YONEX ALL ENGLAND QUARTERFINALS to FINALS (15-3-2024 to 17-3-2024)

Discussion in '2024 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Mar 14, 2024.

1. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    Sure, and yet it’s already huge and salaries don’t depend on winning directly. If someone collected the data and had the video proof of the errors, even the NBA would have a problem.

2. thiwul

thiwul Regular Member

kristi is lucky facing si juki the quitter. if si juki does not quit, maybe he is the this year gray court all england champion

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  4. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
  5. wade

wade Regular Member

You mean in group stage right ?

6. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Then they would have no medal?

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Extremely rare not to meet seeded players before touching medal bracket. Might be in Group stage , they can avoid all the 3 top pairs you mentioned but they may have to cross one or two before touching Semis.

8. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    i think with a bit of luck on your side you can win AE, many winners won it but not really good in other tournaments. Example: Li Shifeng

9. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    hahaha either in group stage nor in playoff...

Fajar Rian need a lot of luck for Paris Olympic 2024 Gold... In terms of drawing, mental, preparation, etc.

Even in last year all england 2023 they could win it without having to battle the Top One from India and China MD... the only set they lost was vs. Kang/Seo.

One thing that I just realized now is that Bagas/Fikri could regret that they won't join the Spain Master 300 WT... because the point difference vs Liu/Ou rank 8 olympics point is not that much different... Bagas/Fikri only join Swiss Open 300 WT,,, whereas Liu/Ou won't join both swiss and spain master... Argh Why Bakri Why NOt going all out on the rest of tournament!!! (spain master is the last tournament I guess for Olympics point)... Maybe PBSI Indonesia have quota for how much the players able to join tournament... But if I were BaKRIE, I would all out join the tournament as much as I can to wrap the points,,,

10. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    ??? what do you mean ?

what I'm saying is that by not playing vs the "TOP 1 Pairs" from India, China, and Korea, then Fajar/Rian has a better chance for Olympics Medal 2024,,, we'll see.

But the thing about Fajar (esp.) is that he has "back injury/problem" after All England 2023 win... (interview with Badmintalk: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4oWj-LyXbg/?igsh=MThzMWU1cGlhd2hpNg== ) ,,, Fajar said: "not everyone know about this but I have problems with my back injury... Other people just understand/know that we are in "declining mode" after AE 2023 win without put much concern on the injury that I have, but I can understand that",,, quite a mature statement by Fajar

So I wish Fajar and Rian the best of health on Olympics 2024,,, they are one of our best hope to wrap medals.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Just watched Axelsen vs Ginting on that 18-18 Point. I believe umpire made the right decision. Not sure what Axelsen is waffling about. There is no way the racket past over the net. Its nice to see this goes Ginting way unlike the 2019 HK Open Final where he was faulted on that very last point ( which is also not a fault). If any the HK Open one looks worst than this and its still not even a fault - confirmed by Gill.

12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Racket did not pass the net but it touched the net. There are so many videos in youtube regarding this. Yesterday I watched one . If I have time I will search and share it here. Definitely, it was Axelsen's point but umpire could not have watched it with his eyes .

justiceforlcy likes this.
  13. whatsthecallUmp

whatsthecallUmp Regular Member

Racquet passed over the net prior to hitting shuttle. Specifically, the top of racquet head.

This was brought out in the officiating thread -- https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...erly-train-for-net-plays-such-as-this.191719/

If the shuttle was not struck by Ginting, it would have fallen in Axelsen-court.