Singapore Satellite 2006

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by magical_phoenix, Aug 8, 2006.

1. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

Time: 28 Aug - 2 Sep 2006
    Venue: Toa Payoh Sports Hall
    I'll let others to add some more info.. Haha.

So who else are gonna be there??

2. magical_phoenix

Hahaha I'm also surprised that I'm already in Singapore. I'm studying at SMU.. BadMania is right... hahaa right in downtown. I've decided that I'll come everyday if time permits, that is. Really looking forward to see you there, too, Loh!

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Congratulations Serla (mind telling me what this means and why Yannie addresses you by this name) and welcome! You must be very special as the SMU is quite selective and this uni is certainly making a name for itself despite its short history. The SMU badminton captain is Gerald Ho, an ex-national player and Singapore's former no.3. You must have impressed at the interview(s)! ;) And may I know how come BadMania knows where you're going? :rolleyes:

So the venue has changed to Toa Payoh Sports Hall. I wonder whether this is the same hall that I went to watch table tennis? I'm sure quite a number of BFers will attend. Do PM me your handphone no. when you're ready. :)

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its is located at Toa Payoh Sports Hall. The Official Hotel will be Copthorne Orchid Hotel.

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

How did I know that you, dear Serla, would start this thread... LMAO!

6. magical_phoenix

Hahah.. Serla is my name.. weird name? Hahaha. Wow.. that's cool if the captain is Gerald Ho. BadMania and I have been in touch for quite some time, and he is the friend of a lecturer at SMU.. Hahaha. The prof who interviewed me was very nice, so some credit goes to him? Hahahaha. I'm happy to get into the uni as well.

Anyway, I don't even know where the Sports Hall is, but what I know that it's VERY near my house. Hehehe.

7. magical_phoenix

Of course u know... We're soulmates hahaha :D Anyway, I'll take lots of pics for u, don't worry *hihi I wish u could join me as well, seriously... *faint

8. yannie

yannie Regular Member

hahaha!!! i'm like really seriously very excited for u, ah ser... and also for loh... :D :D :D georgina, have u decided whether u're going???

oh yeah serla and loh, of course u guys must take 1000 pics for me and erin... uhm... serla, when u meet wei feng, must say hello from us ok? hahaha and to the rest of the gang as well... oh yeah, remember to sms me also!!!

#8 yannie, Aug 12, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  9. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    lmao yannie! and Serla, tell Wei Feng..beware of the Achoo Gang! :cool:

omg take lots and lots and lots of picture, and don't forget to update the scores :) and one more thing, sms please :D

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    :D
    Wah, you all think this tournament is equivalent to the WC or what?

Nevertheless, I think Serla will be armed to the teeth (Yannie is going to specialize in this soon, orthodontics, right?). If any talented Thai second team is coming, I'm sure Georgina will be there with her latest image equipment as well. As she is now the Da Jia (Big Sis :D ), I think she's now enjoying the activities put up by the NUS fresh undergrads during the "Rag & Flag" celebrations before the start of the new term.

Don't know who Wei Feng is (not Georgina?) and have not really met erin.

But I think you can rely on Serla! :)

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

the achoo gang lmao!!! if wei feng reads this, he will make us become fried chicken... *faint* oh yeah, the scores as well, serla :D remember to tell us every single thing!

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hi Loh!!!

It's almost as exciting as WC, hahaha! You can probably ask Serla why, when you meet her! :p
    Btw, nope... I ended up choosing economics - as it's a wonderful subject... :D
    About Wei Feng... you can probably check the "Malaysian Junior" thread for Chong Wei Feng... He is not Georgina... ;)
    Erin is Erin Hakkinen from this forum... Great friend of Yannie and Serla.

13. magical_phoenix

Hahaha, for Yan Yan, Serla and Erin this is one of the WC s... !!! Hahaha. I'll definitely arm myself to the teeth if I have the equipment... I'll just rely on my cell phone though.. I dun hv a digital camera.. *faint... I'll take 10000 pics for u guys... don't worry !! Loh, will too, right!? Then if I have any pics lacking just ask from Loh! Lmao!!! I'll fill up my credit with the Sing Tel top up promotion then i can sms to u guys the detail. It's gonna be a very expensive week!! Hahahaha. SMSes and chocs *faint

14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Aww... but ur phone can take super nice pictures also!!! Like the one with Guo Zhendong! etc etc... As for Loh, I've seen so many wonderful pics from his side.

Expensive??? I was LMAO with reading this... chocs!!! Hahaha! So funny, remember to donate some for the others also. *ahem*

15. moonsilk

moonsilk Regular Member

Student
    Im going for sure!!!
    WAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Will try to snap some pics for you alright?

16. moonsilk

moonsilk Regular Member

Student
    Singapore satellite means a world of something to yannie!WAHAHA!!
    Monthila told me that Peerasak(MS no.3),Sitee(WS no.4)and the juniors are coming!The rest are going to Korea and Hong Kong.
    :crying: (Sudket & Boonsak!)

And Ronald is also not participating in Singapore Satellite.
    :crying: :crying:

Loh,Im not that fresh!
    Year 2 now...School started today!

17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

thank you thank you thank you!!! xie xie georgina as well!!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!!! thanks from erin kerrrin as well!!!!!!!!!!!

khob khun kha!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

18. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Btw, anyone has the entry list? Please let us know...

19. moonsilk

moonsilk Regular Member

Student
    Khob khun kha(Thank you)
    Mai pen rai kha(Welcome)
    :)

I think the draw is not out yet.
    Soon soon!Cant wait!!

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Toa Payoh Sports Hall

I've never played at the TPSH although Chew5555 and his kakis are regulars there. So yesterday, I decided to take a trip to TP after work to get acquainted. It is quite far from my office at Raffles Place, unlike the Singapore Badminton Hall which is much closer and this enables me to make more frequent trips there.

TPSH is circular in design, not very big nor tall and is set in the midst of the sports complex comprising the TP Swimming Complex, Singapore Table Tennis Association training centre, TP Stadium and the Sports Council TP office.

My visit coincided with the 2006 National Wushu Championships and it was actually the first time that I had a chance to witness such a competition. The Hall is big enough for 4 badminton courts with room to spare. The ceiling looks a little low and the lights don't seem to be very friendly as they are relatively dim (bad for the camera) and directly overhead. But the seats up in the gallery, though they are more like the less comfortable benches without backs, are quite well spaced out and exudes a breath of warmth when occupied. Movement around the gallery is free and easy.

The most welcomed addition is the airconditioning which contrasted glaringly with the heat and discomfort that a visitor has to bear for long periods at the SB Hall.

Here are some pics. Balance seems to be very important to the wushu exponent. The non-weapon hand is used not only to add beauty to the form and stance but also used to stabilise the body, something that badminton can learn from.

Attached Files: