Justification for hitting someone

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by confuzzledfreak, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I will share some of my experiences with fighting. I have a couple fighting prone friends :eek:. There are consequences to fighting sometimes, sometimes there aren't.

1. Friends GF cheated on him. He was already on probation for something somewhat serious. He went and beat up the guy. He went to jail for four days and his house arrest period is going to be extended.
    2. Fights in sports - happen all the time, from competitive basketball to rec league soccer. Usually no serious reprecussions.
    3. Girl on Girl action - usually no serious reprecussion, my grad date fought some other chick when they were both hammered. the fight was pretty serious but niether of them were really hurt... waay to small to really hurt each other. Like 100-120lbs each they were actually slugging each other until I like ran in to stop it lol.
    4. Mobs - some guy hit my best friend when there was a group of my friends around. the guy just got ownd. his own fault tho, he started it. no reprecussions.

The usual reason for fights is pride, anger, testosterone, previous altercation. Justification is a really, really grey area. We have entire courts with jury's deciding what is and what isn't justifiable. When someone hits someone else is it justice to hit the back? Or if someone is making fun of someone else should that person stand up or back away? If you have the answers to all of these questions become a judge :)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    even a good judge's hands are tied by the laws of the land which sometime are not very justice at all. If our judicial system is more just, i think less people would take laws in there own hands.

3. Eurasian =--(O)

haha cooler are you a vigilante?

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no, i'm no terrorists:p
    self defense is another matter.
    here is where things get blurry, well, for some people.

5. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Just on the subject of provocation this might interest you. In the UK provocation was only a defence to murder. So if some guy ran at me wih a knife screaming that he was going to kill me and making derogatory remarks about my mother, I would need to kill him in order to argue in a court that I was provoked. If I just wounded him then I wouldn't be allowed to argue that I was provoked.

The claim of 'self-defence' is always open to me though.

The lesson here is that if you are being provoked, then make sure you kill the other guy!

My knowldge of criminal law is quite dated so this may no longer be the case.

Peace and love to all though:) :)

6. confuzzledfreak

confuzzledfreak Regular Member

Student
    soory 'nuckbar..i was in a bit of a rush there.
    uh..so basically wut happened was he was hitting on me the first day after he met me :confused: (on the baddie court >.>). After i got to know him i realized that he was a REALLY bad guy..(told me he admired hitler and thought it was okay to kill jews, he was extremely racist as well and didn't know how to express his anger other than with profanity or threats.) Turns out he also got kicked out of his school for stalking his ex gf ><. Naturally i avoided him and he got the hint after a while. However if I ignored him he would incessantly provoke me verbally. Coupled with not being able to move for the past week due to injury during baddi lessons, i was frustrated and tired of him...and..evil..thoughts started forming in my head? :eek:
    Just to make it clear, yes i am a girl =P and no, i've never hit anyone in my life.

7. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

That's it. I'm moving to the UK. :D

Darn it to heck. I knew there bound to be a catch. :)

8. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    She said she is a she. :D

Now, she makes more sense. Confuzzledfreak, if you feel that your safety is at risk, you can make a statement at the police station. It is easy because it is next to the Richmond mall. *(tell them everything about that guy)*

The best thing to do is to avoid him. There are many places to play badminton in Richmond. Just think of it as getting fresh air somewhere else. You may meet new and interesting people in another gym. Also, your skill will improve if you play with different kind of people.

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm. So basically nothing has happened yet other than a flurry of words? And from what I see the guy is a stalker probable psychopath and neo-nazi who probably has less IQ than the poker playing chimp I saw on yahoo?

And so firstly we go back to the beginning, no there is no justification for physically abusing someone. As to your problem, why not just end the problem now while you can. Tell him up straight that you don't want to have anything to do with him? If all else fails, hey nothing short of a court order can stop him... or we can go and 'purchase' some sort of 'assistance' from certain 'problem solving teams.' Get my drift?

10. Eurasian =--(O)

that guy sounds like a creeper. get a boyfriend quick! preferrable one who takes muay thai...
    if thats not an option talk to someone in authority about it b/c this guy seriously sounds like he could take something too far.
    oh btw my friend who got charged for assault had his final court hearing today and got off completely free. I think the judge was trying to show that the courts are fair to asians b/c there have been so many asian gang related issues lately.

11. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    Salutations!!

Well, this sure is an interesting topic. But here is my way of seeing it. It's not nice to be provocative, but just don't end up being annoying about it. It's like you can brag about your skills in badminton, but don't put others down about it. But that doesn't mean you "should" punch someone because someone said it. There are many ways to deal with it, and with the situation I mentioned, just, for a lack of a better term, kick his or her ass on the badminton court.

I think it is rather unfair to say that all men are jerks just because this thread started because some guy seemed to be. This world is filled with all sorts of annoyances with different traits.

With the situation mentioned by confuzzledfreak, I think that person is just stupid, and wants to act all tough. I would not be surprised if that is his why of flirting, hahaha. But anyways, I think you should be more cautious when dealing with such an individual. I just want to be clear that being cautious does not mean being afraid, but just being careful. To put it simply, learn how to defend yourself. It doesn't mean just kneeing him in the family jewels, but it can also mean threatening him with your knowledge of the law, assuming he is smart enough not to cross the government. In California, there are things such as disturbing the peace, assault, and such. A copy of a "Penal Code of California" (abridged edition) might help, and it costed me less than 20 bucks. It is just stuff that is nice to know.

When playing badminton, I believe it is a more or less play at your own risk deal. I do not wear goggles, because I think they look dorky, so I have to be even more careful, especially playing the net. I swear, I can never stress that point hard enough when trying to coach this girl from my friend's school. But I guess she had to learn it the hard way like Sally Yeh did. Yeah, I hit her in the face last Thursday, and boy did it feel great. I did not feel obligated to apologize, but I did because my friend works for her. Boy she has an attitude problem towards teenager-looking people. But anyways, becareful, or else you'd end up like Sally Yeh.

#31 Rai_Korei, Jul 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2006