I always lose.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kaitamasaki, Sep 4, 2006.

1. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

i agree and know what you mean, techniques isnt everything, mental strength has importance as well.

2. kaitamasaki

kaitamasaki Regular Member

technique was because i learned a long time from many coaches..
    EXCEPT i never get to play games

in the end i could use none of those techniques in games.. and even if i did, they were crappy hits

i decided to play seriously and went to practise a few hours every two days after school (i go to ClearOne drop in , for those of you who live in richmond/vancouver, that place is EMPTY now)

i kept playing games to get rid of the tension

i can dare say i improved a lot, physical and mental wise in just one week :D my friends said i used to play very bad and do stupid mistakes as well as pose as a clown, but now i improved a lot

anyhow tomorrow is school tryouts for me. having to play half court freaks me out sometimes, wish me good luck!

3. setaa

setaa Regular Member

good luck to you :D

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

don't worry so much about the results of games.
    ensure your technique and footwork, etc, are all spotless (despite the fact they can always get better :)).
    games can come later.
    i myself have a similar problem. regardless of who i play, level higher or level lower, i seemingly have the same amount of difficulty, always ending up losing because of one reason or another.

but when it comes to drills, i do perfectly fine.
    the technique is there, but for some reason, i wans't able to use it in-game.

a little while back, maybe a couple months back, my friend said my focus got a lot better, or something along those lines, and i noticed i was making a lot less mistakes, and was able to do a lot more of the stuff i do regularly in drills.

its a huge up-down thing, a rollar coaster. you just gotta ride through the tough stuff as much as you ride through the easy things.

so just work on what you need, do what you gotta do, and when everything clicks, everything feels all that much better!

check your diet also, as someone else mentioned.
    a friend of mine always runs outta gas at one point or another during every session.
    then we realized that he didnt' get enough carbs, so his body eats through the easy fats and sugars, then he dies, literally. everything stops functioning and all he does is mis-hit, shank, moves really slow, loss of conviction, everything.

#24 chickenpoodle, Sep 13, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  5. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Its a motivation thing, play short games for a while then your loss of concentration shouldnt be a problem, first to seven?

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    interesting thread which gives a lot to analyse.

Seems you've found out a bit about your game.

Although you think you have good technique, there is something wrong which you have corrected (i.e. the mini hop)

You have 'good technique' but bad consistency - you've partly helped that by practising more often.

Some other analyses:
    1) Because you have the other problems, this is why you have lost confidence before which is starting to return. Other people have said you lost confidence first and then lost your shots. No. It's the other way round.

2) You've been training techinques before but I bet you haven't learnt how to string them together to construct a rally that you can win. This can be done with coaching by practising a particular sequence of shots.

3) You haven't learnt if you need to change your choice of shots for the big points. Look at Lin Dan. He really plays the crucial points well even though he might have less skill than some other players.