Racket Prices in China

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Green72(CAN), Mar 21, 2006.

1. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

I will be going to China soon, and I'm thinking of buying some rackets there. Does anyone know how prices of the following rackets (and just rackets in general) in China compared to those in Canada? I'm in Vancouver, BC right now.

Yonex Armortec 800 DF
    Yonex Muscle Power 99
    Yonex Nanospeed 8000

Also, how cautious should I be about fake rackets? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The fake problem is a lot of worth in CHN, as well as in many asian nations. Make sure go to reputable stores, such as www.bbesports.com to purchase. If a store owner present you an "unbelievable" deal, same RMB 200 for top of the line Yonex racket, don't ever think you hit the jackpot. 99.999999999999% is a fake.

Besides the fake, you still need to think some issues such as shipping (in theory, air line NOT allow hand carry rackets.) and warranty.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Exactly.

You will never hit jackpot in China because "you are the jackpot" in their eyes :rolleyes:

4. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    Its not just China its more like the whole region. Went back to Vietnam 2 years ago for a holiday decided to check out the racquets. $20 for a Armourtec 800, Mp99, Cab20, Cab8 (lol when I saw that) all had the same feel, stiffness, weight, grooves were'nt correct in the high end models, etc only difference was the paint job (all the stores were like this) I believe out of the 5 or 6 shops I went I only saw one racquet that was not fake and that was a bit above the standard price it was a MP99.

Picked up a fake Cab20 friends bro uses it I believe, havent seen it in ages =P

5. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    If your heading to China for badminton goods I would suggest buying some nice threads. Odds are they are made there in the first place and its a damn sight cheaper! Kinda regret not buying more badminton clothes while I was gone =P

6. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Just think about via Hong Kong.

BBE has wider choice than Hong Kong's normal retailers, it's member price is similar as Hong Kong's retailing price, but BBE only has a few stores in China.

If you buy real Wilson, Yonex stuff inside China, but other than BBE, it's price would be at least 30% higher than Hong Kong's price.

7. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

Do you know in which Cities BBE is located? Are there other reputable stores and where are those located? Thanks again.

8. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Shanshui, Beijing and Shenzhen

9. layala

layala Regular Member

BBEsports is ok but they're more and more arrogant and the price is higher and higher compared with other retailors. There's a store in Beijing called Yuyang sports (www.yuyangsports.com) which is way better than bbe and the owner is very honest. Some friends recommended some other stores but I cannot recall their names.

10. [Massey SS]Dong

[Massey SS]Dong Regular Member

if you really want buy fake racket then at least buy a "decent" fake one... -.- while if you are already at the advance level in badminton. Then better get a real one.