Malaysia Open 2006: QUARTER-FINAL (16/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 15, 2006.

1. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Ah I see. Rasmussen is not exactly that bad. One thing is, Denmark does not have a very large production line of players when compared to many other countries.

2. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I like the way Cai/Fu play their game; very dynamic and good teamwork. But they do have some consistency problems especially Fu who can lose focus easily.

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    After seeing Gade in Singapore Open, I still find that Gade is simply one of the best in the world and is fully capable of beating and matching any other player in whichever way. He may lose every now and then, due to various contributing factors or a lack of form, but I would not rate any player as being better than him at all. He simply has so much flair and talent. Furthermore, at his level, it has become virtually impossible to try to differentiate who is better anymore because on the court, nobody will necessarily have any advantage over him and its down to their performance at that moment.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Quite some production though -- if you consider the fact that the city of Jakarta (for instance) has close to twice the population of the whole of Denmark... :p

And regarding Gade's age: people have been saying "too old" for years already. Yet he's still winning tournaments, so I don't see the problem. The only way to satisfy some people is to win everything, and of course nobody can do that anymore. :)

5. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Cannot agree more with you Mag :) .

6. nelle

nelle Regular Member

hehehe sorry coz i wrote in indonesian, i just give support for Indonesian Team, it means same as Mirrura's post, thx Mirrura for translating my shoutout :)

7. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Agreed!

I think Peter GADE's footwork the best out of everyone as it is so smooth and flawless which makes him appear to be dancing on court and enjoyable to watch. Even ZHAO JianHua commented that Peter GADE's footwork is simply amazing and admitted that ZHAO loves watching GADE "dancing around" on the court during match of Thomas Cup against LEE CHoong-Wei.

Old age & the knee surgury took major impact on his strength and speed (and maybe stamina too) but it is very impressive to see him and many other Denmark's players to continue performe into their 30s. I don't think I have seen any men's from other countries within the last decades to do this. I mean take a look at CHEN Hong; we can see that his old age is catching up with him already yet he is younger than GADE and without any surgery or major injury. Despite all those disadvantages, GADE is performing better than him being more consistent in many tournaments. Infact he is better (in terms of overall achievement) than most world-class players such as BAO ChunLai & LEE Huyn-Il, Hafiz, WCH.

#147 virusvoodoo, Jun 16, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  8. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

No, I am saying the MD...........
    Absence of Eriksen/Lundgaard and Boe/Mogensen.

#148 elwin81, Jun 16, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  9. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

I would like to see the match between CaiYun/FuHaiFeng and TeikChai/Zakry if any..................

10. David Chu

David Chu Regular Member

MO2006 Video

Does anybody have the Peter Gade vs Chen Jin match to share ?:confused:
    Also does anyone know if RTM 1 will be showing the action of the semi finals l"live" ?:rolleyes:

11. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    Fu/Cai have a bad record against malaysian players......

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Indeed, the footwork of Denmark MS players past and present allow them to be economical in energy mgmt. That's why they can maintain performance at an advanced age. Look at Morten Frost, Flemming Delfs, Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen and now Peter Gade, it's their common trait.

In comparison, MS players from China, Indonesia & Malaysia use up a good bit more energy. Therefore by 28, the performance level dips (except for those with extremely strong stamina & defence like Foo Kok Keong, Xiong Guobao). This has happened to Chen Hong & Xia Xuanze, WCH and Roslin.

13. maxwellian

maxwellian Regular Member

I beg to differ. Hendrawan became a great in his 30's.

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    I disagree, i am very disappointed but i'm glad they put up a good fight. Any videos with Chin Eei Hui/Wong Pei, will be greatly appreciated !

15. seeleegal

seeleegal Regular Member

:) :) totally agree! Bao Chun Lai really cant b compared with gade..according to what i saw in Singapore Open.It is not something about mentality..it is the skills that differenciate them..Don find excuses for Chinese player anymore!!

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

ignore this space

17. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Yeah!!! KKK/CCM defeated Cai/Fu in two sets !!! It was amazing!!

18. seeleegal

seeleegal Regular Member

TRUE...agree with Morton n Badmania.PG is the most consistent player i have ever seen.Age is not everything.As u can see,his performance says everything.If the same knee injury happened to Taufik or Lin Dan,they would need time to come back also.PG stopped for more than 1 year,not 1 month..guy..:D It is awesome enough for him to have such performance right now.And what i can see is that he is still full of skills and speed.being able to give us interesting match every time he faced Lin Dan.To me,Lin Dan is just like "PG during 1999 to 2001".When he reach the same age as PG now(30),where will b he?Who knows that..may b worse....at least PG is still world rank 3 right now..

19. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Yeah, I saw it. Cai/Fu were not playing well at all; they seem sloppy and not focused. They are going to get some scolding when they get home. :D

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    At the rate Lin Dan is going, maybe by 30 he might become a bit too Taufik-ish? Or some TV pundit or coach?