Lee Hyun Il-rally king

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by Angelyn51, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Angelyn51

Angelyn51 Regular Member

I've seen Lee play most of his matches by stretching rallies. The match with Bao chunlai he didn't smashed that much and his rallies were all almost half a minute long before. Bao almost fell for it though. There was one rally i saw him puffing his chest like he's running out of breath. I think he wants to exhaust his opponent before really attacking. What do you think?

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LHI is a control player. Not neccessarily defensive player (although it seems that way as his opponents try force control by attacking) but likes to control the pace of the rally hit consistent strokes etc..

He has very good footwork. You very rarely see him diving, off balance or looking uncontrolled in his movement.

His main weakness it because his mindset is this "control" type of game, then he lacks the explosive change of pace required to upset his opponents. When he speeds up it is done over a number of shots, where as LD or LCW can play slower, then in one shot jump, hit and change the pace straight away.

I try to play like him actually because I am not altheltic enough to change pace quickly.

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I agree. And we have seen LHI hitting many 300Kms smashes during the match with BCL. I am sure those are some of the good reasons that make him the world number 5.