Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Ningtyas, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

How far this young Indonesian pair can go?
    I saw them play for the first time on 2005 Indo Open final. What a play! They were amazing. Dahsyat!

"Untuk bola-bola tipis, Markis dan Hendra memang yang terbaik," said MD coach Herry Iman Pierngadi in Tabloid Bola. Meaning : Markis and Hendra are the best for "bola-bola tipis" (steep shots?).

The Malaysian pair they beat on the semifinal looks so frustrated with Markis/Hendra's attacks. Even Candra and Sigit had no answers for their amazing shots. Until now they have beaten almost all best MD pairs in the world such as Cai/Fu, Sigit/Candra, Jonas/Lars, and Tony/Howard in several tournaments.

It was indeed a huge dissappointment for them when they failed to participate in the 05 WC. But I think it was also *a blessing in disguise*. The failure did give them the highest motivation to prove themselves.
    "Kami bertekad untuk meraih gelar sebanyak-banyaknya," say Markis Kido to Seputar Indonesia daily newspaper. (Translation : "We eager to win titles as many as we can.")
    "Kami ingin membuktikan bahwa kami layak dikirim ke turnamen berkelas seperti kejuaraan dunia." ("We wish to prove that we deserve to be sent to world-class tournament such as the World Championship").

Time will tell, but I do believe that Markis Kidho (not Kido)/Hendra Setiawan have the potential to be the future world champion!

2. valentino

valentino Regular Member

Student
    I'm looking forward for more of their competitions!

3. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

Very true indeed, i can see the exploding aura from this pair. They are 100% capable of becoming the next Candra/Sigit if not better.

4. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Ya, I hope so. Hendra Setiawan have excellent smash in front of the net. Not just fast and powerful, but the angle is just unbelievable. It's remind me of similar shots by Park Joo Bong. Excellent! Can't wait to see their next action.

Hope they continue to perform their best everytime they play.

#4 Ningtyas, Sep 30, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  5. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    I remember after they won the Indo Open final, they were asked whether they are ready to be the next World Champion or not. "Siap jadi Juara Dunia?" (Are you ready to be the World Champion?) and both of them (Hendra, followed by Kidho) said "Siap" (Ready)... Well, I just hope that they will do their best and be the next World Champion just like their seniors before... Btw, were they semi-finalist or the finalist of the World Junior Championship in 2000?

6. Melmel

Melmel Regular Member

Hi all! anyone of you would kindly post their pictures here?

7. yuichiru_cloudy

yuichiru_cloudy Regular Member

well..i read in Bola that Sutiyoso said to them, prepare your self in next match.

i think that mean they will be sent in next match not Chandra-Sigit.:p
    finally Indonesia got a new-talented player..
    hopely they will got a success.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Markis/Hendra will be sent to compete in the coming Holland Open and Denmark Open 2005. They will also be going to the SEA Games in Manila.

However, it seems that Rudi Hartono is still skeptical about the pair. He said that their victory at the Indo Open was because it happened that they faced Candra/Sigit (an old pair) and it was held in Jakarta. Plus the fact that the Chinese pairs were not even there. The test will come in the Denmark or China Open and he expected that they WIN at least either one tournament to show that they really can become Indonesia's no 1 pair.

Oh come on....it will be tough for any pair to win at Denmark or China Open and u expect them to win AT LEAST one? In my opinion, a semi-final placing in the 5* and 6* rated tournaments and a top 5 ranking by the end of the year will be a good achievement for this young pair.

I am thinking that he's being too demanding and a little unfair! What about Luluk/Alven....they haven't even won a single tournament yet this year. Let alone Flandy/Eng Hian, whom I think should retire since last year's Olympic.

I do agree that the real test will come in the Thomas Cup. I am pretty confident that they can beat China's second pair of Sang Yang/Zheng Bo. However, Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun will be a tougher nut to crack. But the same thing apply to other Indo pair. They seem to have difficulty playing against this Chinese pair.

This is the quote from the article in Bola.
    Ketua Bidang Pembinaan Prestasi dan Pelatnas PB PBSI, Rudy Hartono, mengaku puas dengan hasil yang dicapai Kido/Hendra meski dengan catatan.
    “Saya puas, tapi gelar juara itu tidak menjadi ukuran karena mereka bermain di Indonesia dan lawannya Candra/Sigit. Tapi, tolong buktikan bisa atau tidak menang di Hong Kong dan Cina Terbuka? Tidak usah jadi juara di dua tempat itu, cukup satu saja,” tegas Rudy.

Untuk ganda putra, diharapkan Kido/Hendra bisa menempa diri lebih gigih. “Bukan maksud saya meremehkan, tapi di Indonesia Terbuka yang dihadapi adalah Candra/Sigit, yang sudah tidak muda lagi. Sekarang, bagaimana caranya bisa menang melawan Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun? Itu lawan kita yang sesungguhnya karena Cina kalau untuk Piala Thomas akan luar biasa mati-matian,” tambahnya.

#8 badMania, Oct 1, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  9. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

I don't think so. As far as know, Markis Kidho and Hendra Setiawan were just paired up in 2003. It was Christian Hadinata who "menjodohkan mereka." Before that Markis used to be paired with Hendra Riyadi, didn't he?

10. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Another media say it differently. It is said that Sutiyoso told Markis and Hendra, "Prepare yourself for the Thomas Cup."
    Most likely Markis/Hendra will be included in the TC team. Good for them !

11. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Maybe Rudy Hartono said so just to motivate Markis/Hendra further, so that Markis/Hendra will have another 'proving ground' after the Indo Open. :)

12. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Ups sorry, it's a typo. Markis Kidho's former partner is Hendra A Gunawan, who is now paired with Joko Riyadi.

13. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

Fearsome players

No matter what had happened, Indonesia double players are fearsome and unpredictable in their tactic. Their players can combination well and switching partners even make them more unpredictable.

Their young players keep on making names in the world badminton arena. Other than Malaysia, the rest still have a lot to catch up. Else, in years to come we will see the same scenario as to what had happened to F1, the race is dominated by a few driver. We will see that the sport is losing its popularity.

14. Only CW

Only CW Regular Member

Does anyone have any information about Hendra Setiawan?? He and his partner play very well. How old is he? he looks very young and energetic...he is so cool but very nice...

15. verinee@yey

verinee@yey Regular Member

stdnt
    he is 22 years old....ya he's cool n nice

16. Only CW

Only CW Regular Member

22?! I thought he was younger. It's so pity that there is few pictures in China Open. I met Hendra several times in China open, he is nice when I ask for his signature. Very lovely when he smiles......

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He is "very shy" according to Ko Herry IP :D

18. Only CW

Only CW Regular Member

:eek: what does it mean??:confused:

19. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he doesn't 'talk' to much :D

20. esther

esther Regular Member