allowing whip of wrist and swing.

Net play:

Could execute tight cross court net shots..generally its good at the net

Price:

Yep, for 60 dollars, its much cheaper than a real Nanospeed..

Durability:
    Hasn't chipped so far but only because used for one game and no clashes suffered so far..

See how it lasts in the long run...

Comparison with Nanospeed 7000:

Can't compare cause I have never used a real yonex ns7000 before

Overall:
    For only 60 dollars, you can purchase this rather good racket..I like the overall feel and power of it..I gotta train more with it though..arm aches a little because of the stiffness...

I don't believe theres really nano technology involved in these racket but no matter...this racket is good enough for me..

14. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

My np7k whack the floor so hard and loud, luckly the floor smooth wood, also no spoil wahaha :p :cool: :rolleyes: :D when i clear i accidently whack the floor :eek:

15. daringkidz

This validates the durability of the racket....:p

16. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

Its duriable but to me its 6/10 but doesn't suit me. I'm a soft smasher. :( strung 21, at 1st very hard, after 5 mins became so soft that it makes the racket powerless. Nano user i recommend to strung higher.

17. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

nano

I strung it same tension as my usual one on all rackets - 23lbs.
    Sure, playing with 21-22lbs for a stiff frame racket is a bit too soft for
    crisp hitting, especially during clear and smash

CS

18. shutterbox

shutterbox Regular Member

May I noe if this racket has oval head or iso head?

19. other

other Regular Member

Student
    i would guess iso if its meant to resemble the yonex nanospeed

20. daringkidz

Yea..its has an isometric head..