Opinions on people who use fake racquets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Brydhadayre, May 11, 2006.

1. eizmed

eizmed Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi man,

Of course you'll be bored with this forum so quickly, you fired off so many messages in such a short space of time all in the same thread... this one.

Some things are good in moderation. But for me, I never get bored of talking about, or playing badminton.

If you get bored of things in a few days, there must be some unknown wonderous things that are happenening in Newcastle apart from the Newcastle Knigts, Uni and Steel.:p

If you don't like this forum, can always try another.... :D

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Identical in look, and crap in quality = fake. ;)

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Equipment warranty

Depending on the country that you are in and also on the distributors, warranty are sometimes offered. In N. America (Canada & USA), by default, there is consumer warranty on defects but the manufacturer (actually distributor) do offer warranty. E.g. I believed that Yonex's is 6 months and so is Winex. Sotx offers 400days if I recall correctly.

I would assume that this is also valid in Australia, NZ, and various European countries. In some parts of Asia, no warranty is offered (e.g. Thailand, Brunei, Indonesia). Please note that is probably one reason why the same racquets are cheaper in these countries.

As for being able to assess whether the breakage occurred due to defects or clashes, there are equipment in the factory which can help provide clues. For example, if the breakage occurs at the 2, 4, 8 and 10 o'clock positions, it is most likely a bad stringing job.

Hope this help. There are actually folks on the forum who have returned their broken racquets and gotten replacements. Just have to do a search. :D

4. sky racket

sky racket Regular Member

5. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    Well, at least if an authentic racket does break and hurt someone, you have a company to blame or even sue :D

6. sky racket

sky racket Regular Member

nice one. you've got a point there.:) but i guess my point was, authentic or fake, both are just as capable of breaking and doing damage. but i was referring to the thread that a player got killed, not just hurt. i doubt someone would go into so much trouble just to sue if they weren't badly hurt.:) & you may have a company to sue, but still damage was done. no amount of blaming or sueing could bring back a person to life...