Day 7 : TC semi 1 : CHINA vs INDONESIA (May 5, 1pm)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by kwun, May 3, 2006.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

PBSI will probably point to the fact that they reached the semi finals of the TC. In fact, looking deeper into it, you'll find it's an illusion. INA performed poorly. The only reason INA beat Korea was because they are blooding young talent, which will probably bear fruit in 2 years time in Jakarta. Is it time to end the Sony/Simon experiment? They have shown very little at the crunch and are way off in their world rankings. The singles cupboard is bare, bare to the extreme. In doubles, they now have to say goodbye to Chandra/Sigit. Looks like Alven/Luluk and Markis/Hendra will carry the torch into the next TC. At least in doubles they have a couple of pairs with potential. Once up against one of the big 4 countries, they crumbled badly. Their vaunted fighting spirit is in tatters.

You are right in that 2 years is not long enough to mould a team remotely
    able to challenge the world powers. Hence they should accept this reality and let their up and comers gain the experience they so badly need. Today I am sad for the state of Indonesian badminton.

2. alloh

alloh Regular Member

The most poor performance is Taufik Hidayat. He only won 1 match and lost all the matches.
    Second is Candra/Sigit. They have personnel issue on each other.

3. indra

indra Regular Member

Wow!!! Finally !!!

Anyway that's OK. Ina will pay back in 2008:D
    Congratulations to China Team. Yes..I admit China Team is very powerful and superb.!!! No shame at all losing to the Great Wall of China:)

Regarding TH's loss...I am very sad ...I guess now he should concentrate on his recovery process. ANyway, we still have the WC in Madrid. Hopefully, he will have been recovered by then....:) Focus and I hope Lindan will not get injured as I really want to see the rematch between them when they are both fit:D .

To PBSI...It is time for PBSI to recruit more young potential players and send them to international competitions more often.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe, the funny thing is, look at Denmark, they are 1 of the top 4 nations still fielding and playing the aging Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgard Hansen and our own Jonas Rasmussen/Lars Paaske...:confused: :rolleyes:

5. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

I think Taufik is a player who "tahu benar mengukur dirinya." As for AE 2006, he knew that he's not that prepared to play, because when he plays he wanted to win. "Daripada hasilnya tidak maksimal, lebih baik tidak berangkat." That's what he said.

That's also the case with TC. If this is an individual event, he would not have played at all. There was a row (in the media) between TH and PBSI about TC preparation and TH's injury. PBSI complain that TH did not realize how important his role in the TC. Meanwhile Taufik complain that PBSI ignored his injury and took it lightly. Even Agum Gumelar seem a bit surprised when he learnt that Taufik skipped practising, (which Taufik said it's due to his injury).

Now about his injury. I believe that TH's injury is a real thing, it's a recuring injury, TH got that waist injury on 2000. What dissappointed PBSI was how TH deal with it. For example, he did not follow all advice from the physician who treated him.
    I watch a TV program (am not sure whether it Kabar-Kabari, Cek&Ricek or other), and it show an interview with TH and his wife Ami. It is said that because of this injury, TH was forced to use a separate bed from his wife, because he had to use a different bed ("kasur yang keras"). Also (I did not really understand this) but it is also mentioned that because of this injury
    or the treatment there is a possibility that TH won't be able to have children (???). When Ami asked about this, she said, "sejujurnya panik," but then she hope for the best because TH was treated well by his doctor.

Ops sorry ctjcad, I guess I am 'ngelantur'.
    Personally I did not like Taufik, but hey, he made me so happy when he won that Olympic Gold.
    I guess even some of PBSI official do not like him either, but what can we say, he is still needed. I hope he would fulfil his promise on Madrid.

You haven't seen Simon playing? He's excellent when he plays his best (which is rare). He beat TH on IO 2005, he beat LCW on the last SEA GAMES.
    In a way he plays like Taufik, I mean he plays it beautifully and very interesting to watch.
    I personally never see Chen Jin play, but with his current achievement I guess it would be an interesting to see Chen Jin Simon play each other! Damn, we have to wait longer...

With regard to PBSI, I hope they change Sutiyoso soon. He is bad for our badminton. When will he leave?

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

We have to remember that European players tend peak later and have more longevity in general.

7. SImplelenna

SImplelenna Regular Member

Well,i agree w you, Bao always like that,if in team he could done the job but if not i predict he never won,always became finalist:)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Indra, where were you when needed most in here during the tie..I noticed you were one of a few(along with taufik-ist i believe) that predicted a win for Taufik and the INA squad??..hehehe;) :rolleyes:

Anyways, IMO, PBSI need to do and commit to the latter instead of the former in your post. They've already recruited enough young talents and stored them. But what happened now? Some have ran away(incl. one Tommy Sugiarto)..They need to refocus their goal and mission as a well-known badminton organization..Seemed like the past 2 yrs. they've been regressing rather than progressing-as prove by today's result..:p

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

sorry Ningtyas if i keep on replying to your post..
    Yes, i've heard and read all that from various sources in the Indonesian media and not surprised at all. From what i can summarized, i don't think Taufik was prepared for this TC at all. Yes, i believe his current injury is real and he had it before. But i was referring to him saying (during last yr's WC here in the U.S.) that his next goal will be the 2006 All England(which he missed with an injury) and i believe the ABC(i was actually the one doing the translation for him during the press conference when a reporter asked him abt what is his next plan)...But what happened, he didn't go to ABC last year nor the AE, even after he said he will...So, after that, i guess we can't really "guarantee" his words..
    About what's going on with PBSI and Taufik prior to this TC, i don't really know firsthand or the real details and going ons. All i know was that, he injured himself right around the AE event, and never really recovered from that, which then he had to cancelled and then a few weeks later had to get married just before the QF round in India...
    Yes, I read something similar also abt Taufik's treatment and how most likely he could become impotent. Did not know abt the other details which you mentioned.
    it's ok...yah, i hope he will attend this yr's WC, just so he can have a chance to defend his title(as not many players have a chance to do so since prior, the WC was held every 2 yrs). But i also know/read in the forum that Taufik plans to play at least til 2008(Olympic in China). So there's still a possibility of him participating in the next TC. But even then, i don't think we can bank anything he said to come as fruition..:p :rolleyes:
    Yah, never seen him(and Chen Jin) play-expecting to in the Semis. The victory he won over Taufik in the recent IO, i think Taufik gave it to him. Heard the same thing also abt Simon. I actually met and talked with coach Mulyo, coach Joko and coach Christian last yr. during the WC and all said Simon's technique is quite similar to Taufik, probably even better than him..:) Just lacking in experience and mental strength..:rolleyes:
    hmm, i wonder what will the people start calling for Sutiyoso now after this TC finish??..:rolleyes: :p

#669 ctjcad, May 5, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic:
    I kinda see that, but do you what is/are the main reason(s) for their(Danes) longevity??....I mean they play the same amt of tournaments and games as the rest of the IBF top players and IMO have the same technique and probably the same training routine as the other IBF players..And i don't think it necessaily pertains to European players only (see Zhang Ning who is 31 this yr and still going strong, Tony Gunawan who still plays competitively)..I don't know, maybe our JR can explain and give insights to this, but I think for the Danes' case, it's a matter of they just don't have a reliable young pairs to field yet...
    anyways, i think i'll just end it at that..:p :rolleyes:

11. ochan

ochan Regular Member

student
    i'm so sad that Indonesia was lost:crying:. and I can't watch the match coz i'm still at school:crying:

12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Yep, Bao trailing 6-15 in second set then later win 24-22.

This is the first time I saw it. Usually if you lost with a margin of 9 points, its practically over. Even if you can catch up the point later, you probably will made some mistakes that cost you point too.

In this match since 6-15, Bao only give 7 points to Sonny and gain a huge 18 points. Amazing! Not to mention both of them had the same skill level.

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

2 years ago when Indo lost in SF, the PBSI head Chairul tanjung retired. Now after we lost in Japan, will Sutiyoso retired?

Probably not. He already made excuses with Indonesia traget is only SF.

2 years ago PBSI also said we will had Thomas Cup agai in 2006 but what happen?

Practically we didn't had any improvement or even new faces in MS. In MD, we only had Markis/Kido.

Only when the tournament approach like this March, PBSI strated busy with special program training with the players. Too late!

Come on!!

Even Chinese Taipei girl already in special camp training in January 2006 for Uber Cup team. The result: they reach SF by beating Korea.

If PBSI wanted seriously to hold the cUp again, the preparation should be started now. By really fielding talented young new players.

Example: PBSI probably made Tomy Sugiarto leave just because the officials didn't like his father,Icuk Sugiarto told all the truth about them in front of press.

But I am really pessimistic things will change if they didn't changed most of the officials.

14. cliffy

cliffy Regular Member

wow you have flown in those things before.. :eek: then i should call u big brother... kekekeke...

15. cindie

cindie Regular Member

I've read some online news.. I'm impressed at how humble the Indonesian players and teams are. They lost and they admit it's their own weaknesses. It's good. Truly salute their sportmanships. I just dislike when players if they lose, they blame it on the wind in the stadium. :rolleyes:

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...Markis Kido is one person...not a pair :D Its Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan. Contrary to your pessimism, I think we do have some potential in MD. Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi should be ready to step up given that they have had enough experience at the Satelitte and lower ranked tournaments. They are currently ranked 25th and with Candra/Sigit's retirement, we will definitely see them competing in the top tournaments.

Similarly, there are 2-3 other pairs below them such as Yoga Ugikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, Rendra Wijaya/Frans Kurniawan, Bona Septano/Mohd Akshan. Yoga/Yonathan have their fair share of tournaments this year and they are starting to impress.

17. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I just wonder why we don't have the same depth in MS...

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Because for the past 2 years, we have been too dependent on Taufik. However, things start to look better now. Tommy Sugiarto had just won 2 recent Satelitte tournaments, beating senior players such Jeffer Rosobin, Ronald Susilo and Agus Hariyanto along the way. His ranking is already better than Markus Wijanu and should continue to rise to at least top 40-50 by end of the year.

Similarly, Alamsyah Yunus and Andre Kurniawan have also started to compete in the Satelitte tournaments. We will see them in the Indonesia Open and JPGG Surabaya Satelitte for sure.

19. indra

indra Regular Member

I was watching live on TV....I was expecting a very tight fight between TH and LD...Unfortunately ...he is really and seriously ill and Taufik had difficulty when he had to take the dropshots (he could not bow down perfectly)...Anyway...I respect TH for participating in TC although he suffered 5 losses of 7 matches he played....:)

LD was brilliant
    Cay/Fu are superb
    Bao Chunlai was also great

Overall...China was better than Ina at this time....:)

Anyway...LYB...watch out and we will pay back our loss yesterday in 2008:D

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

indra, glad you are very enthusiastic and optimistic...;) however, i will believe it will happen, once i see some signs and real proofs PBSI is indeed going to change its ways, starting after this disappointed result..:rolleyes: