About LEE CHONG WEI

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by sweetluv, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Why couldn't I run into someone even though I stay nearby...sigh

2. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    wah, u r so so so lucky!!:)

3. libratwins

libratwins Regular Member

student
    i am so jealous.if you meet him again please sent my regards to him

4. libratwins

libratwins Regular Member

student
    KUCHING-lee chong wei merangkul kejuaraan hatrik pada kejohannan badminton terbuka malaysia selepas mencatatkan kemenangan penuh dramatik ke atas pemain nombor satu dunia ,lin dan dari china pada perlawanan akhir di stadium perpaduan di sini semalam.
    Dengan kemenangan tersebut pemain kelahiran pulau pinang itu membawa pulang hadiah lumayan as$9,600(RM36,480)
    Bagaimanapun lin dan tidak mempamerkan semangat kesukanan apabila enggan memakai topi 'orang ulu' ketika penyampaian hadiah malah melemparkan 'mock-up' cek kemenangan gara-gara tidak berpuas hati dengan kekalahannya.

sorry because not translate this to english too difficult to me but i know you all understand right,hope yes.i take this article from my classmate first cograts to chong wei and second is i think lin dan don't has 'semangat kesukanan' right.what you all think?(i not take all the article just some of it)if you want read all of the article you can find it in malay not chinese newspaper

5. kasuya

kasuya Regular Member

I can't believe I stamble into a thread with nobody but all malaysians praising LCW, gotta get out of here quick. =P

6. hara^kazuko

LD memang tidak menunjukkan semangat kesukanan langusung sekali.. Tetapi hal ini telah banyak diperdebatkan di forum ini sehingga berlaku pertelingkahan lidah dan menyebabkan suasana yang tidak harmoni :(

Sorry for using Malay... But in overall, LD was happy winning the latest Chinese Taipei Open ... He and LCW were friendly together and the situation was a whole different to what had happened in MO...

7. doctor_teh

doctor_teh Regular Member

SO did u kiss n worship the ground that LCW walked on? ppl, pls be sensible. it is OK to praise ur fave player's skill unashamely. but sometimes, some ppl tend to go overboard and treat their idols like a demigod. this is very simplistic thinking n shld be avoided and cured immediately.

8. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

that was very sarcastic of you. LLLean wasn't treating LCW like a demigod, that is exagerating, perhaps you don't know how it feels like to meet your national player and actually have a conversation with him/her.
    by the way, it was really very humble and pleasant of LCW for what he did :)

9. hara^kazuko

Although some people do, but you are pointing it in a wrong direction.. Hey, shouldn't people be happy when they got to meet their favourite player.. I thought it was very normal to have this kind of reaction... You can't act cool in a situation like dat..

If you don't, then mind stop vomitting these unkind statements

People pls, be sensible, they aren't sth like disease that will spead out or what...

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

The doctor teh guy is damn sarcastic la. Most of his post is talking about some stupid sarcastic stuff bout lcw... he is trying to be funny i guess....
    LLLean is juz sharing her joy with us thats all! Dont need to be rude!

11. hara^kazuko

Yeah... Looks like he's trying to be cool.. :rolleyes:

12. luvCW

luvCW Regular Member

i feel that LLLean is sharing her joy with us.... but there are some ppl who is trying to be rude here... i feel that we should be happy for LLLean coz she has juz meet her fav player... but not thinking that she is boasting....

13. doctor_teh

doctor_teh Regular Member

sorry if i sounded rude to u ppl. but i had treated many mental disorder patients who worship n idolize too much a well-known figure. usually, they are mostly teenagers with ultra-high hormonal activity, hence their irrational behaviour. But there are some adults who never grow out of this phase. These simple minded ppl can be manipulated and breakdown easily. so practise moderation, rationale and close family ties are important.

14. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

well, i think it is normal for us to be happy and overjoy if we bump into someone special. Well, won't you be surprised if you run into one of the DEWA members, Siti Nurhaliza or Kris Dayanti? or maybe one of the world leaders? I don't think LLLean worships LCW: She is just surprised and happy about the unexpected meet and chat with LCW.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Since doctor_teh has apologised, I hope everybody will consider this particular matter as having reached its endpoint.

16. luvCW

luvCW Regular Member

ok... pls dun hv a 'war' here... thx dr teh for ur explanation n apologies...

17. LLLean

LLLean Regular Member

I tried to send a PM to doctor_teh, but the system didn't allow. So sorry for using this thread. doctor_teh, if u need to respond, please pm me directly, so we needn't use this thread.

To suggest that idolizing sportsmen is something that has to be cured only reflects one's poor judgement and narrow-mindedness. And to even mention mental patients? My goodness. I really hope people can open up their mind and learn more about this world and understand that there is so much that we do not know instead of thinking we know so much and making judgement. There is so, so much about our world that we, including the medical world, still dont understand.

The point of my previous posting was to share with you all how amazed i was that i ran into LCW; it's something i never, never expected. And also to point out that he seems a very nice person. There was an older guy who saw me taking pix with LCW and who also asked LCW if he could snap pix of him. He took a pix of just LCW while this person's wife stood by. Guess there were 2 happy people that day. :)

Ok, let's talk about LCW again..... Did anyone notice that in the MO finals, LCW executed a couple backhand drives from back court, which i've never seen him do before. It's like a pseudo backhand smash. I hope someday, it could be developed into a lethal backhand smash, much like Taufik's. I'm curious if anyone noticed it.

#277 LLLean, Jun 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  18. WestDemon

WestDemon Regular Member

actually it is not normal. even if u happen to meet these 'famous' ppl, they are still humans. no need to b overjoyed. it is not like see-ing back a long lost family member or fren. so i agree with the good doctor. idol-worshipping is a sign of a weak and simple mind.

19. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I have to agree with the idol worship problem.

- Look at the ridiculously long queues all the young girls were in so as to get an autograph from their idol boybands and they started queuing 3 days before the band is going to visit the mall!

- Look at them chartering a taxi and following their idols' every single move around the city.

- Look at them developing a sense of irrational perfection about their idols and never being able to accept any flaws about their idols (badminton fans fall into this as well).

Having idols is okay, but idol worship is bad.
    :D

20. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Well, i don't agree with idol-worshipping too. What i was trying to say is that i don't think LLLean is idol-worshipping LCW. She was just happy and surprised to meet LCW unexpectedly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.