Which Yonex racket to be used as a flunky?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Matt, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi:

I am currently deciding if I should get a racket to be used as my flunky. If I do, I would like to get one which would be comparable to the Swing Power 900 SA. Budget range < $100 CDN.

Rackets I have in mind is:
    Iso 90 Light
    Iso 65 Light
    MP44
    MP66

Any others models one which could be possible?

2. Elmo18

Elmo18 Regular Member

HI Matt. Is the Swing Power 900 SA 674 mm in length? (the long one). I'm not sure if those other racquets you mentioned are also 'long' or maybe 10 mm shorter.

In that case, is there a possibility of getting a Ti-7 light? Although it probably isn't possible with 100 CDN. Although im sure there are bargains out there.

By the way, Log on to AOL. I didn't my racquet yet...but some other ones lol...

- Ilham

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi Elmo:

The Isometric Swing Power 900 series is long. I don't mind if the flunky is short because I've used my friends Isometric 60 Light for fun in the past and it was good - until the racket developed a crack!

I'm still at the UW, so I have no chat access until about 10pm when I get home.

Matt

4. Elmo18

Elmo18 Regular Member

Np.

So i got a genuine MP99 2U/G5 SP with me now, and what looks like a fake AT700, both strung at 23/25 lbs.

Both came from Indonesia, The MP99 was about $115 US dollars wiht string, etc, and the fake AT700 seemed like it was going for $20. I didn't ask a relative of mine to get me the fake one, but obviously, from the price, I knew it was fake lol

I played at University of Washington last night...and oh man...do i suck now..LOL...haven't played for awhile

- Ilham

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Should I make my appearance there and take them on ? :D

Well I'm still in search for a flunky - Force myself not to relay on technology in a racket for some practice and fun :)

#5 Matt, Oct 12, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  6. -696-

-696- Regular Member

Full-time student
    Please excuse my badminton ignorance but what's a flunky racket? lol

7. Elmo18

Elmo18 Regular Member

I would say a 'flunky' is a racquet you use to just practice playing with people just starting to play badminton, or just for fun. It is not intended for use on serious games, or tournaments. Something where you know (if say you were playing doubles with a relatively new person on your side) you will not break your new At700 in a clash...due to the other person's fault. So in this case, you would maybe whip out your flunky aluminum one... LOL

- Elmo ;)

8. Elmo18

Elmo18 Regular Member

Sorry my mistake matt. The Mp99 2u/G5 is strung at 25 and the fake AT700 is at 23.

I was like hm...that wasn't right, then I looked at the stringing, and only two knots, so its one piece stringing.

- Ilham

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Lol!! Not aluminum!!

Pretty much summed up what I ment by flunky - a basic racket used for practice.