China coach - unfair Tactic?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by virusvoodoo, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    these words only show your jealousness,no else!:cool:

2. deROSE

deROSE Regular Member

student
    If the chinese coach really did resort to such acts...kinda shameful i must say.Anyway,he got wad he wanted in the end so,period.Wad i dun understand was he still so angry of lcw after the game.kinda weird.FORTUNATELY,not all the chinese players portray unsportsmanship like attitude....a good example is Chen Jin .i will always remember seeing that picture of him shakings hands , smiling and exchanging a couple of freindly words with Chong wei even after he lost to the latter in the hong kong open this year.Now,that is a wad i wud call a good sport.Sadly,he didn't make it to the semis this year.I hope the other chinese players or even certain coaches can emulate this behaviour of his.

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    LCW is a polite and good behaviour player..He seldom angry over some minor matter and i believe that this time LYB action hurt him a lot and make him angry...If you ask me,although we can't denied that LCW was lose and we are not finding excuse for him..As a badminton lover,i really feel that what the china coach did is really ruin the badminton sport...Anyway,what is happened we can't change anymore,but from now i have a perpective toward LYB...Sorry to say that.for me,i really can't accept what he has done and this is not because i am a Malaysian...He shouldn't treat any player like this...

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am not trying to say if it's right or wrong, as I am not there, and no way for me to prove how it happened, or whether there's any mis-understanding involved.

However, I don't see the difference between the fans and coaches/staff members. They all try to support their own players, and help their own. Of course, illegal actions should not be encouraged for sure.

Shouting in a un-friendly way is part of the strategy in a game, and all the pros need to learn how to over come such situation. If they get bothered by such actions, they need to take a share of responsibility as well.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not sure if there's any mis-understanding involved. "Breaking legs" in sport might NOT mean things like "hit your leg with a baseball bat in the parking lot". It might mean "move the opponent around, and tire him out".

Again, I am not there, and did not watch any videos yet. I just say, it could be a mis-understanding. And we all know LYB has some reputation in the baddy community, so, if such thing comes out of his mouth, it's very possible ppl immediately jump into a negative conclusion. :rolleyes:

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Very much agree... ;)

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Li Yong Bo is stooping very low to distract LCW. I think the Malaysian coach should do the same if it was true - they can break LCW's leg, we will break their necks ! LOL

8. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    ... as the world number one, i think lcw shouldn't be so easily disturbed like that... i mean, to let one lousy statement affect his focus for the entire match? sure its not a very nice thing to say, but i dun think his loss could have been blamed entirely on that. that will just be an excuse for losing.

9. arice_MAS

arice_MAS Regular Member

student
    izzit LYB hate chong wei too much??
    eventhought he hate chong wei but he must control his atitude n be more profesional.IBF must do something if this true coz it really serious and not fair 4 chong wei.this make me dissapointed with china team n also their media,they must control their mouth...

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    He is not hate LCW but scared LCW to ruin his china player...So,he think with this stupid way can threatening LCW..He is simply too simply minded..Just watch and see..LCW will take revenge in a polite but scary way...Ha..ha..

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    LYB doens't hate LCW in person, however, he hates whoever that can pose a threat to China domination in badminotn especially the ones coach by Li Mao(former China National MS coach).
    Badminton is getting so much more competitive after the inclusion to Olympics which is good, regardless how much "drama"(positive & negative) it creates along the way.
    Long live Badminton :D

12. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

agree.. but i dont think his lost was due to that..

it was good of lcw to point it out.. if he didn't nobody would know about it and liyongbo would be left to do what he likes!

13. emms626

emms626 Regular Member

student
    omg.............lee yong bo is bad~~~
    lee chong wei is a kind people~~~~~y lyb

14. emms626

emms626 Regular Member

student
    i heard bam want 2 port lyb..........right

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    XXF win two straight set 21-12 and 21-10...China rule this time WC...

16. emms626

emms626 Regular Member

student
    jgoa,james,Eurasian,alvinlai,ye333,malaysianfans

your comment shown in our malaysia chinese newspaper...........

lucky you~~~i also want my comment shown in newspaper

17. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I've verified that Lee Yong Bo did not say "break LCW's leg" this time at WC. What he said was "Shut up", "Give him a red card", all those are suggestions and pressures given to the judge and umpire.

But LYB said before to break LCW's leg which meant to defeat LCW's strong defense. LYB said before, LCW knew that.

Everybody saw LYB not quiet during LCW-BCL's match. Now LCW used what LYB said before because people don't understand Chinese don't know what LYB shouted.

I think LYB eager to see LCW defeated because LCW's trained under Lee Mao, who is the life time enemy of Lee Yongbo.

18. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

Jessica i totally agree u i never heard LCW angry like tat , LYB said让他闭嘴,小子这么赖. and 给他一个红牌!and !“好的不学,尽学些毛病!”LYB is too much!!!

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what do you mean? you mean a newspaper quoted BC members' posts?

20. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

But he definitely told LD to "break his leg" in HKO. Whatever that actually means, it is still vicious to shout at the opponent like that, it seems like u wanna provoke other players to fight. And the way he cursed the Japanese umpire its even worse, IBF should make some actions on that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.