fake AT800 that roused so much Controversy

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by LolAlan, Feb 27, 2006.

1. LolAlan

LolAlan Regular Member

Student
    Before anything, I'd like to say that I NOW recognize this racket as a fake and as an effect, it will not be sold.

Now, with that out of the way, people like cooler forces me to justify my character and I hope kwun will let this thread stand for a couple of days to get its deserved reading lol! TO be honest, I had NO IDEA that this racket was a fake. And although ignorance doesn't justify selling a fake racket, it certainly excuses me from blame. I was merely helping out a friend to sell his racket. He played on my school team last year and decided not to play badminton anymore. That is why initially I didn't have enough information and that's why I updated when I got the chance. It was a very well made fake indeed and YES even though I looked at the threads, learned to read the date codes, I didn't think this racket is a fake because I overlooked the fact that AT800s came out in 2004. MOREOVER, the fact that I posted out the serial number and date code without hesitation should in itself justify that I had no intention of selling a product if it is fake. I thank you hermant for emailing me questions this racket's authenticity.

All in all, I thank you, those of you such as outlah who had faith in my character. I think you can take pleasure in knowing that your faith was not nurtured in vain. And cooler, everyone acknowledges the eight-thousand something posts that you've made, but you were harsh in my prosecution. TO put it simply, you don't even know me!! Neither did you allow me to speak before piling on judgement! I'm sorry if I caused you to have a fit, once again let me reiterate that I too recognize now that this racket is a fake and have therefore ceased to sell it!!! I have just returned this racket to my friend along with the bad news.

I hope I've justified through my action that there's nothing wrong with my character. I play badminton, I love the sport, I compete in provincials and nationals, and I use two authentic AT700s. If I happen to sell again I am an honest seller and if anything a wiser seller because of this experience. Thx to all for listening .

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lolalan, i was just trying to represents 99.9% of members here that dunno know your credibility beforehand. If u had come out straight forward on the first or second posts saying that it wasn't your racket or u don't have the subject racket in possession, the suspicion would not had been compounded.

I had to be harsh because i dun want the bc marketplace turn into something like ebay where 90%+ of sellers sell fakes on misrepresentation. If you're the whipping boy for this showcase, maybe unfortunatley it was :D but i also suffered too from open critcism and ridicules for being nasty which i'm not in real life. However, i saw the needs and benefits and did what i did, it was logical to me:) Hmm, this does sound familar....

At the climax of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Spock nobly sacrifices himself in order to save the crew of the Enterprise from certain doom. He does so apparently in accordance with the dictates of his own logical calculation that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...

#2 cooler, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  3. hemants

hemants Regular Member

LolAlan,

You were very honest and up front with me in your email correspondance.

Your credibility is way up IMO.

But looking carefully at the order in which things happened in the THREAD, I can see how people who are suspicious may not give you the benefit of the doubt.

Don't worry about it - maybe be clear next time that you're selling for a friend. It may not have been obvious at the time that you should do that but I hope now you realize that it is fairly important.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi LolAlan,
    Cooler is a very nice member of our BF community. I am sorry you just hit a wrong note on his piano. I also believe you did not knowingly sell the fake racquet after this post. I also think you are a very responsible person. Let's forgive and forget. Why not drop a Pm to Cooler for a friendly game when you drop by Calgory. All the Canadian I know are nice people. Ah?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No hard feeling guys.

I believe both parties tried their best to be honest, and are for the good of the community. Let's just focus on the issue itself, and no more finger pointing. ;)

6. LolAlan

LolAlan Regular Member

Student
    Thank you all for being so understanding! And yeah, I would love to have friendly games with you if we meet, that's such a pleasant idea! I only wonder when the opportunity will come. Or if you guys pass by Toronto on your way to Montreal or something, you could always give me a shout and I'd invite you all to play in the nice badminton court in my condo! Thats for sure.

7. Natrificial

Natrificial Regular Member

Articling Student
    holy cow... u have a court in your condo? can i live with u?

8. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

me too me too!! :D

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i did overlook one aspect of the debate tho,
    someone with lol attached to their nic can't be that bad :D

10. LolAlan

LolAlan Regular Member

Student
    LoL!

Live with me? lol...you're not the first to ask... *sigh* i guess i'll have to make room for a couple more of you...

On a more serious note, come play with me sometime.

11. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    where are u exactly?...i live in toronto...maybe we can meet sometimes :D ...i'l bring along some friends too :D

12. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

i love that movie

13. LolAlan

LolAlan Regular Member

Student
    I live in the condos by Scarborough Town Centre. If you are interested in coming, then you can always talk to me about specifics at li.alan@gmail.com