Ibbs Dvd

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Gollum, Apr 29, 2005.

1. White_trash

White_trash Regular Member

It rather heavily depends on what you mean by THE NEXT TIME. :rolleyes:
    Because currently the site seems dead. :(

2. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

I finally did receive my DVDs, and they threw in an additional videotape to make up for the delay. Now I only have to get a region-free DVD player... Sheesh, I thought they had NTSC versions of the DVDs.

3. White_trash

White_trash Regular Member

use a dvd-rom in your pc - they come region free all the way :D ;)

4. Derek S-H

Derek S-H Regular Member

Care Worker
    IBBS DVDs

Nobody's written anything about this subject for a while, but I thought I'd add my opinions in case anyone is thinking of purchasing the DVD set.
    Basically, it's fantastic! Lee is obviously a high class coach and excellent communicator, and he explains and demonstrates everything slowly and carefully.
    Yes, they are expensive as a set (£90 for 4 DVDs), but you aren't paying for the DVDs but for Lee's knowledge and expertise. This is like having a professional coach in your living room for as long as you want for a one-off fee - priceless!
    The picture quality is fine (some occasional picture noise due to the transfer, but nothing major) and the sound is variable but clear. It's only a two camera set up with mainly live sound (echoey in a large hall, as we all know) with a few overdubs for closeups of grip techniques.
    Some people have stated that they find the training "basic", but I feel that it's all relative. As someone who has never had formal training and has learnt the game fundamentally through observation, it's like starting all over again. And, if you get the basics right then everything else can follow.
    He has a holistic, almost spiritual, view regarding Badminton and Life, and I definitely feel like I've improved as a person since absorbing some of his personal philosphies.
    My game's improved too!
    Best Wishes
    Derek

5. LingDan

LingDan Regular Member

info@ibbs.tv
    ljbiba@hanmail.net

I have been trying to reach someone at this email address without any success. It is completely disappointing!

I have made a purchase of the full set DVD- 'Roots of Badminton' and have not received anything. Can i at least get some response to prove that this website is not a scam??

$$$ :crying:

6. Derek S-H

Derek S-H Regular Member

Care Worker
    They are NOT a scam, but they are slow!
    They waited until my debit card funds had cleared, then they sent the DVDs. It took just over two weeks. The postcode said "Milton Keynes", so they may come from the National Badminton Centre themselves.
    Why not try and contact them there and see if you get any joy?
    Good luck!
    Derek

7. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    IBBS Videos

Hi guys

The IBBS DVDS have nothing to do with Badminton England or the National Badminton Centre. So please don't contact them. Now that Lee Jae Bok is working with Badminton England he must be sensitive to any conflict of interest regarding the coaching he's doing for them and his private business affairs. He has put all his Badminton ( LIBA ) courses on hold and has handed over the running of ibbs for the duration of his contract with Badminton England. This change over is what is causing the break down in communication and delays with the dispatching of DVDs. I know that Lee is aware of these problems and hopefully the ibbs set up will be back on a better footing soon.

I worked with Lee on the filming and post production of the DVDs although I have no part in the running of the ibbs website or the sending off of DVDs. However, I have sent a few people here private messages to explain these things and have tried to help out where I can. I also try to contact Lee or Sunny when I see that people are unhappy.

Like I say, hopefully the operation will settle down and work a bit better until such times as Lee can take charge himself.

Skates

8. LingDan

LingDan Regular Member

Finally got my DVD last nite :p so its for real not scam.

Can't wait anymore immediately play the power smash clip and it was :eek: fantastic. Tink if finish watching the whole set my skill level definitely gonna shoot up further :D

Recommend all serious player it is a must have collection.

Thanks Steve (Skates) for the effort to liase with Lee and Sunny.

9. hprasad

hprasad Regular Member

IBBS DVDs-

Hi,
    I am living in Bahrain. I want to buy IBBS DVDs. I can't buy through http://www.ibbs.tv/ website, since it accepts only PayPal. PayPayl woul't accept business from Middle Eastern Countries.
    I mailed IBBS one month back asking different mode of payment. They did not reply my mail.
    Is there any one who wants to resell this DVD set to me? Hope I am not doing anything illegal by asking so.
    Please contact me xhari@rediffmail.com.
    Regds