Well Well Well ! Lcw - U Are A Champ !

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by X Ball, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There was an official interview after the ceremony by medias. I called him up much later after his win.

2. BaddestHawaii

BaddestHawaii Regular Member

Okay!! Congratulate LCW!!

Ok....I better congratulate him and really hope that he will beat LD outside of Malaysia soon.

3. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

CHONG WEI IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy watching him beat LD.
    At the first time I thought he might lose:p
    Thank God....
    He is the coolest player I ever seen.
    Never give up and believe in himself, that's the truly spirit of MALASIA BOLEH!

Hidup Chong Wei!!Hidup Chong Wei!!!:D :D :D :D

by the way, really frust with LD attitude:(

4. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

Where are the uprising players ?

Now we have a "hattrick" champion? Tomorrow ....???

It is time for Mr Yap to uncover and bring up new potential single players, like what he did for double players many year ago. He grouped and groomed them before Rexy came to assist him . Now, we do not have problems with double players, at least five good pairs can match on any team. They have good fighting spirit.

Not forgetting, you have many good coaches who played single in their prime years. Share their experience to uncover and groom some good junior players. It is an honour for them to help the country.

Thing about it and prepare for tomorrow.

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    People are praising LCW now. But this good feeling will only last until the next time he has a bad result. And then, the bad feeling will last until he has a good result again, and so on.

The MO usually proves that we are better at home than not, but I guess we take the positives; at least we can win somewhere.

6. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Well, malaysian players are not that bad... sometimes they might get a bit erratic, but can't expect too much perfection. :p

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If they are bad and they lose (like me, for instance), well, nothing to do about it. But if good, but lose because of inconsistency, then it's somewhat infuriarating sometimes.

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I agree they lacked consistency. But there are many top players in other sports that suffers from consistency problems but yet became great players.

I like LCW a lot but I hope he can be more consistent. He will not become world number 1 for long or dominate if he has to rely on surprise fightbacks all the time. He is getting the Liverpool FC bug this time round always winning on the brink of defeat. It makes for good story, but it won't disguise the bigger issues LCW needs to fix. I would not expect this to be fixed for the Taipei Open, but there's a while away from September, I hope it improves by then.

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

EastDevil, the guy has fixed it in the MO win ! Now, we want to make it look pretty --- like putting on some 'space', i.e. win by 2 games instead of 3 ! Maybe, this will happen in the CTO.;)

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Win Some Lose Some

It is not unexpected that in the MS, any player in the world's top ten will be able to beat one another. It depends on his form in that particular moment of time. And sometimes, a near-miracle like the LCW-LD encounter in the just concluded MO could also happen. For the top players to win some and lose some have occured so many times before.

Before the MO, LCW did not have a good run. PG had quite a good outing up to the SO but by the MO, I guess he was too tired to carry on because of the unusually tight June schedule and the long games he had to endure. Therefore, for the fresher Lin Dan, it will not be a surprise if he could bounce back to win the Taipeh Open. I don't think Taufik could make it there to stop him and even if he could, I doubt he has completely recovered from his back injury to worry LD too
    much.

A rematch with LCW will be the most likely scenario, if LCW played true to form and not fumble early as before. But now, the much more hungrier and angrier Lin Dan will leave his den with a clear fixation to kill at the earliest opportunity! :eek:

#30 Loh, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  11. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Fumbling throughout the 2nd and most of the 3rd set after winning the first set convincingly doesn't seems like fixing.

12. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Taufik busy watching world cup. :D

13. lightsmash

lightsmash Regular Member

Target board
    Was LCW using NS8000 for the game?
    So I guess alot of LCW fans will be buying NS8000?
    lol. :D

14. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

What exactly did LD do?

15. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

U couldnt expect perfection with World Number One LD, if LCW defeated LD in two straight games, I guess it was a real surprise for LD fans then

16. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I am not expecting perfection, I just find that the way LCW tend to fumble for 2 sets after a great start needs to be worked on badly because miracles do not happen that often. Lin Dan always seems to be a slow starter, the kind of player that has to be killed off quickly and not let him drag.

17. hara^kazuko

I thought the second set was excusable... because LD had started to smash things out.. It was the earlier third set that has to be improved... but LCW's last minute comeback was simply just amazing...

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LCW has absorbeb energy from malaysian crowd, they gave LCW 'MAGNA POWER" :D

19. hara^kazuko

And the famous Malaysian Slogan "Malaysia Boleh" no doubt had fired things up

20. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

Once again, because my post was beautifully ignored, 'What exactly did LD do?'.