Music Book Room (Singapore)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Byro-Nenium, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    To those in Singapore who visit the various shops in Bras Basah, heres some interesting news for you. To the rest elsewhere, its an interesting story anyway. :D

Today i went down to the Music Book Room to string my Cab20. I didn't recognise the lady stringing. When I got the racket back, it had a paint chip at the 12 o'clock position. And the knots were in really weird places, at the 2/4 o'clock positions... :S

Don't get me wrong, the Music Book Room is 1 of the best places to string your racket, just make sure that its the stringer you recognise, i will continue to go there and string rackets in the future. But only with the trusted people. :D Just a little story to share... =)

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

music rm

Their stringing dropped a lot in quality, abt 2 yrs ago, i used to string there for very long, over 25 times then one day, i ask them to give some discount on bg66 since they sell $14 and other places $12-$13. They tell me $13. Then, 1 week later, they put the tag on the bg66 $16!!!!! Then they say yonex increase string by $2 lately, and then say they can give me $14, same as before. Then i check at ranking they never increase their $13 price , since when yonex increase price by $2 out of a sudden? anyway, i string my mp90 2 times there at 24 lbs, i seemed like 21lbs to me, most of the time the strings move more than last time. The old women and the younger women are supposed to be good strngers, but sometimes the other staff do, which is not recommended. Since then , i string at ranking, and their stringing are top notch so far. Just my experience.

rgs

cs