Taufik Has Returned

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by indra, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    To me, it is okay for fans to idolize a player that they really like and for whom they will give their everlasting support and defend till the end. These are the fans that add colour, entertainment and vibrancy to the event.

Also for those cheerleaders who support their respective teams. Please continue to do so if it makes your life a little happier at least for that moment. After all, this is entertainment and is supposed to be fun! So others should not feel overly offended.

But as with most things, don't go overboard to the extent of causing hurt, both physical and mental, to yourself and others. Fanatic soccer fans have been known to cause a lot of damage to both property and lives, many innocent ones including young children. Stampedes in stadiums resulting from rival gang fights, maybe initially sparked off by verbal insults, the throwing of missiles, etc, have been a bane to organisers and the police. Quite rightly, such trouble makers are banned from attending future events.

So there should be some restraint overall. Let the mind sober down a bit and then the senses will become clearer and respond to reason. Then less damage will result. :)

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It is ok to idolize (although I hate using the word idolize) a player, but in doing so, if it offends other fans or insults other players, then that is not cool at all.

3. kemana

kemana Regular Member

You should never insult anyone no matter if he/she is a player , or whether you are doing this for your IDOL

4. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I dont think anyone has insulted any other players... The 'demolished' he meant maybe isn't what u think... well, he's just not that third-person-viewing that it involves a Taufik-rules-badminton thinking in his every sentence.. U guys wanna try to take it as a joke... Hardcore fans do exist everywhere.. Where there is sport, there are fans...

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

For next stop--SO-06 :It's too premature to predict TH will defend his title there. On paper, his drawing on top-half draw is very tough -- meet BCL in QF;against PG in SF and vs CH/KJ in finale.We can over-expect to him because we don't know his condition certainly (he is in top-perform or not).Basically, one success in IndoOpen last Sunday can't judge that he is comeback to beat any shuttlers!Everything is possible happen including with INA's bdm hero TH. Meanwhile,there some news around TH below:
    - Mulyo Handoyo still in Cipayung. PBSI will keep MH as TH's coach.
    - Rumour in INA's infotainment/gossip tabloid said TH has one boy from the 'other woman' (not his wife).-->I don't know it's true or false.
    I guess TH's job not only as an athlete but also a celeb!

6. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

taufik n his wife are lovely together.. they kissed on court when taufik won the IO, I hope thats not true.. the rumour is gross.. urgh

7. silvia

silvia Regular Member

If Taufik really Demolished B.CH, then the linesman didnt need to "help" him at all, and nt only during BCH match, but during Chen yu's match as well.

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    yes, kancil has outfoxed the harimau. now he will face not only harimau but also other deadly animals :D

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    it's just one bad call in 21 scoring system :D, and it's argueable :D

taufik has skill or ability to win :D

10. silvia

silvia Regular Member

I dont deny that Taufik has the skill to win the match, but the bad call was done when the match is at 19 all, it can go to both ways.