Disappointed with China's Players attitude, Salute Denmark and England players!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by cindie, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Later in the forum? How?
    The player(s) tell you here?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, not the players. But some of the BCers posted their past experiences as well. I don't recall which thread(s) it was, but *if you want* you can try to search in last yr's WC's thread..hehe:p ;)

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Well, it should not be "certain" players. We should remember to have the courtesy not to bother them before their match. They have tough fights and performance targets to meet and its definitely a stressful job in front of so many people. I think the last thing they want is to take pictures. :D

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think you better pull up other threads and read some of the fans' opinion of her after attempting to get an autograph.:rolleyes:

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yeah, but to hell her to f*** off, that's a little too much. While that might not be their general behaviour, all a fan needs is one bad impression and that image lingers long.

#45 madbad, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  6. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Can you please post the interview? I would like to read it. Thanks.

7. kasuya

kasuya Regular Member

OHHHHH... MY godness!!! Someone in this thread actually has lots of common sense!!!! I respect you truly!!!

8. kasuya

kasuya Regular Member

Lin Dan just got OWNED by the whole malaysian crowd, chanting like crazy!!!
    I am sure he was not mad at LCW for his loss, but probably the crowd for all the distraction created during the match.

In a match of singles badminton, one player will win, and one will lose... but to play under that much additional distration is just very frasturating. If I were LD, I would NEVER throw the cheque away(because I am a money-loving freak), but for sure I would reject the hat... hahaha. I would blame it on something like it is against my religious beliefs, or I have allegies.. and I am a disrepectfully jerk!!! =P

9. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Please, if u watch China Open or China Master, the crowd support their own players, chanting like crazy too, but we have never complained abt that. It is the same everywhere.

10. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

thanks.........will certainly do a search and look for the truth.

11. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Yes, will certainly do. I am very very disappointed. :crying:

12. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Sport is all about peace and love yet we are bringing hate into here. Can we be more forgiving to each other?

Maybe LD did have a bad mood that day and shown disrespected to the Mals, but I don’t think he really meant it. Do we still remember the wonderful story of LD during this year AE? It does prove him and the Chinese team are just as good as everybody else.

Further more, please don’t turn this into a nation vs nation debate, we should be all good friends when playing on the court or off court. There are so few nations that are actually competing in badminton, and we should cherish and cheer for each other instead of hate.

Peace!

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, yah i know, that's what i learned...:p But if i remember, i was able to take a quick pic with one of the WD pair *before their* match without any problem. Oh, i remember now, it was GaoL/HuangS which refused to take a pic *before* the match, but i believe they accepted the offer after their match ended(i think i still have the pic posted somewhere in this forum?!?!:rolleyes: )...On that note, i'm not trying to "pick on" certain players, but i remember recently in another tournament thread, similar thing also happened with a couple of BCers who requested a pic with the Japanese WD players but were turned away (aih, forgot which thread also)..:p :rolleyes:

14. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

China's Attitude and More.

Hi everybody, it has come to my attention that alot of people have become very aggressive about the comments on the chinese. And certainly they do deserve a fair amount for the attitudes they displayed in the MO 2006. However, we can't solely judge them on this one incident alone nor should we ignore what they're trying to achieve (the best which is an unrealistic goal cuz someone is always going to be better than you). People do get frustrated, and certainly the chinese team has yet to learn some manners. Or perhaps the coaching staff have something to do with it ? Another possibility is that some of the players hasn't had enuff losing (which I think is a good experience or else you become too ignorant). In any case my point is, all this negative talk is leading to sterotyping of the chinese in general. And I believe this leads to great hostility. So before we jump to any big conclusions (which create assumptions and when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME), lets do what Gillian Clark does, and focus on the positive points and give players the benefit of the doubt. Despite some of the serious infractions. I don't think that should require name calling, and negative comments about what they are really like inside (that hurts man). Like what Kwun said in a different thread, CALM DOWN.

PS. Yes I know Lin Dan usually shows his ugly sides in most games I've seen him in. ANd yes it is a pity since he's one of the top figures that represents badminton, but there other players from other countries that exhibit the same ego.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Athough I agree with your comments, the long and short of this is it is alright to make our views known. Kwun can do his editing anyway (for rude and vulgar remarks but not curb comments).

I think not all the comments are not within reasons. You, too, have made your remarks here just like everybody else.

Lin Dan should learn to quell his ego from now on and maybe someone should warn him the fans are 'stirred' (I am sure someone will tell him because of our strong remarks).

16. yling

yling Regular Member

few years ago i went to the jpn open
    asked photographs and pictures from a lot of top players
    everyone was so friendly except the chinese
    and one even say in chinese "how long must i sign? i might as well simply create a signature with just 2 strokes" to her partner.. thinking that we dun understand chinese!
    and she is Zhou Mi!
    what a snobbish character!

17. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student

hey come on, sometimes to others what china players or china people might say in chinese may hurt people's feelings but their intentions are true.

be glad that they even sign for you, players are very tired after a match and just want to return back to rest but several people kept running up to you asking for your signature or some even ask for their jerseys..
    obviously if you are the player and you are damn tired i guess you will feel a little irrated..

so guys, im not saying that you cannot get a signature from them but, get it at the right time and try to understand them and put yourself in their position... thankyou

18. seeleegal

seeleegal Regular Member

No..that's not what i meant.What I want to know is the location of Singapore badminton hall.I have went to the Singapore Indoor stadium for Aviva Singapore Open.Anyway..thank you!:) :)

19. verinee@yey

verinee@yey Regular Member

stdnt
    SIngapore badminton hall is at Guillemard Road
    take bus no.7,197 from kallang mrt then u cross the traffic light n u'll see the badminton hall's building

20. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

wow!! its such an eye opener for me to know all these... i am not aware that some ppl hv the view or they'd experience that chinese players are snobbish...i alwiz see them in tv and my thoughts of them are always great..

hhmmpphh.. now it cause me some doubts.. i wonder when i see them again in tv..would i feel the same as like time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.