Wondering if NS8000 is too light for me?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hemants, Mar 25, 2006.

1. hemants

hemants Regular Member

I've been using my NS8000 for a few sessions now. I end up getting tennis elbow and pain in my rotator cuff. I wonder if my technique will eventually adjust or if this racquet is just not right for me?

Anyone go through this and have it correct itself?

2. rsxess

rsxess Regular Member

student
    yeap it happens to me.. end up using ti 10...

3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Me too

I also had problems but not my elbow. It is my rotator cuff. Perhaps I'm so used to head heavy or balanced racquets. Surely need to adjust to our swing technique for head light racquet but the question is how long will it take and is the change in swing technique worth it?

4. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

If you have been using head-heavy rackets for most of you playing years then adjusting to the ns8000 may take a long time.

I had a sore shoulder for the first few times I used this racket.....I worked on my swing to put more wrist into it and now I do not get any soreness in any joints.

It could be that the racket is unsuitable for you.:(

Add some lead tape to the head to give it more weight and see if that helps....some people here have tried it and say it helps, by making the racket with more weight in the head.

I have to admit it has taken a while for me to adjust to the ns8k.....3 months and i am still have not fully adjusted, but already find I like it better than previous rackets i have had.