Malaysia Open 2006: FINAL (18/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

I agree with your pick.

2. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

In my opinion, LCW lacks that 'court charisma' that Lin, TH and Gade has while in court, I don't know why...

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, for the WS, surprised to see it's Tracey Hallam(upsetting XXF) vs. ZhangNing...:rolleyes:

4. streamyx

streamyx Regular Member

What is the match oder will be in the final. Will it the same as the Semi? Someone pls provide if u know the schedule..tq

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Did you people notice that LCW had been calm in his matches and not showing a lot of feelings ?

I think he has seen the head shrinker and he has put him in that 'mood' - relaxed and not nervous. It may be working for him.

When you are relaxed, you tend to make less errors. If Lin Dan beats LCW today, he is a champion but I think LCW will retain his title. Home ground does a lot for the player and I think Lin Dan would feel it today when he plays LCW.

I think the Chinese would be a despaired lot when they board the plane -- no titles (well maybe just the WS, if Tracy loses). It is just hard to fight the Malaysians in their kampungs!

:D

6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

aiyoh bro EastDevil ........ you are referring to TH ....... lol.

btw where got China star-players made sensation ? ......... all are quite, from Han Jian era, Sun Jun era till now Lin Dan era ........ all are quite mah ..... once talk too much then it will be sacked out .......

You may rude in the court coz it's yours ........

I wished to see a player as like Poul Eric who ever made badminton a different game or Iie Sumirat who always jump as like a kid if win the game ...... this very rare ...... very entertain .....

7. shanepaul86

shanepaul86 Regular Member

student
    I don't hate Lin Dan but i dislike the way he makes me feel he is very arrogant in court. Anyway, i still enjoy his skill and ability in the court.

8. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I think is his way of playing make other player feel stress when playing with him.But no doubt, he is indeed a very good player and do no why,i feel he is a very special player.Maybe some will dislike him,but still he still have a lot of supporters.

9. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    Everybody have their own observation eventhough have their own feel about the players they like or dislike.
    Lin Dan made you felt that he is arrogant in court, how about our Malaysia players like Choong Tang Fook and Koo Kien Kiat? Are they very "humble" when they showed their fist to the opponent and their attitude in court???

On the other hand, don't you think our Malaysia players ONLY can performance at home crowd? Just look back their performance in Indonesia & Singapore Open recently?

Of course, we can't judge the players just by no performance in one or two tournaments BUT "History & Result" seems like showing that Malaysia squad always is "JUARA KAMPUNG"....

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,i don't agree with you.Our players are definitely not only juara kampung.You can't denied their skill just because the recently competition.What means by history&result?It is really not fair to them.They also perform well in foreign.Beside that,i don't feel CTF and KKK are bad when their are playing,although i can't say they are super humble,but they are not as bad as you say.As a Malaysian,i still support our country players and i can see them have put a lot of effort.Sometimes,lose or win can't control by them.

11. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager

As a Malaysian, I support Malaysia. I did not denied their skill and also is not an issue about lose or win! But I hope you may just stand as neutrality position and really study & look at our Malaysia squad, what is actually heppened to our players?

Is not their skill is lag behind others BUT is their mentality and attitude problem. Come to "History & Result", could you tell me how many tournament titles they won (except those 3* tournament, Malaysia Open and those tournament when all the top players not participated)?

How much government spent on them for 2006 Thomas Cup preparation (Don't forget, the money is tax payor's money)... Eventually, what is the result? (I did not say they must win the Thomas Cup BUT at least show the fighting spirit)

Hafiz has won All England men's single title in 2003, after that how is his performance? He is a very talented & skilful player BUT attitude & mentality aspect? Just look at the game in Thomas Cup semi final he played with Kenneth Jonassen!!!

I am not expected CCM/KKK become "super hamble", BUT they showed their fist to the opponent and shout at their opponent is a FACT. I have recorded many of their games, if you really analyse then you can find out our players attitude & mentality problem.

No doubt, CCM/KKK is a very good double players in term of skill BUT to success in badminton game (not only badminton but also other sports), its required many of other factors to be succesful.

12. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,don't be angry.As the Thomas cup,we can't blame anyone for losing that.They are also don't wish to lose it.I think we can't support them when they are win and comment them when they are losing.You say that CCM/KKK are shouting toward the oppenent when playing,i think you misunderstanding them,i think they not really mean it,shouting is not means that they are unpolite,maybe they not shouting towards the oppenent.Sometimes we can't judge something easily.I admit that our players mental are not strong enough,but i think all of us can see how they performe.They practise everyday just because hope to bring glory to our country.We can't denied them coz they really put in a lot of effort.Although the thomas cup may bring sadness to everyone of us,but the players will feel more sad.Commenting are useless,what we can do is support them.I believe they can do it.:) :)

13. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,don't be angry.As the Thomas cup,we can't blame anyone for losing that.They are also don't wish to lose it.I think we can't support them when they are win and comment them when they are losing.You say that CCM/KKK are shouting toward the oppenent when playing,i think you misunderstanding them,i think they not really mean it,shouting is not means that they are unpolite,maybe they not shouting towards the oppenent.Sometimes we can't judge something easily.I admit that our players mental are not strong enough,but i think all of us can see how they performe.They practise everyday just because hope to bring glory to our country.We can't denied them coz they really put in a lot of effort.Although the thomas cup may bring sadness to everyone of us,but the players will feel more sad.Commenting are useless,what we can do is support them.I believe they can do it.:) :)i hope you will feel same too!!!!!!!

14. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    Well KaSoon, in a way you are right but unless you knw the behind the scenes then it is best for you to just give your support to the players.....as for the Thomas Cup finals, instead on venting you frustration in the forum, maybe you should write to Datuk Azalina to ask what went wrong....since as you put it, it is taxpayers money. Or better still, request a Royal Commission.

You talk abt their mental attitude, but what do you expect....its our culture....it is a fact that malaysians have the 'tidak apa' attitude....and this starts from home......i mean would you let your 8 yr old kid practise for 8 hrs a day......i am sure some parents would think you are crazy if you do....but that is exactly what they do in China.....

In Malaysia, we do not have a 'production' line of badmnton players unlike China. Thts why sometimes complacency comes into play. But believee it or not, 'policitics' is the no. 1 factor.

CCM/KKK do shout at their opponent and pump their fist when they win a point. But there is no law in badminton that says they cant do it. As long as they don't pump their fist at the opponent then its ok......If you are a sports person, you would knw that when your adrenalineis pumping you do different things....it is not a show of disrespect....afterall, adrenaline is the 'stongest' drug in the world.......

Sometimes in court, you have to be arrogant.....look at all the top players....lindan is so arrogant in court with his winning salute....but out of court, he is a 'pussy'....... same goes to peter gade........

That is mental strength is a way......so before we start critiscising the players, lets look at all the different factors first....

Whoever is going to win today's finals is whoever that will play and perform better at match time......form books count for nothing.......

#74 ksooi, Jun 17, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  15. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    Frankly speaking, BAM is the party that need to be criticised.....do you know that prior to the Thomas cup, the players do not have access to a masseuse, nutritionist and psychologist....

16. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya,what you say are true.Maybe we don't quite know what had happened behind the screen and we are not the players,their tirendness and stress we can't understand.So, we should stop blaming them.They have already give their best.I agree what you say

17. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager

Jessica & ksooi, thank you very much for the observation. In fact, i am not venting my angry & frustration to Malaysia players.

With the 'TIDAK APA' attitude & culture, that's why i never & did not expected much from our players. Is just want to put my personal obersvation that, if Malaysia players want to be success then they should change.

If not mistaken, under the badminton game rules, a player is not allowed to show their disrespect way & shouting to the opponent (correct me if i am wrong). But shout at own is allowed because this can make a player be roused to action.

However, just like what you said, "Whoever is going to win today's finals is whoever that will play and perform better at match time......form books doesn;t count...." Let's wait & see the result.

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Its quite unfair to criticise all malaysian player's has bad attitude by refering to their results in tournaments. Our training facilities is not as good as other (eg. china), talent pool is not as big..... but we do hv the most hardworking players like LCW, WCH..... especially LCW, look at him.... his physical build is so small and yet his came out becoming 1 of the most feared player in the world badminton scene.... i think he really put alot of hard work in it and really worked much more harder than anyone else.

p.s. He does have a different kind of charisma which separates himself from taufik, lindan.... i think is he look real cool and patient on court and humble... maybe thats why we luv him....

19. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

ok, guys and gals........please be ready for the match in few mins.
    Also, please keep on update the scores as the streaming seems not very stable. Many thanks.

20. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

As a matter of fact, LCW wasn't even suppose to be in the national team if not for Morten Frost Hansen. It was MFH tht spotted him and ask BAM to include him in the juniors.....and i think it was within a year that LCW became the No. 1 junior at tht time...the rest is history...... :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.