Glen Waverley Fridays 8:00pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  2. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Chris, is Steve the guy who used to come to our Box hill to deliver the golden seal shuttle to you? If we are talking about the same person, how can i get in contact him?

Chris, for coaching, I think your idea of moving back as fast as possible then meet the shuttle is much better than hitting shuttle while moving back. Maybe we could further break in down this wednesday into "moving back"+"get ready for hitting"? What do you think?

Also, I will get to Box hill much earlier this wednesday for a slow jog.

I just had to tell you on this past 2 sundays my clear is getting quite useful. Also i have started to apply hitting inside the goalpost for smash, drop as well. Footwork for underarm clear is also alright though (only forehand obviously). On the week before, i outclear someone in practice (like what Helmut did to me before). Man, the look on their face, that was good!

Lily, whenever i search online for yonex stuff and get tennis apparel instead of badminton apparel, Hewitt always show up.

If only i can get the gigantic Yonex tennis headband ......

Apology to all of you for the wrong badminton shoe pricing in Stadium sport. For the ones who did not come last friday, i will give you a personal apology this upcoming friday.

3. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

chris, i read your reply post after posting mine.

AGAIN!!

badfever, there are other things that i am not good at and you don't need video footage to figure that one out.

Hope you don't stress yourself too much!

On a side note, let's hope friday night would have heaps of people and a single game would never occur anymore (eventhough i like single more)!

4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Amen to the above. Like you, single is more interesting but too much for my current fitness. The next day after our singles on Friday (two weeks ago), when I woke up in the morning, I felt a huge hungover, just like waking up from too much alcohol. :p

5. dust2k

dust2k Regular Member

Hi guys,

Nice to see this thread growing so quick, as my experiense on BBS system, I feel we better to apply a sub-forum instead of making a super long thread which is not good for forum hoster keep the high profermance and also not easy for us to search and discuss.

talk to the moderator and apply a sub forum then each threads has their own clear topic.

Cheers.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Bulk email sent to all CCC Members

Hi BadFever,

I have sent a bulk email to all CCC Members, re: Club's info/communication.

All email addresses were taken from our Members' Application Forms.

Your email address produced an error.

Please check your email address on your Application Form this Friday.

Cheers... chris@ccc

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Our own CCC's Sub-Forum?

Hi dusk2k,

You, with expererience on the BBS system, will have to tell us more about this sub-forum this Friday.

Cheers... chris@ccc

8. chinek

chinek Regular Member

Technical Administrator

Hi ,
    My name is Nick Chuah, and I would like to join your playing sessions.
    My mobile is 0412 773 728 and email jnguy@bigpond.net.au

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Welcome Nick Chuah

Hi Nick,

Have you received our CCC info that I have sent you?.

Hope to see you this Friday, 7-Jul-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

10. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

A new way of gripping a racket ???

Hi BadFever,

Yes, that's quite interesting.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate Gollum. He has been a wonderful source of information on Techniques/Training. Many Badminton Central's readers have benefited from many of his posts.

But Gollum will need more time for him to prepare a way to show us this “New Grip”.

Some time back, I had a discussion with Gollum. I was trying to tell him that sometimes it is hard to describe Techniques/Training in words. For me, teaching Badminton can only be done with DEMONSTRATIONS.

I always refer to “The Art of Playing Badminton”. And for us to learn any ART, whether it is the Art of Drawing, the Art of Painting, the Art of Playing the Piano, the Art of Kung Fu, etc, etc... we need DEMONSTRATIONS.

Badminton, like Tennis, is evolving. I can still remember the impact on Tennis when new Tennis Grips were introduced.

Anyway, LilyC may find this interesting too. It was just 2 days ago that I showed LilyC 2 of the Badminton Grips.

Cheers... chris@ccc

12. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

I am back...

Hi everyone,

I am back from holidays. Hope to see you all on Friday night and get some badminton action, that is if I am well.:D
    Came back from KL (30+ degrees) to Mel (6+) this morning. What a big drop in temperature. :eek:

Chris, I got 6 tubes of Yonex shuttles(Aerosensa 4) from KL. The shop owner said it was on special and comparable to Yonex AS 30. Orginal price was M$65/tube, got it for M$45. Saw Sea Lion selling for M$40/tube. I thought might as well get the Yonex for M$5 more.

Also got some badminton clothing and a pair of shoes -Yonex SB99 Limited Ed (Orange) for M$190.
    I wish MAS would give me more allowance for my luggage. Luggage was overweight at the airport and had to remove some things and moved them to my hand-carry. The check-in person was very strict. Total weight was 28Kg and she would only allowed 23 Kg. I tried to persuade her but no luck. :crying:

Back to work tomorrow and hopefully my holiday mood would not slow down my thinking at work.

Bye and see you Friday. Will share more 'stories' at the supper.

Cheers,
    Fuji
    A bit rusty and heavy from eating all the authentic, delicious and cheap food in Malaysia.:D:D:D

#272 Fuji_, Jul 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Welcome Back Fuji

Hi Fuji,

Welcome Back.

Wow !!!...
    You will be wearing the Limited Edition (Orange) Yonex SB99 Shoes.
    You will outrun all of us this Friday.

A big thank you for getting the Yonex Aerosensa 4 for our CCC Club.

Could you calculate by conversion rate to AUD$ (for the M$270 = 6 x M$45) and let me know before this Friday Session?
    And I will ask my Bank Manager for it, before I see you on Friday.:):D:p;)

Can't wait to listen to your “stories” at SUPPERTIME.

Cheers... chris@ccc

14. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Hi Chris, for you, cheap cheap la... :p
    When I was there, 1 AUD$ buys M$ 2.66 at a local currency exchange.
    So M$270 will be around A$100. No need to see bank manager la... :D

Oh no, my Malaysian slang is coming back again. :p

Cheers,
    Fuji

15. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hi Fuji, welcome back. Wow, you brought back some expensive shuttles. I hope you didn't get the super slow ones, otherwise :) :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :p :eek: :( ...just kidding. :D How many kilos did you put up in weight? Last time I went back, I increased my weight by 10Kg...try beating this. :D I missed CCC record day last Friday due to work, total 24 attendances. :crying: I hope this week we can get 26, including you and me.

See you on Friday.

16. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Hi BadFever,
    With slow shuttles, at least I can return your smashes :D
    They are rated at 3, which is 77. I remembered Chris saying if in doubt, get speed rating 3 (77). I think they should be the same as the Ashaway I have. Should be normal speed.

10 Kg! Wow...:eek: I don't think I have gained that much in my life. Then again, I have been a stick all my life.
    With this trip, I may have gained 2 Kg. Haven't got a scale at home la...:p

Sure, see you this Friday. Need to try out my new badminton gear. ;) Take it easy on me though as I think I am coming down with another cold... Bloody weather!:crying:

Cheers,
    Fuji

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Hey Fuji, Good memory of Shuttle Speed

Hi Fuji,

Thank you for remembering the Shuttle Speed.

Just a reminder message to all other CCC members when buying shuttles, in future, for our club.

When you find cheaper shuttles, especially when you are visiting Asia, please buy shuttles with the following speed rating;
    3(Simplified Labelling No), or
    (Weights in Grains), or
    (Weights in Decigrams).

I can't wait to try the Yonex Aerosensa 4 this Friday.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#277 chris-ccc, Jul 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC Coaching & Training Session

Hi everyone@ccc,

Now that our CCC Social Session(Friday night) is smooth running, we will be preparing to start our next project.

Several of our CCC players, namely; Helmut-H, Bill-L, Ken-H, Chiranthi-M, Lily-C, etc... have been asking me start our CCC Coaching & Training Session. (* If there are any other players interested, please let me know).

Well, we can start ASAP, now that our CCC Social Session is running OK.

And I propose that our CCC Coaching & Training Session to be held on Wednesday Nights.

============
    So what is the difference between a Coaching & Training Session and a Social Session?

A Social Session concentrates on Playing Games alone.

A Coaching & Training Session concentrates on Learning Skills(from Coaching) and Perfecting Strokes(from Training Drills).

But from my experience, many trainees will still want to play a few games at the end of a Coaching & Training Session. So perhaps, the last 30 or 60 minutes will be devoted to Playing Games.

You guys will remember me saying that we will take in a maximum of 32 players for our Social Session. This is in line with most Social Clubs, i.e. players to play allocated games and to have allocated rests.

But for our Coaching & Training Session to be effective, we will only take in a maximum of 16 trainees. Again, this is in line with most Coaching Clubs, i.e. trainees to train as hard as they can, and trainees manage their own rest periods depending on their own fitness. Because we have only 4 courts, only 16 trainees will be accepted.

============
    Because of the difference in number of participants in the 2 sessions mentioned above, a different Fee Structure will apply. I am still working on this. And the calculations will be based on my Professional Coaching Fees.

Give me a few more days, and I will tell you more.

* And if there are any other players interested in this Coaching & Training Session, please let me know ASAP.

Cheers... chris@ccc

19. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Chris, after some "serious" thoughts, i want to get into your coaching and training session.

On the point of allocating time for coaching versys training, i suggest it depends on the nature of chapter. For example, single/double tactic would be better off with a fair amount of training thrown at the end for practical purpose (2 hr coaching+1hr training). Clear would be better off with more drill (2:30 hr coaching + 0:30 training). This is only a personal opinion though.

To all malay people, just out of interest, what is the name of the currency for malay cos i was looking up the yahoo finance for the currency rate.

BadFever, was the SHB 99 limited edition more expensive than the normal one in malay? Did malay have nano 9000 on sale? Did they have any Gosen shoes?

To anybody who want to check out their yonex racket is for single/double play, please check out this chart for yonex racket. Neglecting all the confusing stuff (unless you have too much time on your hands), go to the attached image right at the bottom of the page.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4389

Let's hope this week we have enough people to force the friday night session to be extended.

20. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

hkhung, malaysia currency is called "Ringgit". I think you mistaken me for Fuji. But I can still answer your questions. You can get SHB99LE at about RM$180 (that's AUS$68). I think NS9000 is about the same price as Australia. They have Gosen shoes but I don't know the price. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.