Yonex merchandise stand

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by Jono Frog, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

dairy warehouse distribution
    hiya guys, thanks to those of you who recognised me working on the yonex racket / trainers stand next to block 4. sorry i didnt realise who you were - apart from those wearing the badminton central t-shirts. was a great week, got to watch some badmin as well as working hard! boy you fans are demanding!!

the other guy on the stand with me was ed who i play league badmin with and he is also on these forums.

who was it that asked me for the free t-shirt?

2. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    dude over here:D:D..............

3. Edd

Edd Regular Member

Yeah, it was hard work but good fun at the same time. It did have it's perks too ;) and no it wasn't free yonex stuff :rolleyes:

Ed

4. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    You guys tried any of the new stuff?

Im also very interested as to what these perks are?

Also how you get into working that stand?

I know Andy who worked on the stand, he was on the english coaches conference with me and also was the tutor on my level 1 coaching course.

He also talked me into spending £160 on a NS9K-X!

5. Edd

Edd Regular Member

Jon and I got to play test the Nano 9k. I think we were some of the first people in the UK to play with the racket :)

We got working on the stand as we are regular customers at Central Sports and as Chris would put it "badminton nuts".

Andy is a great guy, quite knowledgeable and really friendly. He spent 20 mins coaching a customer on overhead technique when it wasn't busy. How many coaches would do that for free? He also taught us a thing or two over the week. His kids were also at the AE working as scoreboard operators and court mops.

Ed

6. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    That cool.

I get all my stuff from Central Sports.
    I'll have to keep that in mind for next year! ;)

7. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

hi ed, how was the night out m8?

yeah was really hard work but ill defo do it again next year. such a laugh with the other guys and the customers were good to talk to.

im sure if you mention to chris in central - express an interest in working on the stand next year he may take you on. be warned tho - its not easy going all of the time alltho you do get to see some badmin.

as for the nano 9k, wouldnt buy one myself, way too head heavy. alltho my game is mainly smashing, i found it fantastic for that but as for control on drives and manouvering the racket it was hard work. think ill stick to my nano 8k and armortecs 800 offensive.

perks of the job? erm, early get ups, living off pot noodles all week and getting the flu at the end of it lol

8. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Im mainly a smash based player. Had a AT800OF and then bought a NS7K but found it too head light. Spoke to Andy on stand and said about moving to NS9K. Played a match monday with factiry strings and was ok but having it re-strung today.

You guys get much discount from central sports through working on stand?

Looking to progress my coaching at moment but any further involvment in Badminton would be great!

9. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

just realised youre from walsall. we are from nuneaton near coventry.

as for the 9k i found rear court play brilliant but at the level of league matches we play we arnt at the back all the time but rotating around one another constantly trying to set up that point winning shot so i need a racket thats going to suit my game all round. i dont need a racket to make me smash harder as my smash goes thru most ppl as it is so i need to retain the control.

when you say looking to progress youre coaching you mean you want coaching yourself? theres a few around birmingham way i think.

10. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    No, I am a level 1 Assistant coach at present and have signed up to take my level 2 in Feb/March. Although I think a bit of coaching for me wouldn't be a bad idea.

What standard do you play? At present I play for my clubs 2nd team with a few appearances for the 1st's when they are short.

11. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    You guys get the chance to test new stuff much then?

Was told that the stock of 9k's at AE was first batch into UK.

12. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

well we were lucky to test the 9k nano out, but apart from that no we dont test much.

level 1 coach. i was thinking of taking coaching courses.

i play mens 1st division 1, and also mens 2nd if they are short, ed was playing mens 1st but is now mens 2nd alltho he should be mens 1st so i guess we are about same as you in standard by the sound of it.

how long have you played? ive been playing for nearly 6 years, 3rd season in league.

13. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Picked my first racket up aged 10-11 and have played ever since. Wasn't really pushed or had any clubs to develop. Played all through school and had bit of coaching from one fo the teachers who used to be involved with England setup. Joined a few social clubs and developed a bit but im 23 now and wanted more of a challenge so I joined a League club last season and played 3/4 of last season. This is my first complete season playing league stuff.

14. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

i love playing league. makes all the training worthwhile, especially when you get good results and this season has defo been my best yet for results. have won 3/4 of my matches. have just added u to msn mate if u wanna talk on there.