Lee Chong Wei

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by s2heng, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    OMG LEE CHONG WEI #1?!?!?! So happy for him!! Well deserve!! :)

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he has defeated them in malaysia, he hasn't proved it outside of malaysia :D

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW stunned PG in straight games in Singapore in SO2004. I was there at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, were you? I believe LCW defeated TH in TC 2006 qualifying in India but I may be wrong. Try to be more objective and don't led some small minded Malaysian Star newspaper mislead you.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Its true. Taufik lost to LCW in TC qualifying round.

5. valen

valen Regular Member

This is such a "Jealous" statement!

6. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Jealous or not, the first thing to know is if that statement is true or not.

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

By being the World No. 1, LCW has now proven that he is the best over time. This is the beginning of the best yet from him. Hail LCW !

What would be be better is the coming World Championship --- I think he is getting close to the BIG WIN.

Sure, most of the people who have said he has to prove it before we can call him a real Champ, I agree. But nevertheless he is a Champ amongst his fans and that counts double if he wins the World Championship.

So EastDevil, although you are right, his fans are also right in declaring him a Champ.

8. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

Now the changes of rules made what really matters is the No. 1 by the year end. Lin Dan has the biggest chance to make it.

9. s2heng

s2heng Regular Member

Attached Files:

10. Ants0600

Ants0600 Regular Member

Originally Posted by Jessica
    Wow, fantastic articles.Thank you for posting here.Ya,indeed ,LCW is really a very polite player.Among all the player,he is the only one i think that is really good no matter in pysical or mental.In Taiwan Open,although he had lost to LD,but i think he is the biggest winner.Attitude is really very important to a players,no matter lose or win,LCW never lost his temper.In the TC,he willing to bear the responsible alone when we lost to Denmark.I think he surely can walk more far and acchive more in his badminton path if he continue with his attitude.Best wishes to he and hope him can win in the World Championship or even Olympic.

Just wanna say:
    I agree if u say, "
    Attitude is really very important to a players, no matter lose or win"
    But,
    (1) 4 good player, I'll prefer PGC, he's much more polite & honorable than LCW (altough LCW's very good either). He (PGC)'s ever given his bronze medal 2 a Korean player (I forget who's that & in what tournament :p), that seems very HONORABLE, no one in history's DARE enough to do that (Maybe there's no chance or I don't kno beside PGC). He's touched more people's heart than LCW has.
    (2) 4 great player, I choose PGC 2, bcoz he's; won AE, beaten top guns (LD, LCW, TH, LHI, Hoyer, Sun Jun, etc) even since 1997, survive 4 being world #1-#5 since 1997.
    (3) Last but not least, he's very nice & respectful 2 his oponents
    Sorry 4
    exaggerating, bcoz I'm a fan of PGC

11. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    great articles and great pics as well.

Glad for him...Go LCW!!!

12. juniorjunior

juniorjunior Regular Member

wah....look at LCWs smile....Pretty Happy for getting 2nd place....Perfect gentleman....

13. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Fans always declare any kind of thing even though it may be the stupidiest idea. But I guess that's what fans need to escape from hash realities. I could even make myself feel better in declaring myself as the greatest player that ever lived. hahaha :D

14. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Anyway, in terms of achievements, the "greatest" at this point in time will have to be Taufik Hidayat (even though I'm not a Taufik fan). Afterall, he's still the reigning WORLD champion and Olympic GOLD medalist. Furthermore, his very recent victory is a 6-STAR tournament (not the small little 4-star ones).

We'll see how that change when September comes.

15. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Why do we have two threads about LCW. May I request the mods to merge this thread with the one on Pro Players, "about LCW".

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It takes as much winning a 4-star. In the MO (4*), LCW had to beat LD. In the IO (6*), TH had to beat only BCL. So it ridicules your comments "not the small little 4-star ones".:p

17. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Harsh realities? Malaysia is not having a war and it's not aftermath of tsunami either...

LCW is making all Malaysians proud... You know, Malaysian sportmen hardly ever achieved world number one... A little bit of exaggerating or idolism here won't hurt

18. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    According to the fans in this thread, LD is no way near LCW not to mention LCW has the 8-point wonder technique, so it should be easy meat to beat LD compared to a sick duck like TH having to beat a fresh BCL while having "tons" of injuries not to mention being in a hurry to catch the World Cup in Germany? :D

Anyway, LCW did win a few titles this year, so its quite a good year for him. Good, yes, great, not yet. :p

19. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Come on, there's more successful malaysian sportsmen than that.

20. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Well, Nicol David (who was once world number one in squash), Lee Chong Wei and some shuttlers, Bryan(a young diver), Alex Yong (Former Formula One driver)... who else?