My new weapon - apacs nanopower 7000 review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by crazy_smasher, Feb 20, 2005.

1. kingy

kingy Regular Member

Hie all. Was reading about more economical rackets such as those from Apacs. haha. The nanopower 7000 sounds like a good deal. Considering buying it since I just broke a Finnex racket. Also, anyone knows how much does the Apacs Armor Muscle Kevlar 120 cost? Seems like some prefer the stability of the armor muscle kevlar. Anyone comments about it?

2. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

The Nanopower 7000 is a rather decent racket at such a price..but you might have to get used to the stiff shaft though..

My arm seems to ache everytime I use it...must be my poor technique..

Anyway if you get it, post a review..:D

3. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

kevlar?

Got a model called "Apacs Armor Muscle Kevlar 120" out? Should be very new model coz never seen it. Anyway, not likely that it have kevlar in it.

Rgds

cs

4. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

For your info, the launch of APACS new racquet (in Malaysia) is much more faster than it mother company in China. I would recommended you to check their official web-site first before buying.

www.apacs-sports.com

5. kingy

kingy Regular Member

Oh I read about the Apacs Armor Muscle Kevlar 120 from an earlier post in this thread, on the first page by xtag.my. So was just wondering if anyone else tried it before and know the price from which shop. :D

Just a pasting from his post below:
    I still prefer the Apacs Armor Muscle Kevlar 120. The shaft seems to be more stable, maybe due to the extra coating of the kevlar at the shaft..and since its an Armour head..PLUS musle...its gives me the momentom I need..:D try it.. u might like it too.
    Also.. I am surprise at the great repulsion of the apacs 0.65mm I get ..( having the racket strung at 22lbs, 4 knots, with 3 lbs different for the mains and crosses). I must say that I am impressed. After playing it for a week.. I find that the tension of the string remained rather well..or maybe its the effect of the muscle frame.

6. Deric Chang

Deric Chang Regular Member

light but surprisingly powerful!!

i have been using the nanopower 7000 for 2 months now.... have always been using really heavy racquets ie mp23, 55 etc... when i switched to the np 7000, i had a tough time adjusting my swing which was too fast, missing the shuttle a lot.... but soon as i have adjusted, i find that i am quicker in anticipation, and i have also improved my strokes and net play a lot!!! and my smashes.... the weirdest part is, it is even more powerful and faster as i take the shuttle faster than b4. Another thing, I totally agree with crazy smasher that you need a higher tension for this racquet. I string mine up to 27lbs. FANTASTIC!!! I once tried the same racquet( my friends) strung to 22 lbs.... lousy feel. I am enjoying my badminton even more now and am looking to get another np 7000 as back up as there is a downer on this racquet, doesn't look very lasting, coss the paint chips easily..... but for RM120....ok laa... buy more just in case laa... :D

7. madman

madman Regular Member

Hi Deric, congratulations on discovering the latent beauty of the NP7000. I too discovered that I can play better with this racket most of the time after switching from a head heavy racket (MP100, AT800DF) when things were not going right for me in a game. My BG66 25lbs on this NP7000 snapped last week and I have restrung it using BG85 22lbs. Will try out his weekend and feedback how it feels like with 22lbs. I am not totally convinced with the suggestion that higher tensions will make this racket a better one.

8. meisme

meisme New Member

You have got to try it out yourself, I can definitely convinced you by saying here only.... tension below 25lbs, its like hitting tissue... 25lbs n 22lbs change, will cause you to have a big weird feeling....

9. baddynewbie

baddynewbie Regular Member

Student
    Anyone tried the apacs nano 7007 power, there aren't a lot of review on this racket