Clear Two-bad Service!!!

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by kitebluesky, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STRING

STRING Regular Member

Hey Wing-omega5-u, you mean towbsss is a staf in clear-1??? No wonder he/she made kitebluesky soooo pissttttt!!!! Anyway kitebluesky, take a deep breath and cool yourself. Don't let this stressed you out. There are so many places you can go for badminton lesson. Try the new club, PRO. They have various certified and experienced coaches. I like the environment there, the staff are very friendly and easy to approach.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree.

Obviously, the bad experience is hard for everyone to face, and I understand you have the right to be upset. However, there's no need to make this case to be the headline news. Overall, it's a matter of mis-communication.

Overall, from the information I collected, C1/C2 in general did had great contribution to the local badminton community. No business is perfect in a way, and C1/C2 is no exception. Hope they do take this one as a lesson, but we need to be understandable as well. ;)

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I don't understand what this suppose to mean. Don't get me wrong, as I am not even living in Vancouver, and I surely don't take side.

However, I don't see why someone should NOT defend C1/C2 (be it's own member / staff or not). I mean, to evalute a case, we need to gather information from both sides, and try to view the incident from both points of view, right? If who ever shouts 1st, must be right, or must win, then, I guess we don't need all the cops / judges anymore. :cool:

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Calm down man...

I know you are upset, and it's understandable. However, no need to use an individual case to reflect the whole thing. C1/C2 stays in business competitively, means in general, their reputation is acceptable. Of course, no system is ever or will ever be perfect. There're always supporter and haters, for whatever reason.

Let's stay cool, and try to solve the matter 1st. No need to beat up some individuals / business to death, even if they make mistakes. ;)

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Staffers do have perspective different from customers. Anyone looking for lessons should understand C1/C2's difficulty in handling overwhelming demand. Afterall, it's the first proper facility outside of the expensive private clubs to offer easy access to quality coaching to the public. Darryl also has a reputation of being a wonderful coach. Last I heard, waiting list for his personal coaching is still pretty long:(. Hopefully the new clubs could relieve some of the pressure.

Mr. Kite, please calm down. You didn't really lose any money in that situation, did you? Move on and check out the new RichmondPRO club for alternative choice. I heard that the new club has some very experienced coaches.

#25 cappy75, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  6. dont_cgy

dont_cgy Regular Member

Working
    After reading this,
    I can't help but post my own respond to this.

I think its ok for kitebluesky to voice his/her opinion about C2
    Some will agree if they have the same or similar experience.
    Some won't dissagree cause the got the greatest service there.

So there shouldn't be anyone that's wrong, it was just
    a moment of time that kitebluesky got the bad service of it.

I am sure if you go again some other time you might have a different
    experience on service.

best luck.
    D.

7. dontkillme

dontkillme Regular Member

Are these comments all true about C1 & 2???

8. dontkillme

is C1 for sale???

9. defiant

defiant Regular Member

Hi dontkillme, which comments are you referring to? kitebluesky's recap of his/her experience is probably true. I don't see any reason for kitebluesky to make any embellishments. In my opinion and from first hand experience, Cappy's comment on Darryl's reputation as a wonderful coach is also true.

As for the other things about business license, etc., I believe they were clearly posted as rumors by the respective authors.

Definitive answer to such a sensitive business question is probably hard to come by on a public forum. :confused: Dontkillme, if you find out any info, please keep us informed :)

10. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    towbsss is one of the coaches at c1/c2, and i've heard his ability doubted by a certain individual. i dont have a problem with darryls "wonderful coaching." from what i've seen it looks pretty good. i DO however have a problem with his minor staff and coaches. i've heard alot of criticism about the coaches from some ranked players out there, but i'm yet to experience it or see it for myself. as for their staff, receptionists and cashiers, i think they give potentially the worst customer service in all of richmond. i dont know the names of the staff, nor do i really feel its necessary. i'm just going to share some experiences. maybe i'm young and immature, feel free to tell me if i am based on the following:
    every single damn time i go to the morning drop-in, the door just REFUSES to open until 9:00am sharp. even if it is raining outside, you'd think that they'd let u in so u dont die and they lose $4.50 or something. not that big a deal, theres more =). when u get inside, one of the staff treats u like utter garbage. crap, they act like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed, for a whole week straight. u look at their face and its just like they dont want anyone around them, as if they're depressed 24/7. kind of creates a really nasty aura when ur signing up. when they stamp u and u tell them "thanks" u get a nasty glare as u walk away. now...why doesn't this ever happen to the people that speak cantonese? i mean no offense to those of you that do but wow. they treat me(and others that dont speak their language) as aliens or something. me and my friends even labeled her as "the lady that hates ur guts if u dont speak canto."
    another member of their staff that ran the drop-in once looked like she was going to piss her pants. its like shes never seen the light of day or something. she has the quietest voice so u cant hear wut the hell shes trying to say. i heard "ths cot book" when i was told "this court is booked." plz dont doubt my hearing as nobody else on the court understood wut she was talking about either. the same lady also once let in 40 people into the morning drop-in. i mean wtf? 40 people? u have normally have 24 people on the courts but 3 of them were booked. that leaves room for 12 people on the courts, and 28 on the racket-sign up? theres not even enough space for everyone to go on the damn rack at the same time. wheres the good service there?

11. dontkillme

anywayz, these are none of business...its getting boring talking about this topic....either go complain or just keep it quite...

12. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    "dontkillme" who are u addressing?

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, I believe most of your cases are true.

However, there's no need to pick every single tiny bad examples. I believe overall, C1/C2 are still reputable, and let's don't neg. their overall contribution to the baddy community. I am sure there're enough good things still attract customers to come back. Even as yourself, even you do see various cases, you still pay them the visit, right?

To me, no business is perfect. Customers and the business owners are natually on different sides of a battle field. Not saying one side is good, the other must be bad. But our interests are 180' different. Therefore, there are must be conflicts here and there. As a customer, we weight a business in overall, rather than a particular "bad day". If overall, the service worth the $$$ i pay, I will come back for more. If not, then I will go somewhere else.

Then again, I still don't see why their own staffing can't defend themselves, from their own point of view. :cool:

14. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    its not that they cant defend themselves, its that their view is clearly different because they're defending the company that they get money off of. if they fall in love with their job, then it changes their perspective entirely. "blinded by love" is the phrase i'd use, although it is almost completely inappropriate for the actual situation =).

the only thing that attracted me back to c1 was that it was the only place closeby to my entire group of baddy buddies. we could all just meet up there and play our lovely game for 3 hours in the morning and go out for lunch afterwards. basically, the only good things i can see about c1 are that its in a very ideal area and the friendly head coach.

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Let me ask a question. If you get a job, you get your paycheck from your boss, do you commit to help him, and defend your company behind? I believe, you should, as long as it's not against the human principle. And I believe protect the business' interests (that's how a business suppose to survive) mostly, is NOT against the principle, even that means, you might not make the customer happy 100% of the time.

Ok, you did listed some good things of C1. And I believe, overall speaking, you let the good things over come the bad portion. Then, why not enjoy the moments, rather than getting pissed? Again, the idea world should be perfect, but the reality is not, and will not. We have to accept whatever it is here. Once other factors kick in (e.g. more business competitor join the business), then, all the existing ones will improve in a way, to stay competitive. ;)

16. frendies

frendies Regular Member

medical
    Sounds like a tempest in a glass. :p
    Always good things and bad things in everything.
    Lots of factors come into managing a business. Sometimes good employees are hard to come by ... and if they were really very good, they wouldnt be staying at in that place for long. I doubt being receptionist is the highest paid job ... but then do our ministers do a good job? do well known companies do a good job? Every tried dealing with an insurance company? the bank? etc ...

Juste mon petit grain de sel ... qui ne faut pas prendre au serieux :D

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Aaaah, it always sounds so much better in French :p

18. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    ...and sexier too :D :D :D Hahaha..

19. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Comparing C1/C2 to these institutions...is like comparing apples & durians

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Durians... did you say durians?? This is the first time I've heard that phrase used in this manner. Hmmm.... an Asian flavour indeed:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.