Taufik Has Returned

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by indra, Jun 4, 2006.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

All players....beware of Taufik Hidayat....He has returned from his slumber...

Although he was not fit 100%...he could demolish Bao...I can't imagine when he is 100% fit:D . I am very happy to see TH win and defeat Bao.....

I guess. he will repeat his success in SO....OK..If many think that TH success was due to the help of the line judge...let's prove it in the big 8 in SO.

If everything goes well, TH will meet again Bao in the big 8.

Watch out Lin Dan, PG, LCW, Bonsaak, Bao, Chen Hong, Chen Jin...who else?

2. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

I think you are exaggerating a little too much here. Taufik Hidyat played well but he did not demolished Bao Chunlai as the scores were close. Taufik Hidayat may have been injured a few months back but word has it too that Bao Chunlai is also suffering some injury.

Don't get me wrong; Taufik Hidayat is one of my favorite players while Bao isn't top on my list even though he [Bao] is a very solid player. But these bias comments from hard-core fanatics really annoy me.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well, it depends on how you take the meaning of 'demolished'. I think to BCL he probably felt 'demolished'.;)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Kancil has outwitted the Harimau!

So the kancil has really outfoxed the harimau! Unfortunately I had no chance to witness the chase. :D

And the story will repeat itself in the SO, where the kancil is the defending champion and is dearly loved by many. Taufik-ist should take note! ;)

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hey Loh, I hear Ronald Susilo is training very hard --- he wants to be SO champion !:rolleyes:

6. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I don't know about you but demolished to me has always meant "destroyed." Perhaps I don't know other analogous meanings to the word "demolished" so maybe you can enlighten me.

Regarding to the comment about Bao feeling demolished, I think he was rather upset due to the umpire over-ruling the line judge's decision.

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Tis OK --- I was feeling light-hearted today. Yes the line call was bad but he should not let it hurt his game. In any case, I felt Taufik was in control and would have won anyway. BCL would have to wait his turn.

8. yadi_susan

yadi_susan Regular Member

Hi All,

Take Notes:
    - If taufik gets back fit 100%, Lin Dan will be difficult to beat Taufik.
    - Taufik got a lot talent to become the legendary badminton player (All shot completed: Net is better, Defensive is better, Offensive is better, and Single Strategy is very better).
    - Taufik target now are World, All England, and Olimpic.
    - Djarum Indonesia Open Man Single Final: Taufik meet BCL. My analysis: Taufik not 100% fit, and BCL 100% fit (not injury). BCP Injury last time but in indonesia open is totally/Full recovery. Taufik injury at his back...It is dangerous...Very Risky...by his good motivation to win the compatation.....

Can you please let me know who player can won if his injury? It is good mentality for taufik..

Lin Dan also injury now but he want to rest and try recovery and not join at same open compatation.....

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

With supporters like you who needs enemies !

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sure, he has to if he still wants to don Singapore colours and match his fiancee, Singapore's no.1 table tennis queen and highly ranked in the world.

But i'm afraid he still hasn't broken his psychological barrier and I think he still finds it hard to beat even Kendrick Lee. It will be a great achievement for him if he managed to beat KBH. :D

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

KBH is still waking up from his nightmarish TC outing but is sure to give Ronald a 'smashing' lesson ! Ronald, don't quit your day job !;)

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Ronald's day job is playing badminton.

I think the loser will be devastated. Both players aren't playing that well, and both players have pressure to beat the opponent, because the opponent is supposedly not playing well.

13. moonsilk

moonsilk Regular Member

Student
    Yes,Ronald is training very hard everyday. He wants to do well!
    Given Ronald's experience on court,he has an edge over Kuan Beng Hong.But hope that Ronald's experience will give him an advantage over KBH in the 21 point system!
    *I'll cross my fingers*
    The home crowd will cheer all the way for Ronald!!!

#13 moonsilk, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If you are not fully fit (not enough stamina), you would prefer the 21-point system. So, I think Ronald will prefer that.

15. indra

indra Regular Member

IN SO...I guess...TH will win again....

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I understand Taufik is the defending champion of Singapore Open(and i saw him played there last yr), but personally, i doubt he will win and defend his title this yr..Why??because recent history has shown that Taufik does not have what it takes to win *back-to-back* tourney, considering he was going all out in this yr's IO..Last yr the same thing, he won at SO but then he bailed out last minute from Malaysia Open(right after the SO)..
    I will follow his progress though in this yr's SO, and he will probably meet BCL again in the QF; but i will be quite surprised if he even reach the Semis or Finals..:rolleyes: ;)

#16 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

we shall see if that proves to be true in the upcoming World Championship in Spain, which Taufik already mentioned in the recent Thomas Cup which he said "If LinDan wants to defeat him, he should do so when he's 100% healthy, not when he's injured"...
    Err, Taufik is *already* a World(2005) and Olympic(2004) Champions. He just need the All-England title..:rolleyes: ;)

18. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

well.. i really hope Taufik can win back-to-back titles although he's a little injure, tired... haha anyway, good luck man! :D i'll be there to witness ur victory!

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    'If' is a big assumption. It is rare for an top athlete to be 100% fit going into any competiton.

20. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    his smashes in the indonesia open are superb....