Lee Jae Jin

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by cplee, Jul 14, 2005.

1. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    i cant read korean! :crying:

2. u-niCe

u-niCe Regular Member

I got Lee JaeJin and Jang JaeSung's signatures during the Singapore Open. :) They played their semi finals against Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen but lost, so they were kinda in a bad mood after the match. I showed them the korean words i wrote in my sketch book and they bowed. :) I passed them the book and they signed it. ^^ I also managed to get Lee Hyun Il's signature after he lost to Chen Hong in the semi finals. I went outside the stadium and saw the three Koreans waiting for the shuttle bus. I wanted to take pictures with them but they really seemed to be in a very bad mood, so i only managed to take a picture with Jang JaeSung.

I personally think Jang JaeSung is a better player, perhaps because he's more experienced. But, they make a really good doubles team. :)

Mm, I'll post his signature up later after uploading it.

3. u-niCe

u-niCe Regular Member

Here you go. :) Lee Jae Jin's signature.

[​IMG]

Please do not post this anywhere else without my permission. Thanks.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
  5. event

event Regular Member

Hi CPLee,

I hope you're not viewing the lack of ability to read Korean as a barrier to retrieving the photos I referred to. If you re-read the posting, you'll see that reading and typing isn't necessary. You just click on the last two links there..

http://www.koreabadminton.org/data_photo/129_photo.jpg
    http://www.koreabadminton.org/data_photo/130_photo.jpg

...and then once you've seen those two photos, just modify the address in the address bar to look at any of the other 80 photos using the numbers in the list:

4,129-30,230-1,302-5,642-6,746-50,766-70,980,1182-5,1205-1208,
    1247-8,1263-4,1271,1284-5,1293-5,1303-4,1318-27,1370-8,1409-10,
    1419,1424,1433,1442,1445-6,1449-52,1460,1475-1480

As for actually learning the language, that's a little different. I like Unice's idea of writing down some words in a sketch book and using them to elicit an autograph. If you happen to know any Chinese, there is a kind of shortcut to learning Korean that you may already know which is that somewhere in the neighbourhood of 80% of Korean words are derived from Chinese characters. Some of them are even pronounced in a way similar enough to be at least a mnemonic. While many Chinese expressions can be read by most Koreans, some, like pudonghwa (isn't that the word for Mandarin in Mandarin?) don't mean anything in Korean. On the other hand, a word for "signature" in Korean is "suhmyung" and telephone is "junhwagi" so you can likely guess what characters those are represented by.

Other than tricks, though, there isn't much I can do for you as this is a badminton forum and I am not fluent in the language myself. Good luck, though.

6. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    i cant seem to do it. no idead y. i click on the only english words i c n they send me to the home page. nvm, i'll try again.

thnx, u-nice for the signature.

ya, i know chinese. i suppose that does help a bit. i like yr idea of writting in the note book. so if i get a chance to meet him, i'll write a 'suhmyng' on a piece of paper n pass it to him. n, how do u say 'please'?

7. event

event Regular Member

That might work. On the other hand, hanmoon, or Chinese characters, are taught in school as a tertiary subject in middle school and a few years ago they stopped teaching it for a few years so a lot of young Koreans can read almost no Chinese. Career athletes, for their part, have a scaled-down curriculum, so to speak, when they are in school. Some rumours have it that some take no classes at all. I don't know whether that is true.

Anyway, using the similarity between the Chinese expressions and the Korean is one of the few shortcuts I know to actually learning the language. As for the word "suhmyung", it appears on official forms where a signature is needed, but people rarely say it. Instead they use the expression

"Sa-een hae joo-seh-yoh".

The first part is a rendering of the English "sign" and the rest roughly translates to "do it, please" but it is a polite expression.

Now, if you think he's cute, you could try telling him "muh-shiss-uh-yoh". He might be flattered.

See the attached picture for these expressions in the Korean script.

Attached Files:

8. event

event Regular Member

Don't click on anything except the link in my posting.

http://www.koreabadminton.org/data_photo/129_photo.jpg

After you click on the above link, your browser should come up with the photo in the window and the above link in the Address Bar. The next step is to simply type in the address bar to change the URL. Just erase the "129" and replace it with any of the other numbers in that list of numbers I posted. For example, erase "129" and replace it with "646" and you get this photo.

http://www.koreabadminton.org/data_photo/646_photo.jpg

9. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    thnx, event. i did it. i realize what the problem was already

10. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    pics of jae-jin

Attached Files:

11. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    ...blah blah blah

Attached Files:

12. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    try spot him...

Attached Files:

13. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    muah... muah...hehehe...

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
  14. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    Lee Jae Jin is so cute and he's also a nice guy... During indo open SF, me and my friend asked him for photograph... But before the pic was taken, two kids were asking him for autograph, he said to us something like "just a minute" and sign the kids' Tshirt first (that is so sweet)... Then he took some pics with me and my friend... After that we say 'thank you' in Korean (without planning it), and he laugh (the way he laugh is so cute)... I dunno whether we were saying it wrong or because it is funny:D , but he's really nice...

15. MeL'z

MeL'z Regular Member

you're absolutely correct!!:D Lee Jae Jin is so cute!! n yeah he's such a nice guy. After we said 'thank you' in Korean, why he laughed??:confused: maybe bcoz it surprised him or maybe the way we said it incorrect?:confused: but hahaha,, he's so cute:p i'm gonna ask to take a picture with him again one day, how about u?:confused: :D :D :D

16. cplee

cplee Regular Member

student
    i m soooooooooo definately going to take a pic with him if i get a chance. anyway, can u post the pic u took with him? man, u people r so lucky. i'll die if he even looks at me. :D

n how do u say "thank you" in korean?

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Kam Sa Hamida means thank you.

18. event

event Regular Member

Close. It's actually "Kam sa hamnida". You need that "n" sound, too.

A more personal way of saying "thank you" might be koh-ma-wuh-yoh (or kohmap-seumnida if you want to be a little more formal and less familiar)

19. kemana

kemana Regular Member

the only guy in yellow t shirt :D

20. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    cplee, you should take some pictures (plural, as many as you can will be better!)with him if you have a chance... He really looks better off-court! He and Lee Cheol Ho (MS player, still young i think) walked pass our seat (me and my friend's) several times when Lee Hyun Il was doing warm-up in the other side of the court, both of them were so cool... and believe me, you won't die if you see him:D , you don't have heart disease, do you? I believe you don't;) ...