Lets vote for New or Old point system.

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by terry, Sep 20, 2005.

?

Which scoring system do you prefer?

1. Old 15x3 service based scoring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New 21x3 rally based scoring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have been playing the NSS for over 7 months now and I could tell from day one that it would be an improvement. Hence my early lone voice-probably the only one then-in support of the change. Recently I have a visitor from Fujian in China, a competition player in his province, joining my group whenever he is free, and he took to the NSS the first time he tried it. He commented that it was a fairer system which keeps you on your toes all the time.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

...well, i(we all) know *at least* you are, taneepak...;) :rolleyes:

#722 ctjcad, Jul 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  3. Chai

Chai Regular Member

import export
    Is it the 3X15 as per appendix 3 that you are playing?

Perosnally I have no problem to know that you like the 3x21; i believe most people here are pleased for you too.

I think it is wrong if you continue to imply that the 3X15 is less fair! 1st it is not the driving obejctive of the IBF, and 2nd there are more people here think it the other way and had gone through a great lenght on it with you. I think we should rest that subject.

4. bye bye birdie

bye bye birdie Regular Member

Student
    old all the way, dont fix whats not broke

5. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    I'm just telling you guys what is going to happen.:D:cool:

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Maybe someone should consider this thread has come to an end and have it locked.

7. Dandirom

Dandirom Regular Member

Computer Related
    I think you're right. Personally, I don't approve of the change but whether we like it or not the fact is, it has already been made official -- what's done is done, no use complaining about it now. Of course, if the question should arise again whether IBF should revert to the old system then this thread may again be resurrected but as of now, it has no use whatsoever.

8. kanive

kanive Regular Member

I agree that this thread has run out of juice. But, the questions it asks are still relevant. People haven't stopped playing 3x15, and more to the point, they haven't started playing rally21. The Massachusetts State Championships last weekend ran on 3x15.

9. Dandirom

Dandirom Regular Member

Computer Related
    Really? I didn't know that. Here in the Philippines all clubs I know about have all started using the new system. I think most associations here have already approved it officially.

10. Pball

Pball Regular Member

That's true, (not in our case tho. Our last tournament had the 3X15 still and the participants were most happy.) but the funny thing is during queueing most still play the 3X15. Gives one an insight to what the players really want eh..

11. Pball

Pball Regular Member

That doesn't say much either about them eh...

12. Steven_Master18

Steven_Master18 Regular Member

student
    old one is really really better..more challenging imo..new one is good when there s lot of ppl waiting and calling "next"

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Now that all major tournaments play only the NSS it would be difficult for the 15-point only players to fully understand and appreciate more than the already converted 21-point players, the new game as it is played. It takes time for the mind to see the new game from the 21-point perspective. Initially, they will see the NSS games with 15-point eyes, as putting on 21-point eyes can be a bit confusing when your mind is so beholden to the OSS and not too receptive to the NSS. Only when you are so immersed with the NSS to the extent that you get confused about where to stand or serve when playing the OSS, can you then fully 'see' the new game, because the game is now different in more ways than just a changing of the rules.
    However, tournament players seem to take to the NSS like fish to water, after some misgivings from a few players, with some of them reversing their initial unfavourable opinions. And the level of play is better, in my opinion.

14. kanive

kanive Regular Member

Yes, finally something we can agree on!

Not so, in my opinion.

15. smohd

smohd New Member

I personally feel that its a big shame to change the way badminton scoring is being played. Badminton is badminton, and ping-pong is ping-pong or whatever sports it is. The reason of attracting sponsorship and money just isn't good enough. If badminton is to progress, I feel it is not by changing how the game has alwiz been played and make it into a similar game. Change for the sake of changing is not progress. Make more sports hall available for badminton, cheaper rackets, ......... do something else but not change what the game is!!!!!!!
    Yes, I have played with the new rules for some time now as it has been muscled thru into my club. If it has to be played in the league system as well (God forbid), then I suppose that's how things are going to be. However, just because people are playing it due to commands of higher authority doesn't mean that people don't oppose it and doesn't mean that it has been accepted.
    It's a real shame I feel that we live in a society dictated by sponsorship deals and money. I personally feel that if enough clubs, leagues and counties take a stance and stick to the old real badminton system, the IBF might be forced to listen for once. But perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

~Syaz~

16. merlin

merlin Regular Member

student
    At first, I was with the old system. I have tried the new one now for several months, and I am now going with the new system.

Anyone else change their mind?

17. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    hard to say, havent tired out the new system, lol scared that it might be horrible, but come next year at school i will have to eplain it to all the newbs from the school team

18. franxon

franxon Regular Member

Totally agree. Badminton is NOT a profession sport by that defination for the time being. And the only way to popularize a sport is to commercialize it i.e. professionalize it.

NO one popular sports is NOT a professional sports. prove me wrong. Mr. Punch Gunalan, are you hearing me? it is more meaningful to commericalize badminton than to prove it to be the biggest racket sports in the world.

I dunno how many years are needed before badminton becomes a professional sport. But I do know how much MONEY is needed for it. MONEY TALKS.

if the All England champion takes away a million US dollars, THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE WATCHNG HOW YOU TAKE IT AWAY *LIVE*. he will receive as much attention and love and respect as Roger Federer does. and the whole world will agree it's a cool to be a badminton star. and the whole world will like badminton. it is that simple. badminton itself already has the charm to be loved by a lot more people, and the best players already have the sophiscated skills and astonishing stemina to be adored for, compare to tennis & tennis players! the problem is that we failed to give people an opportunity to develop the affection.

#738 franxon, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic..but agree with you..

franxon, thanks for your input on this, but i think it might've been a bit off topic. Nonetheless, i totally agree with what you wrote above & abt the commercializing-->professionalizing part of badminton..But it has been discussed and brought up here before, in other threads.
    I'm not going any further on this topic, on this specific thread, but in your opinion, if you indeed propose that badminton needs "to be commercialized", where and how do you think it should start with?? To be specific, which nation/country should this "commercialization of badminton" start with??..Or should the effort falls on all the countries supporting the sport??..:rolleyes: ;)

20. jko9830

jko9830 Regular Member

Student
    well there r proz and cons about both systems.
    eh, i'll go for the old bcoz i make too many mistakes -______-lll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.