HK Open 2005 Quarter-Final

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open ' started by badMania, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

candra's chinese name is chen jia liang (陈甲亮 )

just like

hendrawan (叶成万 )
    tony gunawan (吴俊明 )
    ??? hian (陈永贤 )
    susi susanti (黄莲香 )
    and many mores.....

there r all Chinese indonesian just like chinese malaysian. citizen of Indon/M'sia and chinese race.

2. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

i don't think so..let's say Angelique Wijaya (our tennis player..)
    she never get descendant from Chinese..
    how you explain that?..

3. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:mad: Let's stop this topic about the races and nationalities. Maybe some people really can't understand that.
    Let's update the score ...........

#123 alloh, Nov 4, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Malaysia don't have any import players. Who would want to play for Malaysia (besides Malaysians)? The best we can do is to hire foreign coaches to coach the Malaysians.

The term "Malay" is quite broad. There are Malays who originate from Sumatra, Jawa, Sulawesi etc. and from Malaysia itself. It's like saying you're "Chinese" but China is so big. Incidentally, the Malay language (and official Indonesian language) originates from the Riau islands (just south of Singapore).

5. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

sorry..but i can't see the chinese letter...
    well..let's just say that have difference culture between malay and indo
    (include about 'name')...
    wijaya or candra..or both of that?which one the chinese name..
    well..lets talk about the result...

6. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

i think u have language problem. that was what i tried to explain to u. ppl(mainly malay) from Padang (your province) came to malaysia (was called malaya at that time) and settled down in malaysia. these ppl were mainly malay in race. ok? clear now?

7. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

i got that..

i knew about that..
    he's 100% malay but malay-chinese
    he doesn't have muslim name...like hafiz,etc
    i got it..
    but i'm not really sure about wijaja or chandra, hendrawan are indo-chinese
    it's just like the other name of indo-origin people...
    thx for your explanation..

8. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    ffc, let's make this in a nutshell

Susi Susanti, Alan Budi Kusuma, Chandra Wijaya, Eng Hian are all orang cina, their etnic is Cina (Chinese), they are not from China, maybe their grandparents are from China. They are born and raised up in Indonesia. They learn Indonesian language, their lifestyle is Indonesian, all about Indonesia.

But after the former Indonesian President Suharto wants only one Indonesian identity in Indonesia, all orang cina (chinese etnic ppl in indonesia) have to change their names to indonesian names.

That's why Wang Lianxiang became Susi Susanti, Wei Renfang became Alan Budi Kusuma, Chen Jialiang became Chandra Wijaya, Liang Hailiang became Rudy Hartono. I don't know whether you know this fact, even though you're a Indonesian.

But the Malaysian government didn't impose such law, the orang cina still can keep their chinese names. Lee Chong Wei is born and raised up in Malaysia, his grandfather is from China, not him, so do Wong Choong Hann, Lee Wan Wah, Yap Kim Hock, etc. All of them studied in Malaysian schools, eat Malaysian food, drink Malaysian water, trained under Malaysian system, participated in Malaysian Under-18 Badminton Competition.

Although they are orang Cina, but they are Malaysian, not China people, they are Chinese-ETNIC Malaysia. I doubt your general knowledge. Nowadays, chinese-etnic people are spread all over the world.

It's just like, you can't say Thierry Henry is an African, he is a French, OK?

Or, when Pi Hongyan is married to a chinese-etnic french, they lived in France and their grandson became a world champion, would you say that her grandson is a French or Chinese?

Are you clear now, ffc?

#128 weeyet, Nov 4, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  9. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    ffc2002, I suggest you read more carefully the other posts, you would understand better.

To answer your last post (though you could find the answer by just re-reading properly previous posts) :

Candra Wijaya and Chen Jia Liang are the same person.

Candra Wijaya is his indonesian name.
    Chen Jia Liang is his chinese name.

As said before, in Indonesia Chinese-Indonesians use their indonesian name, this is why he uses Candra Wijaya as his name.

In Malaysia, it would have been the opposite.

I can't dare ask if things are clear now!... :rolleyes:

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    neither one is his "chinese" name.....they are both normal indonesian names. That is what other people have been saying, that the indo-chinese use indonesian names.

therefore both candra and wijaya are not chinese names

11. Phoebe_hsw

Phoebe_hsw Regular Member

i'm bleeding now.fainted~

chong wei is 100% malay,i think if he saw this ,he will also pengsan

12. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

chen jia liang = candra wijaya
    ye cheng wan = hendrawan
    huang lian xiang = susi susanti
    wu jun ming = tony gunawan
    and etc....

they don't use their chinese name in indonesia bcoz of your government that prohibits them from using. but everyone outside of the "tempurung" knows it. unlike in malaysia, we have the right to use our chinese name. clear now?

13. kinkikids

kinkikids New Member

normally i come here just to view results, but because i saw this fellow: ffc2002's reply, i think some clarification have to be made here, for our beloved buddy...

First of all, Malay is Malay, Chinese is Chinese. Dun simply mix this 2 together.

Secondly, Citizens from Malaysia are not ALL Malay. Malay is a biggest race in Malaysia. But the country doesnt belongs to them, alone!

Chinese in "Malaysia" is just like other chinese in "Singapore","Hong Kong","Taiwan" and "China", not to forget "Indonesia". There's nearly no difference betwen all these, accept some slangs and mother tongue. Besides Banana(ppl tat dunno mandarin), All Chinese knows how to speak at least cantonise/mandarin.

Now, is about naming. Chinese in Malaysia, they are all allowed to use chinese name, eg: wong ah kau. While in Indonesia, because of their country's policy, mejority of them uses Indonesia name. So those Wijaya, Sosanto, Gunawan and so, appear. But some they are sticked to their chinese name, eg: Lim Swee Ching(famous player during 80's).

get it? Please dun make the same mistakes again. I hate when my race being misunderstood as Malay! i believe other malaysia-chinese also!

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    if ffc does not understand by now, i doubt we can do more ...

to more important matters, where are the rest of the results?

15. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

thx

orang cina?..what is the difference between orang cina, chinese and chinese-indo?..
    the fact that all of them have a chinese name..i got it..
    but..the fact that noun :"susi susanti,alan budikusuma, candra wijaya"
    are came from China dictionary i didn't knew it..
    the fact : Wang Lianxiang, wei renfang, etc came from China dictionary..i knew it..
    that's why i'm so suprised that noun:susi susanti, alan budikusuma, candra wijaya are from china words..
    thx for explanation

16. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

becareful...

not pengsan but pingsan
    ha..ha..becareful with melayu words (if you didn't get it, ok..)

17. matt_att

matt_att Regular Member

FM

I think we should stop here, ffc is make fun of us ....... this is badminton forum, not for him ...... :mad:

18. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    odd you should say that.. she only took up WD recently.. i think she's feeling her age a bit.. fairly sure she's older than Nathan Robertson, she might even be 30.. i think. it may be more likely that she'd give up singles since she has young successor in elisabeth cann on the way, also after that england has two youngsters that should come on the scene in a couple of years. so tracey maybe looking at WD as a way of extending her career, adn her and nat munt seem to do okay...

interesting interesting..

Coops

19. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    I think ffc2002 needs to really understand the difference between nationality and race......

He can support Lin Dan all he wants but I don't think he needs to put down players from other countries mainly LCW.....FYI ffc2002, most of the great badminton players from Indonesia' origin is China...

Whether Lin Dan or LCW wins it is also the Chinese race that wins coz both of them are Chinese origin( if i am not mistaken, from the same province as well).....the difference is Lin Dan is representing China and LCW representing Malaysia.....If LCW's forefathers didin't take the boat and landed in Peninsula Malaya, who knows, LCW could be playing under the China flag.

As for coaches, if PBSI can't take care of their own coaches, wht do you expect them to do....starve to death in Indonesia? The 'great' Rexy went to England before coming to Malaysia....If he can improve the standard of the MD in Malaysia, why not....BAM is employing sparring partners from Indonesia right now coz a bunch of players just left...again this is Rexy's recommendation.....I don't see anything wrong in that...and fyi ffc2002, the only reason why Indonesians are going abroad to represent other nations is becoz PBSI cant take care of their welfare.....Its a free world so anyone can take in players from other countries...

Unlike the China players, those tht left the country is coz they couldn't maintain the high standards set or they are rejected by the China BA. But by no means bein rejected by the China BA means they are not world class....look at Pi Hong Yan, Yao Jie ........some of them are rejected coz they are not tall enuf.....

20. rollerbuzz

rollerbuzz Regular Member

this thread has turned into a what, debate thread? lol although im a fan of candra wijaya, this is getting out of hands.. the title of this thread is " Hong Kong Open, Quarter Finals?" .. lol so anyone with the latest score? kindly update for us. thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.