Prototype Test Rackets Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, May 19, 2005.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I have not tried stringing it to 32lbsX35lbs. But i've tried 1 piece 32lbs. You can feel the difference when you are pulling the strings. The frame does not move much. Same goes to the latest NS9000. I feel that its much more durable than the AT700 frame.

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Is the prototype 2U?

3. Shuttle_Slicer

Shuttle_Slicer Regular Member

Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
    ....................i wanna know more......:(

4. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

So I guess it is Prototype C and D then ?

Prototybe B is dated June 2005 and if this prototype is in mass production now could you please tell us which racket it is by now ? :)

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would also like to know..

It seems pretty meaningless with review of something "secret".. If no info to correlate the proto with the comersial released versions..

It is to me like reviewing a "secret" movie, that no one else will ever be allowed to watch (and not disclose any info about the plot :) ), just provide info about how good, exciting or boring it was.. Not very usefeul :D

/Twobeer

6. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    It does mean though that there are potentially new rackets coming out, so its nice to know :)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, there are new rackets every year, potentially:)

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    So you are saying that without these protos the WOULD NOT be any pontial of new rackets ???

I dont see much meaning with a review, if you cant disclose technology, cant disclose any info on possibility of general availability, or not even in retrospect disclose if it is one of the actual commersial models (or what parts are the same or different to the "real" ones compared to the protos..)

/T

9. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Twobeer, I do understand that you are very curious about the new models but what I rather intended to say is that it would be very interesting if Ants could say that prototype X actually is model X, after the official commercial release of the racket.
    But however I do understand Ants if he is not allowed and dont want to give in any technical information and specs about the prototype before any official release. It is same thing as in the car industry, playing hide & seek during the cold winters with the prototypes.
    Any new information about upcoming rackets could possibly harm the current market sales.

10. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I agree with twobeer.

If Ants is never able to disclose which racket matches which review, then these prototype test threads are entirely pointless--except to remind us of Ants's privileged position ;)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

The racket is a 3U. :)

12. ants

ants Regular Member

I do know how twobeer feels. The prototypes reviews that i publish have not come out in the market yet. Even though after reviews and inspection... there might be changes in the technical and technological side from the factory/company once i submit the reports. So i cannot tell u which proto is for which racket. But i can tell u that the protos that i've mentioned above has "NOT BEEN RELEASE" in the market yet. Not forgetting sometimes these protos may not come out the next following month or year. It might take 2 years to do all the R&D etc before the real thing come out.
    Of course even when the protos are confirmed to be for the next release, i still can't divulge any information like colors,technology etc due to many counterfeits and copy cats. I have my own reason for not doing so.
    But from the past reviews on the released YONEX rackets that i did. I posted them even before anyone have seen or used them. And i do humbly say that so far the reviews has been almost agreeable with the users of each respective rackets. Which i think i've done my part and i'm happy with it due to the respond of the Bcfers and other non forum members.
    However if twobeer or other thinks that my proto reviews are useless in any form. Then i shall not give any reviews on the protos anymore. Just tell me and i know what to do.
    Just remember that i'm doing this for the love of badminton and i don't get a single $ for it (except free rackets once in a while) and at least i can contribute something to you guys out there. :)

#52 ants, Aug 20, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  13. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Ants, are you able to divulge the identity of a prototype racket after it has been released to the consumer market? That way people could use learn from your prototype reviews once the racket is available.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Ants,

As long as you inform the rest of us when/if the protos you test makes it to "the real world", and or similarities/differences with your protos compared to realease models. I would love to read your proto reviews..

Just the info that PROTO A and B is not released yet, is good info to me (otherwise i wouldn´t even know if proto A,B where for example protos of NS9000X and S... ). As long as I have information (or the prospect of getting information) to correlate the info you provide on the protos to commersial products availbale to me, I am greatful for all the review and info you have..

But if its not possible for you to disclose enough information (even at a later stage when new models arrive with similiarites or completely based on the protos tested) to make it possible to correlete the reviews to actual released models, then...

/Twobeer

15. ants

ants Regular Member

I've actually tried some protos of the NSs But didnt post any reviews since i was occupied at other things. Anyway it was a year or so before the NS came out.

#55 ants, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Ants,

Do you ´know if AT900T and P (if that is the final names) are "realted" to Proto A and B ??

/T

17. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Twobeer, I think Ants can't answer your questions right now. And I think we all know the reasons. As to your question, IMO, the answer is predictable.

18. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Ants, are these racket's using NS9000's stringing patterns or NS8000's ?

19. jerby

jerby Regular Member

#59 jerby, Jan 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007