mp66,mp88,mp99

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Stephy, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Stephy

Stephy Regular Member

Student
    i have a hard time for buying a new racket...
    at first,i wanna buy a mp99,but a lot of people recommend mp88...
    then i went back to china...checking out the price...
    wow!scared me...it really did...
    then i saw a mp 66...

now i have no idea wat to buy...
    guys,please help me!!:crying: :crying:
    thanks!

2. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Never used 88 or 99 but the MP 66 is slightly head lite racket and strung with bg 85 at 9.5 kilo plays quite well for doubles players who like defense....You could up the smash by increasing the tension to 10 kilo but I have not tried that out....Now I only use the Kawasaki 657 which is very head lite and cost a third of the price of my 66....

3. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Spend a little more and get the MP99. Really. Is the safest and most reliable racket amongst those 3. I heard alot of cases of the MP66 cracking and breaking. It's a very fragile racket. One of my friend broke his is less than 3 weeks. And commends I hear says that MP88 also is quite fragile. And almost everyone is BC has an MP99. It's a very safe bet for a great racket. And I believe the frame is stronger than the MP88 and MP66.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You need to spend a bit more effort on research, rather than just listen to several friends, or looking at the price tag.

Seems you did not really know the playability on all these 3 rackets yet. My suggestion is to get your hands on these rackets (or, as well as other Yonex / Non-Yonex models), and your hand will let you know which racket fit you better. Of course, your final decision will be based on the price vs. performance ratio, if $$$ is also a big concern.

To get your hands on the rackets, try to rent/borrow from local shops or fellow club members. Even a 5 min light drill session, is better than just reading plain reviews. ;)

5. leo29

leo29 Regular Member

MP 66 is best for value, there isn't much difference between 99 and 88, go for 66 its waaaaay better value:performance:cool:

6. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    While all these suggestions are good, you should really listen to what LazyBuddy had to say. Just because a racket is cheap doesn't mean you will like it; Try to get a hold of these rackets & play with them & then decide.

7. jonex

jonex Regular Member

hope this helps...

MP99 - stiff shaft, even balance...good power & control, all-rounder.

MP88 - flexible shaft, very light(4u, doesnt feel solid), head heavy but not as noticable as armortecs

MP66 - flexible shaft, very light...feels even lighter than MP88 coz MP66 is head-light balanced(a 3u MP66 feels lighter than a 4u MP88), excellent maneuverability, looks great, questionable durability

i recommend the MP99 coz of its proven performance in both singles & doubles(lots of pros use/used it), value & durability (lots of enthusiasts & weekend warriors use it). i personally had used the racket before & had great games w/ it, im a doubles player. get a 3u version & youll be happy.

goodluck!

8. customerservice

customerservice Regular Member

of course mp99

mp99 is better than other mp model. The structure and material used is the best. Trust me, because l get different models in my shops. Also the supplier agree with me

9. customerservice

customerservice Regular Member

of course mp99

l get many model in my shop, l feel that the structure and material used for mp99 is better than other mp model, the supplier also agreed with me:)

10. bye bye birdie

bye bye birdie Regular Member

Student
    mp99

mp99 all the way its a great all round racket with power and control.

Get it.... Get it.... Get it....:p