China Vs Ina "duel"

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by indra, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

And what are you gonna say when he lose to LD? Still the same old injury excuse right?:p Oh hang on, now I get it.... what if he is lucky and LD is injured? You will be saying that an injured TH beat LD outta his s. Right? Nice try kid.

Btw its time for you to get ready for school now.:D

2. indra

indra Regular Member

I am trying to make reasonable excuses on why Taufik lost.

I guess you are not being realistic in judging Taufik. :D

You should compare apples to apples...you can't just compare fit players with injured players...:confused:

School...I have just finished my school an hour ago.:D

3. y0ng

y0ng Regular Member

Engineer
    Hei..., please respect other's feeling.

4. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Yes I agree that (and also believe) that he is injured. However being on an injury shouldn't he be humble enough to NOT challenge the world's top players in the media ? If he challenges the players he should not give the injury excuse if he loses. I agree his appreance will give big influence to the team spirit, but the way he challenges the media is just a very smart move in my opinion, such a way that he will get out of it both ways, no matter winning or losing.

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    where do u get that result (twice they were beaten 5-0) :D....

rember betwen 1994 - 2002 indonesia win thomas cup

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

How about TH's losing from Malaysia's LCW in Jaipur TUC Qualification last February?Was he injured at that moment?OR our 'super-duper' TH out of his mood OR he wasn't well prepared after his marriage OR as usual you can making any reason for this case?!As I know, TH only won 2 tournamnets in 2005 with his lack participation (6 tourneys). After Anaheim WBC-05 he never reach satisfaction achievements until now.Maybe he wants to becoming 'VVIP' (very very important player) with his 'exclusive attendance' (whatever he will win or lose) and his controversial statement. For this matter, he do it again! Undoubtedly, he is a 'public-attention maker' number one, Well done!

7. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

Hei...., I did.

8. Lionel

Lionel Regular Member

eh...actually...i think tat....we should jus stop this....i dont think that discussing bout taufik wil do us any good....jus let the result show itself...personally...i feel that...even thought if u are injured once u lose u lose...no one's goin to care u r injured or not...also im quite tired n annoyed by this taufik excuses everytime...but i feel that he should jus play n let us see wat he can do...lets stop this and jus wait n see the match between him and LD...should we??

9. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

I’m not sure whether one should get too annoyed with Taufik’s so-called excuses. These could easily be words coming out not from Taufik’s mouth but played up or twisted by the sports writers to gain readership.

Anyway we need colourful players like him (are there any in badminton apart from him?) to spice up the badminton scene. Remember John McEnroe. A lot of people did not like him at that time because of his constant outbursts, boastfulness, self centeredness, taunting opponents, etc. What happened when he retired? People actually wanted him back because of the “excitement” that he created. Compare to McEnroe, Taufik is almost an angel. Hate him or like him, he is still a great player, one cool player.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have stated many times that I personally also dislike Taufik.

However, the fact is, he wins the tournaments that matters. Full stop.
    Despite his lack of tournaments, he has shown that when he wants to win, he will really put his very best.

He beat Boonsak Ponsana, Kenneth Jonassen, Lee Chong Wei, and Lin Dan en-route to the winning the title. If you don't call that a world class performance, then what is the benchmark of a world class performance?

There's nothing shameful about losing to Lee Hyun Il and I don't think Taufik himself cares so much about his defeat. Everyone knows that he's still injured and has yet to adjust to the new system.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...am I missing something....but I have never read any report about Taufik challenging Lee Hyun Il or any top players and boasted that he WILL WIN every match. He did mention that he will try his best to bring the cup back and does not fear anyone. Winning and losing are common in sports....and losing to a top player such as Lee Hyun Il is never shameful. I had earlier predicted that Lee will win in straight sets. Seeing Taufik manages to steal a set despite his injury was quite a surprise to me.

#31 badMania, May 2, 2006
    Last edited: May 2, 2006
  12. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

In my opinion Taufik is a player who can accept his loss with ease & relax. He does not need to make excuse but sometime he just need to answer question.
    How many times after losing to another player, Taufik was asked whether he lose on purpose or not. It's interesting to note that Taufik answer to such question was: "Saya memang benar-benar kalah (or saya memang kalah beneran)." (meaning: "I was indeed lose"). This was the case when TH lose to Simon in Indo open 05, and this was also the case after LHI beat him the other day.
    And the next question would be, "Why you lose, then?"
    So the 'excuse' is simply an answer to journalist's question.

An honest observation comes from Lee Chong Wei.
    "“Taufik was slower and seemed very cautious with his game and I am convinced now that his performances had been affected by a back injury.” (The Star)
    Also from Misbun Sidek. "“He does not look fit. It will be tough for him against China.” (The Star). Indeed, Taufik had a back injury, that's a fact.

See, while Taufik can accept his loss with ease and relax, sometimes his fans, the journalists and sometimes even his opponet can't do that. Lol.
    I was amused to read so many speculation around here in this board when LHI beat TH the other day. "That's INA's strategy... bla bla bla." :D Imagine! Even they seem hard to accept that this time TH indeed lose to LHI!

#32 Ningtyas, May 2, 2006
    Last edited: May 2, 2006
  13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I guess this would silence the "anti-Taufik" band. Indeed, I recalled when he lost to Simon, he said (on record) that Simon played better on that day....which is a fair statement. Of course, ppl then speculated whether or not its a ploy by PBSI to let Simon win...bla bla bla....

14. bugjan72

bugjan72 Regular Member

Consultant
    Based on ranking China is much more better than INA BUT TC always give unpredictable results. People always see from track record, ranking and all those parameters. If we talk about individual tournaments, I agree we shall use those parameters but in the team event, one parameter should be added; team spirit.
    Who can predict that INA can wipe out CHN 3-0 in TC 2000? Based on ranking CHN was superior than INA
    Who can predict that MAS can beat CHN in their home ground in TC 2002? Hafiz beat Bao Chun Lai...

Rexy Mainaky (Malaysia men's double coach) said 'Throw away all track records and ranking, this is team event anything is possible'

15. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

Me too, really feel like :D , some even give him the best actor reward, wat a joke!

16. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I 100% agree. Team spirit is so important in these events. I think team spiritwise China is the stronger one. :D

17. alloh

alloh Regular Member

You know, for Indonesian, they can't accept that TH can lose to anyone. For them, TH is undefected and TH is the GOD (after Allah) for them.
    If TH lose, their excuse is TH lose for purposely.
    Really don't know why they are educated like that? :confused:

18. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Simply untrue.
    If you do not know, your post is highly offensive to Indonesians and to muslims. I guess this thread will be locked because of you.

That's too bad.

19. bugjan72

bugjan72 Regular Member

Consultant

It is not fair if you wrote like that in this forum.

Are you Indonesian Education Minister? Are you sure that Indonesians were educated like you accused. Get the facts right before you wrote, dude.
    Read newspaper, TH clearly stated that he really lost to LHI.That's it.

20. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Simply untrue.
    If you do not know, your post is highly offensive to Indonesians and to muslims. I guess this thread will be closed because of you.

That's too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.